• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Weber State Gameday

59106Griz

Anyone ever been to a Weber State football game before in Ogden? My dad and I will be arriving in Ogden on Friday afternoon and are wondering if there are any bars or restaurants to check out? On game day is there any tailgating? Will there be a GSA tailgate? Any info is appreciated!

Titleist, BW, and I will be there as well. I'm not sure there is enough booze in Ogden for Mr. T.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

59106Griz said:
Anyone ever been to a Weber State football game before in Ogden? My dad and I will be arriving in Ogden on Friday afternoon and are wondering if there are any bars or restaurants to check out? On game day is there any tailgating? Will there be a GSA tailgate? Any info is appreciated!

If yu ever go to SLC, be sure to check out Gracie’s and/or the Beerhive pub a couple blocks south is temple square.

They have Big Sky Moose Drool bottles last I checked.

Best place to party close to Salt Lake City is Las Vegas! "Never let a mormon set yer buzz level, they're just guessing and they're shitty guessers." Ron White

I sometimes have a vegetarian in tow, so last time there, we stopped @ Roosters on 25th. She was happy, I had the fish tacos - worked out well. She took a couple of colleagues out for dinner on a night where I was out in the hinterlands fishing & went to Tona. Japanese food - they were all happy.

The 25th street neighborhood in general isn’t too bad, you can find most anything you want nearby. I said most anything, remember, you’re in Utah.

Last time we went to a game in Ogden it was raining heavily. We couldn't even find a cup of coffee in the stadium. SLC is close. Don't even bother with Ogden.

My first post....thinking about going to Ogden...where is the Griz section in the stadium....would like to avoid hostile territory and have seatmates for high fives....

BleacherCreature said:
If you like good Chinese food, Mandarin restaurant in Bountiful (between SLC and Ogden) is some of the best I've ever eaten.

Also Red Iguana for Mexican, and Rodizio Brazilian grill is a chain, but you can eat your weight in every kind of delicious meat for <$25.

I have been to a few games there. Prepare to be unimpressed... Here are my observations over the years:

1. Tailgating. Make your own fun. And bring your own. And put it into a cup, rather than a beer can or bottle. Prepare to be stared at you heathen.... Remember, you are in Utah.

2. They will not let you go out at half-time and re-enter. And they enforce this strictly.

3. No sense trying to get into the stadium early. THey open the gates about an hour ahead of time. That usually includes the will call window and ticket office. The Will Call is located in between 2 little ticket offices. It is pretty hard to find the first time.

4. Crowds are not big. What crowd they do get arrives in the 30 minutes before the game. However, they may have a better crowd for this game. Dress warmer than you think you will need. It gets pretty cold when the sun goes down.

5. We usually stay on Washington Ave. in Ogden. There are several hotels there. Quite a few good restaurants in the area. There are some decent bars on Washington. The best I have found are on 24th Street. There is actually a Griz fan that bartends at Brewsters.

GO GRIZ!!!

59106Griz said:
My dad and I will be arriving in Ogden on Friday afternoon and are wondering if there are any bars or restaurants to check out?

Eh... Northern X-posure? :twisted:

....but no, not really

I am hearing that the GSA does not set up a tent for the Weber games because the laws on drinking there are so restrictive?
Any way, does the Griz crowd meet anywhere particular on Game Day to tailgate?

Go Griz!

At the games we attended most Griz fans hang out in the parking lot directly north of the stadium. I don't believe that GSA sponsors a tailgate party a Weber games.

grizpack said:
I have been to a few games there. Prepare to be unimpressed... Here are my observations over the years:

1. Tailgating. Make your own fun. And bring your own. And put it into a cup, rather than a beer can or bottle. Prepare to be stared at you heathen.... Remember, you are in Utah.

2. They will not let you go out at half-time and re-enter. And they enforce this strictly.

3. No sense trying to get into the stadium early. THey open the gates about an hour ahead of time. That usually includes the will call window and ticket office. The Will Call is located in between 2 little ticket offices. It is pretty hard to find the first time.

4. Crowds are not big. What crowd they do get arrives in the 30 minutes before the game. However, they may have a better crowd for this game. Dress warmer than you think you will need. It gets pretty cold when the sun goes down.

5. We usually stay on Washington Ave. in Ogden. There are several hotels there. Quite a few good restaurants in the area. There are some decent bars on Washington. The best I have found are on 24th Street. There is actually a Griz fan that bartends at Brewsters.

GO GRIZ!!!

I went to a game about 20 years ago. The stadium is in a scenic setting, but it reminded me of a high school field. Probably some updates since then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

...the griz crowd not returning 3rd quarter......
...pays long dividends for the game at weber...
...morgue atsmosphere that is weber football...

... :lame: ...

Game day forecast is for 63 and sunny. For those making the trip, it looks like perfect October football weather!

Gracie's in SLC is the bar that plays the MT vs MSU game, it is 21+ but has THE BEST FOOD. I recommend the Poutine, but really everything is good. My fam and I are coming to the game from South of SLC, and we CAN NOT WAIT to finally get to a Griz game this year. We want to tailgate- so lets all make that happen!

Back