• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky Champ

Which team(s) will win the Big Sky Crown?

• Weber

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Montana

Votes: 40 54.8%
  • Sac State

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Southern Utah

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • Eastern Washington

Votes: 31 42.5%
  • Northern Arizona

Votes: 28 38.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DrainBramage

Now that we are at the end of October, with just four weekends left in conference play, we have six teams with one or fewer Big Sky losses. Which team or teams will get a share of the
Championship?

Team - Schedule
NAU – Sac, UM, MSU, SUU - undefeated in league
EWU – Bye, Weber, UND, PSU - Loss to SUU
Sac – NAU, UNC, Poly, UCD - Loss to EWU
UM – Weber, NAU, UNC, MSU - Loss to EWU
SUU – UNC, UND, UCD, NAU - Loss to Sac
Weber – UM, EWU, PSU, ISU - Loss to SUU

with the remaining schedule left in the Big Sky conference, my assumption is:
SUU and EW have the advantage.......then NAU and UM even though NAU has the tougher schedule left they still have a loss to give unlike everyone else........

all 4 of these teams have a shot......a 1 loss in conference play, that team or teams will win the
BSC and make it to the playoffs. even Weber is 5-2 with 1 conference loss to date, however, they still have to play Montana (5-2 with 1 loss in conference) and EWU (5-3 with 1 conference loss). I do not see them getting by both of these teams.

so in conclusion........
if NAU is for real they could win out and be the champs, but they would need to get by Sac St.,
the Griz and SUU. Even if they get by the first 2 and lost to SUU, they would share the title with them.

SUU has the best chance at winning or sharing as the BSC champs, their biggest challenge comes with NAU their last game of the season.....i can see them winning this game playing like they did today.

EWU only has 3 games left not 4 like everybody else and Weber is their biggest game and it is at home. so I can see EWU and SUU sharing the title with 1 conference loss with both teams winning out.

UM has the most to lose with their upcoming schedule because they will have to play Weber, before they fall out of the race, which will take a lot out of the Griz and then battle NAU, yes at home, to keep them in it or they will be out. Even if we win out I do not see us sharing the BSC title with SUU and EWU due to the head to head with EWU. Then 3 BSC teams would make it in the playoffs, if NAU completely falls apart.

MSU has the opportunity to be the spoiler for NAU and/or the Griz........so are we really an 8-3 or a 7-4 team????.......either way we cannot afford another conference loss....at 8-3 we would be a bubble team to get in the playoffs. IMO

There's gonna be so much chaos down the stretch. Only thing that matters down the stretch is is keep your head right and win out. Let all the other bs sort itself out.

It s obvious that for Montana to share they have to beat both weber and nau. weber poses a problem because they are so damn physical and I’m not sure we measure up to them. To beat them we have to score at least 35 and my biggest question is Calhoun’s ability to take some hard shots. Can the offensive line hold up? On defense Strahm will have to have a defensive player of the week performance and the line will need to eat their wheaties. We have talent but do we have the braun to play 4 quarters against them?
Nau will be a shoot out. Mark it down that the stadium will be full at games end. Can Montana perform at the level required after the blow by blow with weber? Can we contain cookus?

Predictions:
UM........35
weber....24

UM .......42
nau.......38

IMO suu is the best team in the big sky.

Geezus, Sac’s OOC game with Weber had me pulling my hair out(and then you guys can’t get the difference between SSU and SUU figured out, lol). Couldn’t understand why it wasn’t counting in the standings. I was ready to argue that they had no chance! :hater:

Griz win out.
Weber upsets EWU.
NAU takes care of Sac next week and SUU in finale.

There it is! :thumb:

BadlandsGrizFan said:
We are not a bubble team at 8-3. We're in. Can we put that to bed yet? We have that convo every year.
Also, any and all teams with the best conference record all win the conference in this ridiculous configuration. Tie breaker only determines auto qualifier. Just to remind everyone.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Montana (3-1, 5-2)
Oct 28 at Weber State (3-1, 5-2)
Nov 4 Northern Arizona (4-0, 5-2)
Nov 11 Northern Colorado (1-3, 2-4)
Nov 18 at Montana State (3-2, 3-4)

Northern Arizona (4-0)
Oct 28 Sacramento St (3-1, 4-3)
Nov 4 at Montana (3-1, 5-2)
Nov 11 Montana State (3-2, 3-4)
Nov 18 at Southern Utah (3-1, 5-2)

Eastern Washington (4-1, 5-3)
Oct 28 idle
Nov 4 Weber State (3-1, 5-2)
Nov 11 at North Dakota (1-4)
Nov 18 Portland State (0-4, 0-7)

Weber State (3-1)
Oct 28 Montana (3-1, 5-2)
Nov 4 at Eastern Washington (4-1, 5-3)
Nov 11 at Portland State (0-4, 0-7)
Nov 18 Idaho State (2-3, 4-4)

Southern Utah (3-1, 5-2)
Oct 28 at Northern Cololorado (1-3, 2-4)
Nov 4 North Dakota (1-4, 2-6)
Nov 11 at UC Davis (1-3, 3-4)
Nov 18 Northern Arizona (4-0, 5-2)

Sacramento State (3-1, 4-3)
Oct 28 at Northern Arizona (4-0, 5-2)
Nov 4 Northern Colorado (1-3, 2-4)
Nov 11 at Cal Poly (0-4, 0-7)
Nov 18 UC Davis (1-3, 3-4)

bigkid said:
It s obvious that for Montana to share they have to beat both weber and nau. weber poses a problem because they are so damn physical and I’m not sure we measure up to them. To beat them we have to score at least 35 and my biggest question is Calhoun’s ability to take some hard shots. Can the offensive line hold up? On defense Strahm will have to have a defensive player of the week performance and the line will need to eat their wheaties. We have talent but do we have the braun to play 4 quarters against them?
Nau will be a shoot out. Mark it down that the stadium will be full at games end. Can Montana perform at the level required after the blow by blow with weber? Can we contain cookus?

Predictions:
UM........35
weber....24

UM .......42
nau.......38

IMO suu is the best team in the big sky.

They scored 17 against a winless Cal Poly. It will be tough but I think next week (and the week after) are very winnable games.

oGriz said:
Montana (3-1, 5-2)
Oct 28 at Weber State (3-1, 5-2)
Nov 4 Northern Arizona (4-0, 5-2)
Nov 11 Northern Colorado (1-3, 2-4)
Nov 18 at Montana State (3-2, 3-4)

Northern Arizona (4-0)
Oct 28 Sacramento St (3-1, 4-3)
Nov 4 at Montana (3-1, 5-2)
Nov 11 Montana State (3-2, 3-4)
Nov 18 at Southern Utah (3-1, 5-2)

Eastern Washington (4-1, 5-3)
Oct 28 idle
Nov 4 Weber State (3-1, 5-2)
Nov 11 at North Dakota (1-4)
Nov 18 Portland State (0-4, 0-7)

Weber State (3-1)
Oct 28 Montana (3-1, 5-2)
Nov 4 at Eastern Washington (4-1, 5-3)
Nov 11 at Portland State (0-4, 0-7)
Nov 18 Idaho State (2-3, 4-4)

Southern Utah (3-1, 5-2)
Oct 28 at Northern Cololorado (1-3, 2-4)
Nov 4 North Dakota (1-4, 2-6)
Nov 11 at UC Davis (1-3, 3-4)
Nov 18 Northern Arizona (4-0, 5-2)

Sacramento State (3-1, 4-3)
Oct 28 at Northern Arizona (4-0, 5-2)
Nov 4 Northern Colorado (1-3, 2-4)
Nov 11 at Cal Poly (0-4, 0-7)
Nov 18 UC Davis (1-3, 3-4)

This is lining up perfectly for a classic NAU collapse.....they have by far the most difficult remaining schedule....I think they could lose 3-4.

This will be a fun thread to follow. I love this stuff!

UM could go 1-3 to 4-0
NAU could go 0-4 to 4-0 if they are legit
EWOO is either 2-1 or 3-0
SUU 3-1 or 4-0...unless they get into their depth because of injuries
Sac St. is 2-2 to 4-0, unless they are pretenders as well.

Latest posts

Back