• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

It's official!

grizpsych

We have an attendance problem. I never thought I would see a half filled stadium two weeks in a row. :eek:

But why? The great sports franchises pro and college are great franchises because their fan base doesn't give up on them. You'll find the Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, USC, Michigan football, etc with occasional mediocre seasons (or more than occasional for the Cowboys) but the fan base stays almost irrationally energized.

Is there something I'm missing? Hunting season...?

Griz Man said:
But why? The great sports franchises pro and college are great franchises because their fan base doesn't give up on them. You'll find the Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, USC, Michigan football, etc with occasional mediocre seasons (or more than occasional for the Cowboys) but the fan base stays almost irrationally energized.

Every Cowboy/Yankee season is mediocre.

grizpsych said:
Griz Man said:

Every Cowboy season is mediocre.

Pretty much, dammit!

Griz Man said:

Well you kind of answered your own question. "The great sport franchises" was your phrase you used. You're just not a great sport franchise......I mean come on, that was too easy. Give me something harder.

That's was she said.....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It is because the people who have had season tix since 1986 are now too old to make the games and younger generations could care less about football in Missoula. Fanbase on other side of the state has a much younger crowd. Just my two cents.

bigtyme said:
It is because the people who have had season tix since 1986 are now too old to make the games and younger generations could care less about football in Missoula. Fanbase on other side of the state has a much younger crowd. Just my two cents.

Probably some of this. My parents have had 11 season tickets since 1993. But, they try to sell them for equal or lesser value if they can't use them. My grandfather died last year and one of these tickets was his.

bigtyme said:

Makes sense. Younger crowd that accepts participation trophies as moral victories. Perfect match.

I think too many casual fans take a look at eGriz and assume we're terrible and decide not to show up.

bigtyme said:

Yep. Agreed 100%. Need more support and school spirit with younger generation. Too bad so many in Missoula continue to have such a negative relationship with Griz athletics.

There is very little pride in the current students when it comes to being supporters of the Griz football team, hell, even the University. Hopefully we start to see more student support with new administration!

grizpsych said:
We have an attendance problem. I never thought I would see a half filled stadium two weeks in a row. :eek:

The "Fire Stitt" crowd is protesting.....because he aint going to be fired. And he aint leaving either, especially if the UM offers him a multi-year contract.

Back