• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

My Two Cents

SaskGriz

DONOR
Great night for football in Missoula and a classic game!

Apologies if I am only rehashing previous points.

1. Gresch Jensen is for real, great arm, runs like a tailback and makes good reads for the most part. Two years ago EWU came in with an unproven QB and we beat up on them 57-16. Our untested rookie looks a world beater compared to how Gubrud looked back then. The future is bright! And yes, he missed a couple of open receivers and needs some touch on his dump offs and screen routes. His interception was a classic young buck trying to thread a ball into a space that wasn't there.

2. Our O-line is good.

3. Coach Semore took away the long ball and dared the Eagles to nickle and dime us to death. They accepted that challenge. lol At some point you have to spread the safeties or go to a dime package.

4. Schye needs help. We've been blessed with a string of great rushers in Wageman, Holmes and Kidder but you can also see how valuable guys like Crittenden and Johnson were. Not saying that Rodriguez and Favorosso won't one day be there.

5. Williams didn't seem to have his usual siege cannon of a leg working. Shortish kickoffs (not talking about the intentional squibs and the on side) and lower than average punting day. His numbers were comparable to EWU punter but was hoping for an advantage in that department rather than a push.

6. Steak at the Mo-Club was disappointing. Rated on the web as the best place for steak in Missoula, ordered the Angus/rare side of medium rare. Not a hint of pink when it arrived.

7. NEZ fans who leave with three minutes left and the Griz down by only two scores make me shake my head, but to each their own.

SaskGriz said:

1. Gresch Jensen is for real, great arm, runs like a tailback and makes good reads for the most part. Two years ago EWU came in with an unproven QB and we beat up on them 57-16. Our untested rookie looks a world beater compared to how Gubrud looked back then. The future is bright! And yes, he missed a couple of open receivers and needs some touch on his dump offs and screen routes. His interception was a classic young buck trying to thread a ball into a space that wasn't there.

2. Our O-line is good.

3. Coach Semore took away the long ball and dared the Eagles to nickle and dime us to death. They accepted that challenge. lol At some point you have to spread the safeties or go to a dime package.

4. Schye needs help. We've been blessed with a string of great rushers in Wageman, Holmes and Kidder but you can also see how valuable guys like Crittenden and Johnson were. Not saying that Rodriguez and Favorosso won't one day be there.

5. Williams didn't seem to have his usual siege cannon of a leg working. Shortish kickoffs (not talking about the intentional squibs and the on side) and lower than average punting day. His numbers were comparable to EWU punter but was hoping for an advantage in that department rather than a push.

6. Steak at the Mo-Club was disappointing. Rated on the web as the best place for steak in Missoula, ordered the Angus/rare side of medium rare. Not a hint of pink when it arrived.

7. NEZ fans who leave with three minutes left and the Griz down by only two scores make me shake my head, but to each their own.

I actually thought gresch was going to be quicker than what I saw.

hilinegrizfan said:
SaskGriz said:

2. Our O-line is good.

Hard to be JLM with his frame. But he does move. There is an EWU defender who still can't find his jock after Gresch made him look silly on the goal line.

PDXGrizzly said:
hilinegrizfan said:
SaskGriz said:

2. Our O-line is good.

Hard to be JLM with his frame. But he does move. There is an EWU defender who still can't find his jock after Gresch made him look silly on the goal line.

haha ya i saw that one! nice move

PDXGrizzly said:
hilinegrizfan said:
SaskGriz said:

2. Our O-line is good.

Yeah, he reminds me a lot of Cole B. Every time that guy took off, you would see a bunch of bad angles taken by the defense. Cole was "sneaky fast" and I think Gresch has that too. Plus, like Cole he's big enough to run through DBs, and isn't afraid to lower his head and get a critical yard or two.

The mo club is for burgers, not steaks. Go to the depot for their blackened blackened prime rib next time.

SaskGriz said:

Great points all around!

There were a lot of NEZ fans who sat much of the game and didn't get into it. That shocked me. We tried to get a "Montana Grizzlies" chant going three different times throughout the game at important moments, and people around us just looked at us like we were crazy.

Yup, you must have been at the Montana Club. Every once in awhile they serve up an ok steak but not always. Unbeatable burgers at the Mo. (Missoula) Club.

Is there even steak on the menu at the Mo Club? I've only seen the 1984 white-ridge display board show burgers, choice of cheese and drinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Counter Assault said:
Is there even steak on the menu at the Mo Club? I've only seen the 1984 white-ridge display board show burgers, choice of cheese and drinks.

Nope.

AZGrizFan said:
Counter Assault said:

Nope.

I assume he's talking about the Montana Club. There are 2 of them.

Back