• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ryan McKinley

mtgrizrule

The other night at work, a co worker was saying how disappointed, mad, frustrated, etc that he and his friend are with McKinley's play throughout his career. They have nicknamed him "Toast". I was adamant, told them he is a very solid QB, likely to be all conference, and is being looked at by the NFL. He continued, saying McKinley is terrible and gets beat way too often. I told him, the only game he struggled this season was the ISU game. Other than that game, he has been pretty solid this season, and overall, he has been pretty solid.

He blamed McKinley for being the main reason the GRIZ pass defense has struggled most of last season and this season. I told him, that most of the pass defense struggles have been from miscommunications, and McKinley has not been the primary reason. Anyway, I feel McKinley has a chance at the next level and will end up being a great CB come season's end. What do you all think of McKinley? Please keep it respectful.

GrizGeneral said:
That was brutal to decipher...but that's what happens when you drink and post at 2:14 am. :thumb:

I have to admit when I saw McKinley and then QB, I had to check the date to make sure it wasn't someone who was bumping a post from 2012 about Trent McKinney. :lol:

Well I have enjoyed Mr. Mount McKinley. Love his attitude and aggressiveness. You can tell he loves playing this game & I enjoy very much watching him play!

He kinda got worked over against ISU....and has given up quite a few yards....but he hasn’t been BAD.....

I guess I’d say that I’ve been disappointed, mainly because Semore stated before the season that McKinley would be the best corner in the conference. I think that says more about Semore than McKinley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McKinley gets burned CONSTANTLY. Surely you are joking when you say you think he is one of the best CB's in the conference and has a chance to play at the next level........seriously??? If I were the opposing team, I would throw in his direction every. single. time.

RLGriz said:
McKinley gets burned CONSTANTLY. Surely you are joking when you say you think he is one of the best CB's in the conference and has a chance to play at the next level........seriously??? If I were the opposing team, I would throw in his direction every. single. time.

You do know he was leading the nation in most passes defended? It's true, when you cover the other teams best guy every play in the Big Sky you will get some action.

SaskGriz said:
RLGriz said:

You do know he was leading the nation in most passes defended? It's true, when you cover the other teams best guy every play in the Big Sky you will get some action.
And we are dead last in the Big Sky in pass defense....don’t spin it...we suck ass defensively.

SaskGriz said:
RLGriz said:

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs/current/individual/38

Looks like he's not quite leading the nation in this category. I would imagine playing schools like Valparaiso and Savannah State School for the Football Impaired would pad those stats some, though.

:coffee:

McKinley is indeed one of the best corners in the conference.

I'll take Shann, Aaron Best and Bruce Barnum's word on that over anyone on a message board.

brewskis said:
SaskGriz said:
RLGriz said:

And we are dead last in the Big Sky in pass defense....don’t spin it...we suck ass defensively.

You believe that after ISU? He got worked over like a bad doctor.

RLGriz said:
SaskGriz said:
RLGriz said:

Looks like he's not quite leading the nation in this category. I would imagine playing schools like Valparaiso and Savannah State School for the Football Impaired would pad those stats some, though.

Well 2 of his 11 came against those two schools and his game high is 3 against EWoo sooooooo your wrong.

brewskis said:
He kinda got worked over against ISU....and has given up quite a few yards....but he hasn’t been BAD.....

I guess I’d say that I’ve been disappointed, mainly because Semore stated before the season that McKinley would be the best corner in the conference. I think that says more about Semore than McKinley.

This^^^

brewskis said:
brewskis said:
SaskGriz said:
RLGriz said:

You believe that after ISU? He got worked over like a bad doctor.

I feel like "worked over like a bad doctor" could be a great line, but I don't quite understand it? I love a good line like "he folded up like cheap lawn furniture" or "he couldn't hit sand if he fell off a camel." Can someone explain this one to me, so I can use it in the future?

RLGriz said:
SaskGriz said:
RLGriz said:

For sure. I'm sure those other guys don't play ANY patsies to pad their stats.

He's a very good corner and having a good season. He is a very good pass defender and a good tackler. He has good size, speed. and quickness. He's made a few mistakes and gotten beaten on occasion. Every corner, including Tru and the top NFL guys, do.

UM puts more pressure on him, because they often play zone or another coordinated defense in the rest of the field, but leave him in man on the back side. It is very difficult to be all by yourself on play after play. It takes a lot of physical talent to cover hard on every play, and discipline. You can't see what play is developing or what is happening behind you. First responsibility is coverage, but you need to be smart and know when to turn back to help with the run at times.

In the last game, he made 2 tremendous defensive plays almost in a row, in front of the opposing bench.

He's clearly one of the best corners in the conference. I assume he is considered NFL material because of his size and speed, and ability to cover. Is he good enough? I don't know.

Two more comments. If GrizRule was out with JD Quinn before his initial post, like I was last week when I made a late night post, then I fully understand. I don't think I've ever mentioned this before, but I played corner on a top 20 D-I team. Ha. I follow the secondary. No one else on the board is qualified to comment on subject. Ha.

Latest posts

Back