• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bye Week Blues

Griz90 said:
Saturday morning just ain't the same when our Griz aren't playing.
Ditto that.

On the other hand, sometimes I'm a nervous wreck waiting for the Griz game to start. So at least we can relax and just watch some other FCS games. (As noted on another thread, there's a fair number on if you have the DirecTV Sports Pack ... or can find some streaming.)

Agreed, but thank god undefeated Dartmouth is playing undefeated Columbia on ElevenSports. Game is in Hanover. Columbia's qb the past 2 years, Marty Morningweg's son, currently lives in Missoula. Columbia's resurgence came after hiring Penn's former longtime and very successful coach, who had retired for a few months.

Columbia has won only 1 Ivy championship, ever. Over the years, Columbia produced Sid Luckman, Archie Roberts, Marty Domres, George Starke., Jason Garrett, Marcellus Wiley. Patriots owner, Bob Kraft, also played a couple years. And actor Brian Denny. Also Lou Gehrig, football and baseball. Columbia won the '34 Rose Bowl.

Dartmouth has won 18 ivy conference championships, more than any other school, since the official athletic conference was formed the mid-50's. However, only 1 in the last 20 years. Jay Fielder, Jeff Kemp, Nick Lowery, Reggie Williams played at Dartmouth. In 1925, Dartmouth was named national champ by several groups, but later Alabama was retroactively declared the ncaa champ. Dartmouth had 3 of the 12 players on the all-American team that year, including the tallest and 2d heaviest player, a 6'1", 205 guard.

6ff.gif

PlayerRep said:
Agreed, but thank god undefeated Dartmouth is playing undefeated Columbia on ElevenSports. Game is in Hanover. Columbia's qb the past 2 years, Marty Morningweg's son, currently lives in Missoula. Columbia's resurgence came after hiring Penn's former longtime and very successful coach, who had retired for a few months.

Columbia has won only 1 Ivy championship, ever. Over the years, Columbia produced Sid Luckman, Archie Roberts, Marty Domres, George Starke., Jason Garrett, Marcellus Wiley. Patriots owner, Bob Kraft, also played a couple years. And actor Brian Denny. Also Lou Gehrig, football and baseball. Columbia won the '34 Rose Bowl.

Dartmouth has won 18 ivy conference championships, more than any other school, since the official athletic conference was formed the mid-50's. However, only 1 in the last 20 years. Jay Fielder, Jeff Kemp, Nick Lowery, Reggie Williams played at Dartmouth. In 1925, Dartmouth was named national champ by several groups, but later Alabama was retroactively declared the ncaa champ. Dartmouth had 3 of the 12 players on the all-American team that year, including the tallest and 2d heaviest player, a 6'1", 205 guard.
ESPN had the start time as 10:00, but I see it's actually scheduled to start at 10:30. Just changed that on the channel guide thread. DirecTV 623. (We'll be watching.)

signedbewildered said:
I'm gonna watch the EWU game again. See if we do any better the second half this time around. I have my doubts.

I suggest driving bamboo under your fingernails while watching, seems like a logical pairing.

IdaGriz01 said:
PlayerRep said:

ESPN had the start time as 10:00, but I see it's actually scheduled to start at 10:30. Just changed that on the channel guide thread. DirecTV 623. (We'll be watching.)
Big Green needs to stage a second-half comeback (16-0 lead for Columbia, for those who aren't following the game). Gonna be tough.

Back