• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Week #8- FCS Top 25 and BSC Games

Paytonlives

Staff member
Week 8- Top 25 Finals
#1 James Madison (7-0) Beat William & Mary (2-5) 46-14
#2 N Dakota St (7-0) Beat #10 Western Illinois (5-2) 24-12
#3 Jacksonville St (6-1) Beat E. Illinois (5-3) 30-14
#4 South Dakota (6-1) Lost at #24 Illinois St. (5-2) 37-21
#5 Wofford (6-1) Lost to #16 Samford (5-2) 24-21
#6 Central Arkansas (6-1) Beat Northwestern St. (1-6) 45-17
#7 San Houston St. (6-1) Beat Lamar (1-6) 63-27
#8 Eastern Washington (5-3) Lost at S. Utah (5-2) 46-28
#9 Youngstown St (3-4) Lost to N. Iowa (4-3) 19-14

#10 Western Illinois (5-2) Lost at #2 N Dakota St (7-0) 24-12
#11 Richmond (4-3) Lost to Delaware (5-2) 42-35
#12 North Carolina A&T (8-0) Beat Buthune-Cookman (3-4) 24-20
#13 S Dakota St (5-2) Beat Missouri St. (1-6) 62-30
#14 Elon (6-1) Beat Rhode Island (1-6) 35-34
#15 Villanova (4-3) OFF
#16 Samford (5-2) Beat #5 Wofford (6-1) 24-21
#17 Grambling State (6-1) Beat Alcorn St (5-3) 41-14
#18 New Hampshire (5-2) Beat Towson (2-5) 40-17
#19 Western Carolina (6-2) Beat VMI (0-8) 26-7
#20 McNeese St. (6-1) Beat Incarnate Word (1-6) 55-7
#21 Montana (5-2) OFF
#22 Stony Brook (5-2) OFF
#23 Weber State (5-2) Beat Cal-Poly (0-7) 17-3
#24 Illinois St. (5-2) Beat #4 South Dakota (6-1) 37-21
#25 North Carolina Central (5-2) Lost to Norfolk St (3-4) 28-21

Other Big Sky Conference Games
Sac St (4-3) Beat N. Dakota (2-6) 34-27
msu (3-4) Beat N. Colorado (2-4) 27-24
ISU (4-4) Beat PSU (0-7) 59-30
NAU (5-2) Beat UC Davis (3-4) 45-31

Paytonlives said:
Updated with current Poll

I don't see a whole lot of movement this week. There are a few games that may affect the polls, but if everyone holds serve, should be generally the same next week. Illinois State, though, will be replaced by NAU

AZDoc said:
Paytonlives said:

I don't see a whole lot of movement this week. There are a few games that may affect the polls, but if everyone holds serve, should be generally the same next week. Illinois State, though, will be replaced by NAU

Would agree... but Davis is playing for their playoff lives. NAU somehow every year finds a banana in their tailpipe.

Paytonlives said:
AZDoc said:
Paytonlives said:

Would agree... but Davis is playing for their playoff lives. NAU somehow every year finds a banana in their tailpipe.

I like that game as well, but think that we will see the "real" Davis during this game. Just not quite where it needs to be. Next year, though, I'd expect them to be a sleeper, much like Sac used to be a few years ago

Weber @ Poly will be interesting. Will be a very physical game. Will be watching to see if Cantell returns. I think he will back for when we play them but it was a pretty vicious hit he took.
The wombats @ N Colorado should be a good game. I am thinking N Colorado is going to get the best of the wombats and it will be another good loss for them. Who knows N Colorado may even be the new best team they have played this season.

Paytonlives said:
AZDoc said:
Paytonlives said:

:clap: bravo.

The Griz Need Nau,WSU and Cats to all win this week. The schedule has already been deemed super weak they need a few top 25 wins to close out season.
nau I think will not have their late season meltdown this year. I think they are playing for their coach and that will keep them from nose diving. I would not be surprised to see weber lose their next two, Poly has to beat someone and I think Montana matches well with the wildcats.

bgbigdog said:
Paytonlives said:
AZDoc said:
Paytonlives said:

:clap: bravo.

:thumb: :D

UCD vs NAU will be an interesting game today. Davis looks really solid. The coaching matchup may overshadow the players. Davis having had 2 weeks to prepare and the benefit of two former NAU coaches, one on each side of the ball is a big benefit. Those two guys should know a lot about how most everyone on that NAU staff thinks..

Will be a chess match as this article suggests

http://azdailysun.com/sports/local/nau-uc-davis-set-for-chess-match-between-friends/article_9eb992a9-4eaf-5270-ae30-82a931fe8f8e.html

NAUJacksFan said:
UCD vs NAU will be an interesting game today. Davis looks really solid. The coaching matchup may overshadow the players. Davis having had 2 weeks to prepare and the benefit of two former NAU coaches, one on each side of the ball is a big benefit. Those two guys should know a lot about how most everyone on that NAU staff thinks..

Will be a chess match as this article suggests

http://azdailysun.com/sports/local/nau-uc-davis-set-for-chess-match-between-friends/article_9eb992a9-4eaf-5270-ae30-82a931fe8f8e.html

Agreed. Could be a very interesting game. :ugeek:

AZGrizFan said:
It's over. YSU LOSES to UNI 19-14. YSU now 3-4 and 1-3 in MVFC.
If they remain in the top 25 i might lose my mind. No doubt UNI will now be in the top 25

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back