• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

poly vs wsu

Mavman

17-3 seemed like a low score. Did anyone watch the game that can tell us how Weber looked and how the game went? I see the Weber qb rushed 11 times for 54 yds and a two point conv, so he must be healthy. I Also read that the WSU defense shut down the poly rushing attack.
Anything we can take away from this game ??

It makes me pretty nervous that they could hold Poly to 3 points. Even our great defenses of the past struggled against Poly.

mtgriz said:
It makes me pretty nervous that they could hold Poly to 3 points. Even our great defenses of the past struggled against Poly.

Cal Poly's offense is a shell of what it used to be. Their fans have lost all faith in the OC. Lot's of unrest.

mtgriz said:

Poly is not the same team this year. Without Dano Graves they were one dimensional, give it to Protheroe. Then he went down. Their offense is garbage right now.

Mavman said:
17-3 seemed like a low score. Did anyone watch the game that can tell us how Weber looked and how the game went? I see the Weber qb rushed 11 times for 54 yds and a two point conv, so he must be healthy. I Also read that the WSU defense shut down the poly rushing attack.

Yep, Griz don't play Poly so I don't care how someone else took care of that offense! :lol:

AZDoc said:
Mavman said:

Yep, Griz don't play Poly so I don't care how someone else took care of that offense! :lol:

I am glad we don't play Poly this year. If we did, we would be the 1st win for them....

1. In addition to Protheroe, they seem to have lost QB Jenkins; the replacement threw 3 picks against Weber
2. Good DC's have figured out their option O
3. Weber will not be easy

AZDoc said:
Mavman said:

We do play that "someone else" this week and this illustrates that their D is pretty good. Care.

kemajic said:
AZDoc said:
Mavman said:

We do play that "someone else" this week and this illustrates that their D is pretty good. Care.

Seriously...why are you such a dick?

AZDoc said:
kemajic said:
AZDoc said:
Mavman said:

My, we butthurt easily today.

Mavman said:

Weber State had 3 early turnovers, two fumbles lost and a bad decision throw for pick. Weber also missed their first Field goal of the year going 1-2 in the game. Weber also went for 2 on both touchdowns and only got one. On two of the turnovers Weber was driving. Despite winning by only 14, Weber probably should have won by around 31-3, turnovers hurt, and once Weber got up two scores they played a lot more conservative offensively. Weber's front 7 owned Cal Poly' line and the Mustangs a hard time getting anything going. Cal Poly started offensive possessions inside Weber territory 6 times and only came away with 3 points.

I do have to give Poly's D some credit, they played tough and did hold SUU to only 20 in Cedar City in their previous game.

WILDCATFAN said:
Mavman said:
Weber State had 3 early turnovers, two fumbles lost and a bad decision throw for pick. Weber also missed their first Field goal of the year going 1-2 in the game. Weber also went for 2 on both touchdowns and only got one. On two of the turnovers Weber was driving. Despite winning by only 14, Weber probably should have won by around 31-3, turnovers hurt, and once Weber got up two scores they played a lot more conservative offensively. Weber's front 7 owned Cal Poly' line and the Mustangs a hard time getting anything going. Cal Poly started offensive possessions inside Weber territory 6 times and only came away with 3 points.

I do have to give Poly's D some credit, they played tough and did hold SUU to only 20 in Cedar City in their previous game.
The three picks by the CPSLO QB could not have helped their D.

kemajic said:
AZDoc said:
kemajic said:
AZDoc said:
My, we butthurt easily today.

Yes, sorry. I apologize for my outburst. I made a tongue in cheek comment, because I know Weebs has the best defense in the conference. I didn't expect that kind of answer, and jumped on you. Sorry Kem.

kemajic said:
WILDCATFAN said:
Mavman said:
Weber State had 3 early turnovers, two fumbles lost and a bad decision throw for pick. Weber also missed their first Field goal of the year going 1-2 in the game. Weber also went for 2 on both touchdowns and only got one. On two of the turnovers Weber was driving. Despite winning by only 14, Weber probably should have won by around 31-3, turnovers hurt, and once Weber got up two scores they played a lot more conservative offensively. Weber's front 7 owned Cal Poly' line and the Mustangs had a hard time getting anything going. Cal Poly started offensive possessions inside Weber territory 6 times and only came away with 3 points.

Two of the picks came in the last few minutes of the game when Weber was already up 17-3. One was intercepted in the endzone and one was returned to the Poly 20, where Weber ran out the clock. Poly's greatest strength was pinning Weber deep in their own territory. Weber Started like 6 of their drives deep in their own territory, only twice was Weber able to get out of their own end when that happened, both led to touchdowns. It was clear to me that once Weber got up 17-3 that Weber knew they had the game and took their foot off the gas.

Watched game CP defense was great. CP offense was less than aughful. QB was too slow and couldn’t throw a catchable ball to wide open receivers. CP could not pick up any yards on middle FB run they were forced to go side to side (very good Weber DE play) game over at halftime. Three and outs for CP all second half. Weber should have won by 40.

Cal Poly has only scored more than 20 points twice this season (38 against Northern Iowa and 34 against Idaho State). Their other points totals this season are:

Colgate: 14
San Jose State: 13
Northern Arizona: 10
Southern Utah: 14
Weber State: 3

Clearly, their offense has struggled in Big Sky competition this year. However, they have also played three of the top conference defenses, so it is difficult to take anything away from the score transitive to Weber State.

WILDCATFAN said:
Mavman said:

Yeah, just think...if every team could play mistake-free football they'd win every game. It's called football. shit happens. To say "shoulda coulda woulda" is just dumb.

kemajic said:
WILDCATFAN said:
Mavman said:

No, that was just good hard nosed Weber football...only WEBER'S turnovers were self-inflicted and resulted in them not running up the score.... :lol:

Diesel said:
Watched game CP defense was great. CP offense was less than aughful. QB was too slow and couldn’t throw a catchable ball to wide open receivers. CP could not pick up any yards on middle FB run they were forced to go side to side (very good Weber DE play) game over at halftime. Three and outs for CP all second half. Weber should have won by 40.
Backup QB; Jenkins must be hurt; hasn't played the last two games.

Back