• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Where to watch in Billings?

MrMischief

Turns out that I'm going to be in Billings (up from Denver) for Griz/Cat. What is a good place I can go to watch? I'm hoping for beer, good food and good TV watching. I would prefer a Griz bar if there is one as I'd rather not be the only Griz surrounded by Bobcats.

Thanks in advance!

Grandstand or Hooligans are great. Both Griz bars.

There also is a new bar that just opened called American Family Restaurant. Bad name. Great setup. Not sure if it's a cat or Griz bar. But has great tvs.

MrMischief said:
Turns out that I'm going to be in Billings (up from Denver) for Griz/Cat. What is a good place I can go to watch? I'm hoping for beer, good food and good TV watching. I would prefer a Griz bar if there is one as I'd rather not be the only Griz surrounded by Bobcats.

Thanks in advance!

You will want to go to Hooligans, expect a big crowd but lots of TVS and full volume. Getting volume watching games at bars seems to be a big issue in Billings.....

Hooligans has been fun for us watching the last two games in Billings. They have good food and drink, and will show the game on the a large projection screen. Should be plenty of Griz fans there!

I'd suggest finding a flatscreen at the Rimrock Foundation, I think that's where Az and a few others are going to end up after this one.

CatsTruckGriz said:
I'd suggest finding a flatscreen at the Rimrock Foundation, I think that's where Az and a few others are going to end up after this one.

I think Arizona and All Weather will be there together planning Stitt’s new 20 year contract. Stitt has also retained them as consultants for his new Offensive Genius book.

The Winners Circle in Billings has always been a Grizz bar. The bar is small and for big games it is hard to get a seat, so arrive early. They usually have complementary snacks.

LivingstonNative said:
The Winners Circle in Billings has always been a Grizz bar. The bar is small and for big games it is hard to get a seat, so arrive early. They usually have complementary snacks.

Winner’s Circle is excellent, however, I doubt they will have complementary snacks for Griz-Cat.

Why not just grab a sixer, order takeout from a few places, and watch it in the hotel room with the shades closed? With any luck, it could feel like you're not even in Billings.

CDAGRIZ said:
Why not just grab a sixer, order takeout from a few places, and watch it in the hotel room with the shades closed? With any luck, it could feel like you're not even in Billings.

That wasn’t nice!

CDAGRIZ said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spanky said:
CatsTruckGriz said:

I think Arizona and All Weather will be there together planning Stitt’s new 20 year contract. Stitt has also retained them as consultants for his new Offensive Genius book.

Oh they'll be there but the contract talk won't be.

CDAGRIZ said:

Well... no hotel room either. I'm actually in Hardin visiting my parents (in their 70s) who will both be going with me. They have appointments in Billings in the morning, so it just works out that I'll be there for game time. Neither of my parents watch sports of any kind but they're willing to try to get through this for me so the more comfortable they are the more likely I can stay for the entire game. Last Saturday right after I landed we went to Tiny's and I got lucky with the game being on. We stayed until about halftime and as soon as we got out my dad was complaining about how loud it was in there, if that's any indication of how my parents are (I thought it was fine).

I brought up Hooligans as a place to go, but one of their friends told them it's "very loud" so they're not wanting to go there. Instead, my parents are pulling very hard for "Fiddlers Green" but I don't trust their judgement for this sort of of thing. I can't find any info on Fiddlers Green online, is this a decent option? Is Hooligans going to be terribly loud for my elderly, non-sports, parents?

I should just try to steal one of their vehicles tomorrow and go scout locations for myself. The other option I'm thinking is send them off to do whatever they need to do and I'll uber to one of the recommendations given here.

I've watched several games at the Vig this year. Good food for the folks, Coldsmoke and Griz beer on tap, free popcorn and lots of screens. I think it caters to both sides, but not too loud.

MrMischief said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Well... no hotel room either. I'm actually in Hardin visiting my parents (in their 70s) who will both be going with me. They have appointments in Billings in the morning, so it just works out that I'll be there for game time. Neither of my parents watch sports of any kind but they're willing to try to get through this for me so the more comfortable they are the more likely I can stay for the entire game. Last Saturday right after I landed we went to Tiny's and I got lucky with the game being on. We stayed until about halftime and as soon as we got out my dad was complaining about how loud it was in there, if that's any indication of how my parents are (I thought it was fine).

I brought up Hooligans as a place to go, but one of their friends told them it's "very loud" so they're not wanting to go there. Instead, my parents are pulling very hard for "Fiddlers Green" but I don't trust their judgement for this sort of of thing. I can't find any info on Fiddlers Green online, is this a decent option? Is Hooligans going to be terribly loud for my elderly, non-sports, parents?

I should just try to steal one of their vehicles tomorrow and go scout locations for myself. The other option I'm thinking is send them off to do whatever they need to do and I'll uber to one of the recommendations given here.

Hooligans will be loud. If not for your folks it would be a good choice.

Best bet might be something like Applebys or some other place that is not a sports bar but will have TVs on. Anywhere you find that set up they will likely put the cat/Griz game on if it wasn't already playing. I've not been in Fiddlers Green, perhaps it would fit the bill.

MrMischief said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Damn, you're in a tight spot. Not for nothing, but I would guess every restaurant in the state with a TV would have the game on.

Fiddler's Green might be a good option; decent food options, and it shouldn't be terribly loud (at least compared to Hooligans).

Squire is a good bar to watch the game, but it will be very loud. Hooligans will also be loud (I'll be there...), and it will probably be packed for Cat/Griz.

Honestly, Shooters might not be a bad place, they weren't extremely busy last year for Cat/Griz.

hooligans will be too loud.....winners circle might be best bet and they will have free finger food there.....also i would check out the bar at the american family restaurant as it is brand new and may be just the ticket for your parents.

Go to American Family Restaurant. It’s near Fiddlers Green. Had huge tvs. Has reclining seats. It won’t be loud. It’s new so usually plenty of room. I guarantee your parents would enjoy it.

CDAGRIZ said:

Hahahaha! I just woke up the house laughing and snorting. Beautiful!

Latest posts

Back