• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

ROOT Sports issue

1976griz

DONOR
Last week the Montana/North Dakota game was broadcast by Root Sports. However, in Denver and Las Vegas where I had family members who have purchased sports packages including Root Sports for the sole purpose of watching Griz games, the game was NOT shown until the UNLV/Air Force game was over, ie. 430 PM.

So, does anyone know if this will be probable for the three games left on the schedule? Also, on the Big Sky schedule that indicates where to find the games, it lists Root Sports/Audience Network. Is Audience Network some kind of offshoot?

Just trying to get a handle on this before game time and my phone lights up with family having problems that I am supposed to be able to fix.

Probably. Denver and Las Vegas have a different regional flavor of Root Sports and the programming can vary.

I believe Audience is a DirectTV catchall type channel. Don't really know much about it personally though.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Probably. Denver and Las Vegas have a different regional flavor of Root Sports and the programming can vary.

I believe Audience is a DirectTV catchall type channel. Don't really know much about it personally though.

Audience is Direct TV channel 500. It air the Root feed of the games. Last week while the West Coast had the UNLV game on ROOT Audience had the Griz

RayWill said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Audience is Direct TV channel 500. It air the Root feed of the games. Last week while the West Coast had the UNLV game on ROOT Audience had the Griz

Audience, Root and DirecTv are all owned by AT&T. I have seen several Big Sky games on Audience.

Any big sky game that is on Root will be on Audience. I am not as big of a Big Sky fan as others here, but of the games I have watched on Audience I have not had a problem with them cutting off the game.

I watch Audience through a free trial of DirecTV Now.

MrMischief said:
Any big sky game that is on Root will be on Audience. I am not as big of a Big Sky fan as others here, but of the games I have watched on Audience I have not had a problem with them cutting off the game.

I watch Audience through a free trial of DirecTV Now.

I don't have Root sports because I'm a cheapass, but have had Audience since I've had directv. Haven't missed a Griz game on Root for a few years because of it. It would run at the regular time I'd guess if there were Root conflicts. I think Audience HD is maybe 71? used to be 100, then 101. Get to one of those areas if there is ever a root conflict on DirecTV

1976griz said:
Last week the Montana/North Dakota game was broadcast by Root Sports. However, in Denver and Las Vegas where I had family members who have purchased sports packages including Root Sports for the sole purpose of watching Griz games, the game was NOT shown until the UNLV/Air Force game was over, ie. 430 PM.

So, does anyone know if this will be probable for the three games left on the schedule? Also, on the Big Sky schedule that indicates where to find the games, it lists Root Sports/Audience Network. Is Audience Network some kind of offshoot?

Just trying to get a handle on this before game time and my phone lights up with family having problems that I am supposed to be able to fix.
I have DISH and get the sports pack, because ROOT NW shows the game on time and then ROOT Rocky MT (ATT sports) shows a delay or not at all.

I'm not even sure what channel ROOTS is on Directv. I watch all the Griz Roots broadcast games on Audience and I've had no problems. Audience is on the following Directv channels: 101, 239, 334 and 500.

GO GRIZ!!!!

UofMGrizFan said:
I'm not even sure what channel ROOTS is on Directv. I watch all the Griz Roots broadcast games on Audience and I've had no problems. Audience is on the following Directv channels: 101, 239, 334 and 500.

GO GRIZ!!!!
There are quite a few ROOTS channels on DirecTV. We get (I think) at least NW (Northwest), RM (Rocky Mountain), AZ and SW (Southwest). Trouble is, it's hard to predict which game(s) might be blacked out on which channel(s). Lots of times, we won't know until game time. Frustrating!

Back