• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Next Coach Fired?

IdaGriz01

This is not FCS, but there has always been a lot of interest on here in Nebraska football. So I'm wondering: If the Huskers don't pull a big comeback in their game against Minnesota, is the coach gone?

Nebraska really sucks and is currently getting stomped 20-7, early in the 2nd quarter. On their previous drive, they had 4th and inches inside the Minnesota 6 yard line. Instead of having big QB sneak it, they tried a tailback dive ... and got stuffed (badly). I suspect it only gets worse from here.

Mike Riley’s days as the Nebraska coach are indeed numbered. He has had a few good years at OSU, but he is not an innovator and doesn’t recruit well. It’s been his downfall. I hope he retires from coaching all together.

Never should have been hired. His offensive scheme is a damn joke. Really shocking that it put up points in the pac12 where there are no defenses, but is total shit against the big10 where defense is prized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe I should relax and let him have 15 years to get “his guys” in place.

dupuyer griz said:
I think you can safely relax. Down 16 at half ... if that "trend" continues and they lose by 20-30 points (with no chance to get bowl-eligible), I'd guess the announcement comes tomorrow.

IdaGriz01 said:
dupuyer griz said:
I think you can safely relax. Down 16 at half ... if that "trend" continues and they lose by 20-30 points (with no chance to get bowl-eligible), I'd guess the announcement comes tomorrow.
I’ll bet a a delicious cold beverage that they hire someone totally unqualified even if the opportunity presents itself to dip into the piggy bank and hire a top tier coach. And don’t worry about fairness on deciding the outcome, I’ll be extra verbal in my distaste.

I would think Bill Moos would look at a guy like Scott Frost was at Oregon and played at Nebraska And is doing well at Central Florida.

Chip Kelly is real high on the wish list of a lot of schools with big traditions that will be looking for new coaches this off season.

alabamagrizzly said:
Chip Kelly is real high on the wish list of a lot of schools with big traditions that will be looking for new coaches this off season.
Kill me now.

dupuyer griz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Kill me now.

It sounds like if he's going outside the PAC12, Tennessees the only place he'd choose.

alabamagrizzly said:
dupuyer griz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Kill me now.

It sounds like if he's going outside the PAC12, Tennessees the only place he'd choose.

God I hate this Chip Kelly thing.

Scott Frost seems logical, but a name I haven't heard at all is Les Miles. Not saying he would fit at Nebraska necessarily, but you would think someone would be interested...

dirtysoup said:
Scott Frost seems logical, but a name I haven't heard at all is Les Miles. Not saying he would fit at Nebraska necessarily, but you would think someone would be interested...

In no particular order, the names I hear most are Frost, Kelly, Miles, Campbell (Iowa State HC), and Ken Niumatalolo (Navy HC). The Husker fans are really split on Kelly.

mtgrizrule said:
dirtysoup said:

In no particular order, the names I hear most are Frost, Kelly, Miles, Campbell (Iowa State HC), and Ken Niumatalolo (Navy HC). The Husker fans are really split on Kelly.

My guess is Kelly lands in UCLA and Campbell goes to Tennessee. I think Les would be a good interesting fit for Nebraska.

mtgrizrule said:
dirtysoup said:

Husker fan here and Kelly can take his bullshit offense and piss up a rope.

Back