• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Just Reported In Spokane

grizfnz

DONOR
http://www.khq.com/story/36664181/university-of-montana-football-player-arrested-for-allegedly-beating-wsu-student

https://dailyevergreen.com/19584/sports/university-of-montana-football-player-arrested-for-allegedly-beating-wsu-student/

well, that's not good, no matter how it all gets worked out.....like yogi said, stay busy,,,,the team must have gotten their game strength back from the bye week.....geez......Pullman ?

I may be mistaken, but released without bond after court with no charges seems kinda like a, "I don't want to see you back here, young man."

From Googling second degree assault in WA. Didn't the linked article say he was arrested for second degree assault? No charges yet, tho.

9A.36.021 - Assault in the Second Degree. (2)(a) Except as provided in (b) of this subsection, assault in the second degree is a class B felony. (b) Assault in the second degree with a finding of sexual motivation under RCW 9.94A.835 or 13.40.135 is a class A felony.

(1) A person is guilty of assault in the second degree when: (a) He intentionally causes serious physical injury to another person; or (b) He intentionally causes physical injury to another person by means of a deadly weapon or a dangerous instrument; or (c) He wantonly causes serious physical injury to another person ...

The latest news said Strong was with 3 other people, and claimed he was acting in self defense. Evidently he does have some wounds on his head which backs up his claim. The person he allegedly beat up is in a Spokane Hospital.

He will play I'm betting. He hasn't been charged and sounds like maybe self-defense. Obviously, the county attorney is doing his due diligence in reviewing the case but he would have been charged today if it was straight forward. Of course doesn't help when media hype it then elected county attorneys start to get itchy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PR can you recap protocol in these cases. Arrested and booked, but no charges as per investigation.
Student and athlete ethic violation are based on arrest or court charges?

Seems like watching Weber film over the weekend would have been more appropriate than a road trip to Pullman. Will be interesting to see Stitt's take on this.

Hate to see news like this, even if it’s in self defense. For those wondering if he’ll play... that’s technically out of the coaches hands isn’t it?

He just got his cast taken off and now he's fighting. Even if it was "self-defense", he needs to be smarter. Guessing if he doesn't get charged, he will probably get suspended a game or two.

And damn I have a love/hate relationship with bye weeks.

BWahlberg said:
Hate to see news like this, even if it’s in self defense. For those wondering if he’ll play... that’s technically out of the coaches hands isn’t it?

I have no idea. but you would think by now we would know the student athlete code by heart This news just sucks.

Back