• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS Top 35 Week 12

Paytonlives

Staff member
FCS Week 12 Top 35- Finals
#1 James Madison (11-0) Beat @ #11 Elon (8-3) 31-3
#2 Jacksonville State (10-1) Beat Tennessee St (6-5) 36-6
#3 Central Arkansas (10-1) Beat Abilene Christian (2-9) 34-0
#4 North Dakota State (10-1) Beat #21 Illinois State (6-5) 20-7
#5 Sam Houston State (10-1) Beat Houston Baptist (1-9) 53-33
#6 South Dakota State (9-2) Beat #15 South Dakota (7-4) 31-28
#7 Wofford (9-2) Lost to (FBS) S. Carolina (8-3) 31-10
#8 North Carolina A&T (11-0) Beat #34 North Carolina Central (7-4) 24-10
#9 Western Illinois (8-3) Beat Southern Illinois (5-6) 28-14
#10 Stony Brook (9-2) Beat Maine (4-5) 20-19
#11 Elon (8-3) Lost vs. #1 James Madison (11-0) 31-3
#12 Weber State (9-2) Beat Idaho State (4-7) 35-7
#13 Grambling (9-1) OFF
#14 Southern Utah (9-2) Beat #23 NAU (7-4) 48-20
#15 South Dakota (7-4) Lost #6 South Dakota St (9-2) 31-28
#16 New Hampshire (7-4) Lost to Albany (4-6) 15-0
#17 Samford (8-3) Beat #20 Furman (7-4) 26-20
#18 Eastern Washington (7-4) Beat PSU (0-11) 59-33
#19 McNeese St. (9-2) Beat Lamar (1-10) 13-3
#20 Furman (7-4) Lost #17 Samford (8-3) 26-20
#21 Illinois State (6-5) Lost to #4 North Dakota State (10-1) 20-7
#22 Kennesaw State (10-1) Beat #26 Monmouth (9-2) 52-21
#23 N. Arizona (7-4) Lost @ #14 S. Utah (9-2) 48-20
#24 N. Iowa (7-4) Beat Indiana State (0-11) 41-3
#25 Nicholls St. (8-3) Lost to SE Louisiana (6-5) 21-17
#26 Monmouth (9-2) Lost at #22 Kennesaw State (10-1) 52-21
#27 Delaware (7-4) Lost to Villanova (5-6) 28-7
#28 Montana (7-4) Lost @ msu (5-6) 31-23
#29 Yale (9-1) Beat Harvard (5-4) 24-3
#30 Richmond (6-5) Beat William & Mary (2-8) 27-20
#31 Western Carolina (7-5) Lost (FBS) N. Carolina (3-8) 65-10
#32 Austin Peay (7-4) Beat Eastern Illinois (6-5) 28-13
#33 Columbia (8-2) Beat Brown (2-8) 24-6
#34 North Carolina Central (7-4) Lost #8 North Carolina A&T (11-0) 24-10
#35 Sacramento State (7-4) Beat UC Davis (5-6) 52-47

AZDoc said:
There’s some possible help in there...

Lots of options...and only need a couple to go our way (once we smack down the Kitties) to ENSURE our entry into the playoffs...

AZGrizFan said:
AZDoc said:

Lots of options...and only need a couple to go our way (once we smack down the Kitties) to ENSURE our entry into the playoffs...

Need to root for SUU. Dropping NAU to 6-4 and a win over the Cats would help our cause of being at the upper half of the conference.

putter said:
AZGrizFan said:
AZDoc said:

Need to root for SUU. Dropping NAU to 6-4 and a win over the Cats would help our cause of being at the upper half of the conference.

I was thinking the same.

BozAngelesGriz said:
Damn Youngstown has had a precipitous fall after going to the natty last year

No doubt. October wasn't their month.
SD L 28-31
NDSU L 24-27 OT
UNI L 14-19
Illi St L 0-35

Looks like they had some horrible luck after beating SDSU and then fell apart. Lol glad we didnt have to run that gauntlet.

These are the Key games for UM fans to scoreboard watch

-#23 NAU 7-3 at #14 S. Utah 8-2
"An NAU win puts S Utah and NAU at 8-3. A SUU win knocks NAU out... SUU is probably in either way so...Go turd birds."

-#27 Delaware 7-3 at Villanova 4-6
"Delaware needs a win... Nova is better then 4-6 team and at home, to be safe go Nova"

-#16 New Hampshire 7-3 at Albany 3-7
"Albany has played most teams tuff.. might they finally break through at home"

-#15 S. Dakota 7-3 vs. #6 SD State 8-2
"Gotta be a SD State fan in this one"

-#9 W. Illinois 7-3 vs. S. Illinois 4-6
"S Ill. is capable of winning this one... doubt it but go SUI!"

-#21 Illinois St. 6-4 vs. #4 ND State 9-1
"If Ill St goes into Fargo and wins it would put them very much in line for a playoff bid... Go Bison"

-#24 N. Iowa 6-4 vs. Indiana St 0-10
"Not a chance in hell Ind St. wins this one, but stranger things have happened"

-#17 Samford 7-3 vs. #21 Furman 7-3
"One of these teams will be 8-3 the other will be 7-4. Samford is more highly thought of so Go Samford"

-#26 Monmouth 9-1 at #22 Kennesaw St.9-1
"One will get the auto bid... one will be 9-2 Monmouth higher ranked but if the Griz hammer msu it would look good when comparing UM and Kennesaw St."

-#32 Austin-Paey 7-4 vs. E Illinois 6-4
"Don't think either is in but to be safe a E. Ill win would be great"

-#25 Nicholls St. (8-2) @ SE Louisiana (5-5)
You would think even at 8-3 Nichols is in... think again. They have 8 wins... 7 vs teams that are a combined 15-42! #5 Sam Houston killed them 66-17 and they don't play #3 Central Ark. The only win that is quality is a 2 point win vs #19 McNeese at home. So yes if the lose they might be staying home at 8-3 for the playoffs.

-#8 North Carolina A&T 10-0 vs. #34 NC Central 7-3
"Griz fans need to pull hard for NC A&T! A NC Central win puts them in the "Celebration Bowl" and I bet the committee would catch hell if a 10-1 team does not make the playoffs So Root for A&T!!!"

Dream Upsets that would help UM a lot
#18 Eastern Washington (6-4) vs. PSU (0-10) 4:05PM
#19 McNeese St. (8-2) @ Lamar (1-9) 5PM

So is there a possibility that Montana beats MSU and still doesn't make it to the Playoffs?
Even with an 8-3 record?

IdahoGrizFan said:
So is there a possibility that Montana beats MSU and still doesn't make it to the Playoffs?
Even with an 8-3 record?

I think there is a possibility that we dont make it but feel that most likely we would make it. I feel like we will have earned it with a win this weekend. Others, including the playoff committee could feel differently

floridagriz15 said:
BozAngelesGriz said:
Damn Youngstown has had a precipitous fall after going to the natty last year

No doubt. October wasn't their month.
SD L 28-31
NDSU L 24-27 OT
UNI L 14-19
Illi St L 0-35

Looks like they had some horrible luck after beating SDSU and then fell apart. Lol glad we didnt have to run that gauntlet.

Looks like they threw in the towel after UNI. That doesn’t bode well for Pellini.

IdahoGrizFan said:
Even with an 8-3 record?

Gee. i wonder why that question hasn’t been asked on this board before?

cmtgrizzly said:
IdahoGrizFan said:
Even with an 8-3 record?

I think there is a possibility that we dont make it but feel that most likely we would make it. I feel like we will have earned it with a win this weekend. Others, including the playoff committee could feel differently

The main reason I ask is that we are not moving up in the polls very quickly. What did we do this week move from 29th to 27th. That has me worried a bit. 2 of our loses came to top 25 teams and another team who was ranked in the top 10 with the big boys.

IdahoGrizFan, The polls are essentially worthless. The voters aren't pouring over data or carefully studying each game summary. It is much more casual than that. It works about like this;

A. At the start of the season teams are ranked based upon past performance.
B. As ranked teams lose during the season the teams below them slowly move up filling any void.
C. If you're not ranked to begin the year it is hard to crack the poll without a huge upset, or an unbroken string of wins as the season progresses.

The Grizzlies didn't get any love in the initial poll. So all along they've been outside looking in.
The Griz haven't had a huge upset win as there were none to be had (except UDub).
Then they lost any poll 'momentum' they had losing week 4 (EWU) & again four games later (Weber).

If these Griz (with the same schedule & same record) had been ranked #15 at the start of the year they'd still be in the top 20. Unfortunately they weren't ranked at all so they're just outside the top 25 lost in limbo. If they get into the playoffs this year, and advance a game or two, in 2018 they will start the year ranked in the top 10 to 20.

That is about how the polls work. Not a scientific system but don't lose any sleep over it. It is out of our hands and it is what it is.

But it’s not out of the griz’s hands, at least not entirely. I’m sick of hearing that. They can control it by winning. If we took care of business last cat/Griz, we’re probably better off this year, just like you explained, as we likely would have started the year ranked. Now we are on the cusp of repeating that complete failure again and starting in another hole next year but people are willing to extend prior to the game. Think about that for a sec: even if we win this week, we could still be left out somewhat because of the meltdown last year. It cannot happen again or we will continue to struggle to claw our way out of the hole

cmtgrizzly said:
IdahoGrizFan said:
Even with an 8-3 record?

Love your attitude here. Any way we could have you crash the selection get together next Sunday? I think our only chance is to take the “Chicago” road, voting early and often.

bgbigdog said:
cmtgrizzly said:
IdahoGrizFan said:
Even with an 8-3 record?

Love your attitude here. Any way we could have you crash the selection get together next Sunday? I think our only chance is to take the “Chicago” road, voting early and often.

Are you driving? :D i think we need someone with more conviction and certainty that we will get in. Maybe HHB? Just kidding. AZ has been a strong advocate I think he would fit the bill and would reperesent us admirably

Latest posts

Back