• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bracketology: Kennesaw State, McNeese State join; Big Sky teams still on outside looking in

Stop_HammerTime69

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/15225

The national media still doesn't like Montana or the Big Sky in general. Only EWU and Weber in the picture, and neither has a Top 8 seed.

Stop_HammerTime69 said:

The national media still doesn't like Montana or the Big Sky in general. Only EWU and Weber in the picture, and neither has a Top 8 seed.

EWU is good, but not great, but still good enough to warrant a first round bye. Reputation alone will probably get them a bye if they win out.

If Montana wins out it's hard to see them being left out, except maybe due to NAU if the Grizz don't play them.

footballdood said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:

EWU is good, but not great, but still good enough to warrant a first round bye. Reputation alone will probably get them a bye if they win out.

If Montana wins out it's hard to see them being left out, except maybe due to NAU if the Grizz don't play them.

We play NAU...in Missoula...three weeks.

footballdood said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:

We are probably still in even if we go 7-4.

Win out and we’ll likely have a top 8 seed.

footballdood said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:

Is someone like this a bot? They are on a GRIZ web-site but haven't checked the schedule to see who plays who????

footballdood said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:

If Montana wins out they’re in... period.

footballdood said:
Stop_HammerTime69 said:

footballdood says 4th string
Seems about right.

Win in and we get either a bye or cupcake 1st home playoff game
Lose 1 and we have a tough away playoff game
Lose2 and we are done again
IMHO of course

Why do they still have Weber in? Did they not realize they lost this weekend? You would think they would put either NAU on the bracket or us. I will be surprised if Weber will stay in the top25 after this weekend. Whoever makes it in this year out of the big sky needs make some deep runs. I get the MVFC has a lot of talent but we saw South Dakota barely scrape by the scats and NAU pounded ILLINOIS. Could NDSU beat Eastern again like they did early?

GraniteGriz80 said:
Why do they still have Weber in? Did they not realize they lost this weekend? You would think they would put either NAU on the bracket or us. I will be surprised if Weber will stay in the top25 after this weekend. Whoever makes it in this year out of the big sky needs make some deep runs. I get the MVFC has a lot of talent but we saw South Dakota barely scrape by the scats and NAU pounded ILLINOIS. Could NDSU beat Eastern again like they did early?

100%, the MVC is a great conference but the voters are wearing knee pads for every team in there that has gotten a 1st down this year. Remember though, as bad as it gets, it's a million times better than the division above us.

East coast bias has become the MVC bias. If the voters got his route MT better win out to have a shot at just making the play offs. What is up with Weber staying in?

Click on the author's bio and it's pretty easy to understand:
"Jason "Beef" Groomes is an avid college football fan, living in the middle of Missouri Valley country. A sports fan in general, especially of football, he likes to focus on the FCS brand. The FCS level has had a playoff for many years, which has always been attractive to his eye."

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/author/jason-groomes-0

And finally, Griz win 8 then there's no question they're in. 7 is a borderline. I don't understand how anyone can truly believe it would take 9 wins to get in--look at the FCS playoff history.

People act like the playoffs are some exclusive club that we “have to win out to get into.” Since the playoff field was expanded to 24 teams, it seems to be more unusual that a half decent team doesn’t make it in. If the Griz win out, they will be seeded. If they lose one more, they will likely have a home game in the first round because we all know money is a big factor. Two more losses and I would be concerned.

IMO, I think this Griz team has what it takes to win out and head into the playoffs as a 9 win team.

IMO, we need to beat a team with a winning record to get in the playoffs. We haven't done that yet . Currently, the only teams with a winning record left on our schedule are Weber and NAU. If we lose both of those games we don't deserve to get into the playoffs. Split those and win the rest, bubble team at best, IMO.

grizeyes said:
IMO, we need to beat a team with a winning record to get in the playoffs. We haven't done that yet . Currently, the only teams with a winning record left on our schedule are Weber and NAU. If we lose both of those games we don't deserve to get into the playoffs. Split those and win the rest, bubble team at best, IMO.
If only that were the criteria

C'mon people. If we make the playoffs we get a home game no matter what. It'd be nice to win out, possibly get a seed (still might not happen at 9-2), and host a round of 16 home game though. I still believe we're in at 7-4 (90% sure), but the committee has liked 6-5 MVC teams the last couple of years.

Grizzly Oredigger said:
C'mon people. If we make the playoffs we get a home game no matter what. It'd be nice to win out, possibly get a seed (still might not happen at 9-2), and host a round of 16 home game though. I still believe we're in at 7-4 (90% sure), but the committee has liked 6-5 MVC teams the last couple of years.

And this year that team will be South Dakota State. They're 4-2, but finish with Missouri State (W), WIU (L), NDSU (L), ISU (W) and USD (L). They'll end up 6-5, 3-5 in conference and be team 24. Book it. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Grizzly Oredigger said:
With the apparent disrespect out there for the Big Sky, I do not see the committee giving a 6-5 BSC team a bid -- and I'll bet you don't either.

Latest posts

Back