• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Holy Stitt: Two Cats, One Cup...

Brother Bear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjlp43sEuUU

The Year was 2011, the Cats were #1 in the Country and hosting the Griz in bozeman...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19_N2Q_p_aE

I had actually never quite experienced the C-A-T-S hype before, well, maybe except for when this video came out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfRsHuu1vWs

There was a country concert in bozeman the night before the Brawl of the Wild in 2011... it was packed, mostly everyone was in bobcat gear and i had heard earlier all day in bozeman and at the concert how the cats were going to kick the Griz ass and win the National Championship that year. I was actually thinking then how big that particular game was going to be the next day. The tailgates the day of the game, the cats were hyped up and ready to go, the cat Fever pitch was at an all-time high, or at least that i had seen...

I think it was a defining moment, had the cats actually arrived? #1 in the Country... Would they be heading in a direction where they were going to beat the Griz somewhat regularly (and not by a narrow margin, but by a lot) and somehow start competing for national championships on a regular basis? I was actually a bit worried for the Griz that day. Did I become soft, had my cat buddies finally got through and brainwashed me into thinking the Changing of the Guard was going to occur in this State?

Then BAM.... the Griz came out and flat out manhandled them and blew them away. I couldn't believe what was happening, how hard the Griz were hitting and playing. The cat fans, #1 team in the nation... gave up... left early, barely recovered to win a home playoff game before an early playoff exit to Sam Houston State.

I honestly don't know if the cats have ever quite recovered from that. They did make the playoffs in 2012 barely winning a home playoff game before losing at home again the next round and then made it in 2014 only to lose at home again. They then got rid of their coach hired a new one and assembled the best Frontier Conference talent of coaches they could find...only to not make the playoffs, "but just wait until next year."

Mean while, they still haven't beaten the Griz in bozeman since 2005. That is another crazy streak that is currently ongoing. I can't imagine what Missoula would be like if they lost 5 consecutive Brawl matchups at home to MSU. bozeman fans are just used to it. In the land of the make believe (bozeman) I guess that is why they always claim "how good they will be next year". "Our Recruiting class is the best ever". "But we barely lost and this will make us better next year".

Fast forward from 2011 and i think 2017 is another defining moment in bozeman. This one is a bit different. Back then i thought it was a huge moment for the cats and their program, but this, i believe is a defining moment for the Griz and their program.

We all know what has happened in Missoula and our football program since 2011, UM finally went and hired a new coach to officially re-boot a new era. Head Coach Bob Stitt (people seem to either love or hate) is 1-1 against the cats. One playoff appearance in his first year, not one in his second year (which seemed very attainable, only had to win one of their last two games and started year 5-1). If the Griz win this Saturday, he will be 2-1 against the cats and in all likely hood playing a first round home game in Missoula. Making the playoffs 2 out of his first 3 years. Grizzlies just got the Champions Center completed, recruiting seems to be going really well, the Griz seem to be improving and have lots of upcoming talent and an amazing freshman QB.

With all the contract extension talk, which way the Griz should go... i honestly can't remember a time with a coach having that much pressure placed on him like that in this series, especially in just year 3 of a supposed re-build. A win for the Griz and everything can really get humming along (in my opinion) and a loss will have the Stitt detractors out in full force and Griz Nation feeling empty (would the fans be even more pissed than they were last year?) I could see the Griz going deep in the playoffs this year with a healthy QB and surprising a lot of people. That's why a potential loss this weekend would seem all the more perplexing.

Such a big game this year... can't wait. Raise your blue bobcat cup cat fans, try and lift your team to victory

FTC

Brother Bear said:
I could see the Griz going deep in the playoffs this year with a healthy QB and surprising a lot of people.
Really? With beating but one team with a winning record (barely), even if they win Saturday, what gives you that vision? You're indicating that you could see them beating NDSU in Fargo in the second round.

I was hoping the Griz would not be paired with NDSU in round 2. Ultimate would be San Diego at home in 1st round but a trip from a MSVC school seems more likely. I was hoping the winner of that game would go to Southern Utah (assuming they beat NAU and get a decent seed).

They played the schedule that was laid out in front of them. I think the Big Sky is way better than it is getting credit for this year. It's got some really good teams at the top and yes it is unfortunate that not all the teams play each other.

From a Playoff standpoint i think the Griz can present some match-up problems for a lot of schools and the Griz are improving as the season goes along. I'm not saying they are going to win the National Championship but i definitely could see them getting on a playoff run.

Brother Bear said:

The Year was 2011, the Cats were #1 in the Country and hosting the Griz in bozeman...

I had actually never quite experienced the C-A-T-S hype before, well, maybe except for when this video came out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfRsHuu1vWs

There was a country concert in bozeman the night before the Brawl of the Wild in 2011... it was packed, mostly everyone was in bobcat gear and i had heard earlier all day in bozeman and at the concert how the cats were going to kick the Griz ass and win the National Championship that year. I was actually thinking then how big that particular game was going to be the next day. The tailgates the day of the game, the cats were hyped up and ready to go, the cat Fever pitch was at an all-time high, or at least that i had seen...

I think it was a defining moment, had the cats actually arrived? #1 in the Country... Would they be heading in a direction where they were going to beat the Griz somewhat regularly (and not by a narrow margin, but by a lot) and somehow start competing for national championships on a regular basis? I was actually a bit worried for the Griz that day. Did I become soft, had my cat buddies finally got through and brainwashed me into thinking the Changing of the Guard was going to occur in this State?

Then BAM.... the Griz came out and flat out manhandled them and blew them away. I couldn't believe what was happening, how hard the Griz were hitting and playing. The cat fans, #1 team in the nation... gave up... left early, barely recovered to win a home playoff game before an early playoff exit to Sam Houston State.

I honestly don't know if the cats have ever quite recovered from that. They did make the playoffs in 2012 barely winning a home playoff game before losing at home again the next round and then made it in 2014 only to lose at home again. They then got rid of their coach hired a new one and assembled the best Frontier Conference talent of coaches they could find...only to not make the playoffs, "but just wait until next year."

Mean while, they still haven't beaten the Griz in bozeman since 2005. That is another crazy streak that is currently ongoing. I can't imagine what Missoula would be like if they lost 5 consecutive Brawl matchups at home to MSU. bozeman fans are just used to it. In the land of the make believe (bozeman) I guess that is why they always claim "how good they will be next year". "Our Recruiting class is the best ever". "But we barely lost and this will make us better next year".

Fast forward from 2011 and i think 2017 is another defining moment in bozeman. This one is a bit different. Back then i thought it was a huge moment for the cats and their program, but this, i believe is a defining moment for the Griz and their program.

We all know what has happened in Missoula and our football program since 2011, UM finally went and hired a new coach to officially re-boot a new era. Head Coach Bob Stitt (people seem to either love or hate) is 1-1 against the cats. One playoff appearance in his first year, not one in his second year (which seemed very attainable, only had to win one of their last two games and started year 5-1). If the Griz win this Saturday, he will be 2-1 against the cats and in all likely hood playing a first round home game in Missoula. Making the playoffs 2 out of his first 3 years. Grizzlies just got the Champions Center completed, recruiting seems to be going really well, the Griz seem to be improving and have lots of upcoming talent and an amazing freshman QB.

With all the contract extension talk, which way the Griz should go... i honestly can't remember a time with a coach having that much pressure placed on him like that in this series, especially in just year 3 of a supposed re-build. A win for the Griz and everything can really get humming along (in my opinion) and a loss will have the Stitt detractors out in full force and Griz Nation feeling empty (would the fans be even more pissed than they were last year?) I could see the Griz going deep in the playoffs this year with a healthy QB and surprising a lot of people. That's why a potential loss this weekend would seem all the more perplexing.

Such a big game this year... can't wait. Raise your blue bobcat cup cat fans, try and lift your team to victory

FTC

Cats were ranked #1 in the country prior to Griz/Cat that year? That seems awfully late in the season for them to be ranked anywhere near that high. Only polls I've ever heard of Cats being ranked high in are in the PRESEASON POLLS!.....and the "WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR" POLLS!

FTC!

kemajic said:
Brother Bear said:
I could see the Griz going deep in the playoffs this year with a healthy QB and surprising a lot of people.
Really? With beating but one team with a winning record (barely), even if they win Saturday, what gives you that vision? You're indicating that you could see them beating NDSU in Fargo in the second round.

This year's Griz schedule is really a big topic over in Bozeman. If they paid more attention to their own they might have won a couple more games. Theirs was probably tougher.....but at least they didn't have to play Chadron State again!

Go Griz!

Great moment in this series for sure. I’d also like to remind everyone this is the 20th anniversary of the 1997 game...I’d love to hear the cat fans on this board recall their mindset after that insane finish.

Brother Bear said:

FTC

I like everything that you did here. Dilly dilly!

The best part is the resurfacing of the CATS song and video. That is the worst shit show of a song and video ever imaginable. Whoever gave it the stamp of approval over in bozangeles had to be high on methamphetamine Seriously is there anything worse! Then the old great harvest and universal athletic business owners saying "No means no at our school"....solid move! Can't make this shit up

Brother Bear said:
I was hoping the Griz would not be paired with NDSU in round 2. Ultimate would be San Diego at home in 1st round but a trip from a MSVC school seems more likely. I was hoping the winner of that game would go to Southern Utah (assuming they beat NAU and get a decent seed).

They played the schedule that was laid out in front of them. I think the Big Sky is way better than it is getting credit for this year. It's got some really good teams at the top and yes it is unfortunate that not all the teams play each other.

From a Playoff standpoint i think the Griz can present some match-up problems for a lot of schools and the Griz are improving as the season goes along. I'm not saying they are going to win the National Championship but i definitely could see them getting on a playoff run.

I agree. But then, that’s probably not a surprise. :lol:

Mousegriz said:
kemajic said:
Brother Bear said:

This year's Griz schedule is really a big topic over in Bozeman. If they paid more attention to their own they might have won a couple more games. Theirs was probably tougher.....but at least they didn't have to play Chadron State again!

Go Griz!

The only thing tougher was their SDSU game. That’s it. Kennesaw St., like every team from that conference, will be shown to be a pretender.

kemajic said:
Brother Bear said:

This guy gets it, probably be run out of here now but he gets it.

CatsTruckGriz said:
kemajic said:
Brother Bear said:

:lol: Yeah. We’re going to run Kem out of here. You truly are a fucking moron.

AZGrizFan said:
CatsTruckGriz said:
kemajic said:
Brother Bear said:

:lol: Yeah. We’re going to run Kem out of here. You truly are a f***[*] moron.

Oh Kem can say what he wants here without getting browbeat? How is that different than other Griz fans who say the same thing and everybody gets a vagina full of sand? Serious question.

CatsTruckGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
CatsTruckGriz said:
kemajic said:

Oh Kem can say what he wants here without getting browbeat? How is that different than other Griz fans who say the same thing and everybody gets a vagina full of sand? Serious question.

Because Kem is a former player who’s been around here a long time and has had thousands of good takes on issues involving Griz football. You’re a fucking interloper who’s had a dozen screen names and keeps getting banned.

Surely even a simpleton like yourself can see the difference?

AZGrizFan said:
CatsTruckGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
CatsTruckGriz said:

Because Kem is a former player who’s been around here a long time and has had thousands of good takes on issues involving Griz football. You’re a f***[*] interloper who’s had a dozen screen names and keeps getting banned.

Do "good takes" always have to be positive Griz takes? I think some of my takes are pretty much spot on, even if you don't like them. I've only had one screen name though...you guys seem hung up on that.

CatsTruckGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
CatsTruckGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Because Kem is a former player who’s been around here a long time and has had thousands of good takes on issues involving Griz football. You’re a f***[*] interloper who’s had a dozen screen names and keeps getting banned.

Do "good takes" always have to be positive Griz takes? I think some of my takes are pretty much spot on, even if you don't like them. I've only had one screen name though...you guys seem hung up on that.

Kem and I rarely agree. That doesn’t make his takes bad or wrong. Hilarious that YOU think your takes are “pretty much spot on”. You’re the punch line of a joke, and you haven’t posted under THIS screen name 20 times. Congrats. And you will never convince anyone on here that you aren’t Growler. Might as well just go away now.

CatsTruckGriz said:

94a.jpg

AZGrizFan said:
CatsTruckGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
CatsTruckGriz said:

Kem and I rarely agree. That doesn’t make his takes bad or wrong. Hilarious that YOU think your takes are “pretty much spot on”. You’re the punch line of a joke, and you haven’t posted under THIS screen name 20 times. Congrats. And you will never convince anyone on here that you aren’t Growler. Might as well just go away now.

Funny, I tend to agree with what Kem says most of the time, as well as a few others. And there's really only a couple people on here that I have to convince I'm not Growler, but they already know.

CatsTruckGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
CatsTruckGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Funny, I tend to agree with what Kem says most of the time, as well as a few others. And there's really only a couple people on here that I have to convince I'm not Growler, but they already know.

Then you can agree that Steve Dill (Growler) is a complete idiot?

CDAGRIZ said:
CatsTruckGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
CatsTruckGriz said:

Then you can agree that Steve Dill (Growler) is a complete idiot?

I don't know, I've never met the guy, only see references on here about him like pedestrian and sugar and such. Was he that whitebearwhatever? Didn't seem that hostile to me but I never read all his posts.

Back