• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Will we win out

jm2142

Jut want to know other people's thoughts do you think the griz will win out 9-2? I feel like they drop one more but not sure which one that will be.

Winning out will be tough. This team is capable of it, but also could drop a game or two.

My prediction: We go 3-1 with a very close win at Weber, loss to NAU & taking care of business with UNC and MSU.

I feel like we are on the verge of either a 2011 style rally, or a 2016 style melt down. I hope its the former. Back to back ranked opponents starting next week will tell us a lot. Get through that gauntlet and I think winning out is pretty doable.

If they drop one or both of the next two games, its a matter of how the team responds down the stretch.

Beating weber will be a tough get. We win that one then I think winning out is a good possibility.
One game at a time....

This team is starting to have that playoff swagger that has been missing for many years. I say they run the table through the regular season and finish 9-2 with an outside shot at a top 8 seed.

I think the Griz will lose one more game, and I don't believe for one second that constitutes a 2016-meltdown. Of course, even if the Grioz drop one, that's what the mantra will be, but this team is so different than last year it's not even close.

There are three very solid football teams left on the Griz' schedule in Weber, NAU and the Cats. Northern Colorado is horrible and lost their quarterback. If the Griz go 3-1 in the final stretch I'd consider that a huge stride in their progress. Hell, even 2-2 wouldn't be a disaster. Of course, many Egrizzers won't see it that way. But, I would.

I predicted 7-4 prior to the start of the season. I still think that's likely, although I'm growing more confident of an 8-3 finish.

I think Weber's loss to SUU will rattle them a little bit. The Griz can get past them. It is the NAU game I worry about. This D is susceptible to the big play and NAU has the capability to take advantage of that more than any team left on their schedule. I think the Griz can win out, especially the way Jensen is playing.

George Ferguson said:
I think the Griz will lose one more game, and I don't believe for one second that constitutes a 2016-meltdown. Of course, even if the Grioz drop one, that's what the mantra will be, but this team is so different than last year it's not even close.

There are three very solid football teams left on the Griz' schedule in Weber, NAU and the Cats. Northern Colorado is horrible and lost their quarterback. If the Griz go 3-1 in the final stretch I'd consider that a huge stride in their progress. Hell, even 2-2 wouldn't be a disaster. Of course, many Egrizzers won't see it that way. But, I would.

I don't think a single loss would produce a "meltdown mantra." 2-2 might start to feel that way. 1-3 or worse....that's a meltdown.

I think they go 3-1 if the defense continues to progress, and the O-line stays healthy and consistent.

I'm just waiting to see if you can beat an average team. You obviously haven't beaten any good teams yet. And don't bash me for speaking the truth.

If we go 2-2 that only means Stitt can't beat a winning team late in the season. After we win at Weber (Finally), we will cruise to our share of the Big Sky title!

poorgriz said:
I'm just waiting to see if you can beat an average team. You obviously haven't beaten any good teams yet. And don't bash me for speaking the truth.

Remind me again; who was MSU's signature win? For this exercise we aren't counting moral victories.

Back