• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Illinois St

grzz said:
fltheadgriz said:
Is it me or does Illinois St. seem to be in a freefall since losing to NAU?
Sounds familiar...
Those poor guys showed up in another thread in this context. They are now 4-2 (2-1 in conference) after those two losses in a row… but they’re basically done with the “easy” part of their schedule. From here, they get:
South Dakota (6-0, 3-0 in conference)
Youngstown State (3-3, 1-2)*
Western Illinois (5-1, 2-1)
SDSU (4-2, 1-2)
NDSU (6-0, 3-0)

* Misleading record, with that FG loss in OT to NDSU.

IdaGriz01 said:
grzz said:
fltheadgriz said:
Sounds familiar...
Those poor guys showed up in another thread in this context. They are now 4-2 (2-1 in conference) after those two losses in a row… but they’re basically done with the “easy” part of their schedule. From here, they get:
SDSU (4-2, 1-2)
NDSU (6-0, 3-0)

I said it after the NAU loss...ISU may not win another game all season. Posers....yet all the "playoff predictions" still have them in....that's why they're complete bullshit.

AZGrizFan said:
IdaGriz01 said:
grzz said:
fltheadgriz said:
Sounds familiar...
SDSU (4-2, 1-2)
NDSU (6-0, 3-0)

I said it after the NAU loss...ISU may not win another game all season. Posers....yet all the "playoff predictions" still have them in....that's why they're complete bullshit.

:thumb:

It's ONLY because the MVFC is tough from top to bottom, not that teams that play each year have a better chance of winning when an underdog.

AZGrizFan said:
IdaGriz01 said:
grzz said:
fltheadgriz said:
Sounds familiar...
SDSU (4-2, 1-2)
NDSU (6-0, 3-0)

Guess i was wrong. That historically tough MVFC just keeps beating each other up. It's the only conference it happens in. :x

AZGrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
IdaGriz01 said:
SDSU (4-2, 1-2)
NDSU (6-0, 3-0)

Guess i was wrong. That historically tough MVFC just keeps beating each other up. It's the only conference it happens in. :x
Absolutely crazy. They still have a brutal schedule ahead of them, but: Who knows? It's not just that they won, it's that they won handily (37-21). Yes, some of that was being at home ... but that's still damned impressive.

There is so much bullshit going on on Facebook right now about how fricking awesome and tough the MVFC is...Jesus, those guys act like their shit doesn't stink. Bullshit like "if you aren't in the Valley, you just don't get it"...or "our worst teams would compete for titles in most other conferences"...."NDSU would be a 10-win team in the Big 10", "NDSU would win the MAC", etc., etc.

Christ on a crutch that shit gets old.

AZGrizFan said:
There is so much bullshit going on on Facebook right now about how fricking awesome and tough the MVFC is...Jesus, those guys act like their shit doesn't stink. Bullshit like "if you aren't in the Valley, you just don't get it"...or "our worst teams would compete for titles in most other conferences"...."NDSU would be a 10-win team in the Big 10", "NDSU would win the MAC", etc., etc.

I don't think a BSC team would finish top 3 in the MVC.

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:

You may be right but our #1 team rolled their current #2 team....MSU played SDSU to the wire...I could go on and on....but honestly it's more about them bragging about how good their shitty teams are....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZGrizFan said:
You may be right but our #1 team rolled their current #2 team....MSU played SDSU to the wire...I could go on and on....but honestly it's more about them bragging about how good their shitty teams are....

And that #1 team also got rolled by a middle of the pack MVC team.

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:

AZ's analysis makes sense to me. The Big Sky may not be as strong this year, but I will judge that later. The MVC has been the best conference for a half dozen or so years now, but I agree with AZ that the hype around the MVC is too much, in fact ridiculous. The dominance of NDSU for years is mainly what caused people to think the MVC was so wonderful. UND and CP are both big surprises to me this year. I think those teams might be the bottom of the MVC this year.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:

AZ's analysis makes sense to me. The Big Sky may not be as strong this year, but I will judge that later. The MVC has been the best conference for a half dozen or so years now, but I agree with AZ that the hype around the MVC is too much, in fact ridiculous. The dominance of NDSU for years is mainly what caused people to think the MVC was so wonderful. UND and CP are both big surprises to me this year. I think those teams might be the bottom of the MVC this year.

Illinois State also was in the championship game in 2014. Has a national championship game at the FCS ever consisted of one conference? YSU, the third best team in the Valley, made it to the championship game last year.

A couple of those years you had a two loss SDSU team going up against NDSU in the second round, which is really a travesty. Could have easily been in the championship game had they been placed in the opposite bracket.

It’s hard to argue against how good the conference is. All you have to do is look at Sagarin’s rating. It is by far the strongest conference in the FCS.

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:

Winless Cal Poly took Northern Iowa to OT @ Northern Iowa.

2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Illinois State also was in the championship game in 2014. Has a national championship game at the FCS ever consisted of one conference? YSU, the third best team in the Valley, made it to the championship game last year.

A couple of those years you had a two loss SDSU team going up against NDSU in the second round, which is really a travesty. Could have easily been in the championship game had they been placed in the opposite bracket.

It’s hard to argue against how good the conference is. All you have to do is look at Sagarin’s rating. It is by far the strongest conference in the FCS.
Because you're getting credit for playing each other. It's not that complicated

AZGrizFan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

Other than EWU, who in the Big Sky has made any noise in the playoffs over the last 5 years?

2011BisonAlumni said:
AZGrizFan said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:

Other than EWU, who in the Big Sky has made any noise in the playoffs over the last 5 years?

Does that have anything to do with the discussion being had in this thread? Yes, we know that NDSU has won the nat'l championship in all but one of those years.

Back