• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

View from a newcomer

atomik235

Joined the forum and watched the EWU game due to my son being on an official visit last weekend. I’m glad there are some passionate fans here... but a few observations.
Your HC is only in his 3rd year, you have to give time for his recruiting classes to mature.
Sean was impressed by the atmosphere of the game, the coaching staff and the players... “just a bunch of good people”....he felt at home, and that’s what matters to a recruit (at least one that you want on your team [emoji16])
I would expect folks to be disappointed in the loss, but your program isn’t as bleak as some would post here.

Have a good day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomik235 said:
Joined the forum and watched the EWU game due to my son being on an official visit last weekend. I’m glad there are some passionate fans here... but a few observations.
Your HC is only in his 3rd year, you have to give time for his recruiting classes to mature.
Sean was impressed by the atmosphere of the game, the coaching staff and the players... “just a bunch of good people”....he felt at home, and that’s what matters to a recruit (at least one that you want on your team [emoji16])
I would expect folks to be disappointed in the loss, but your program isn’t as bleak as some would post here.

Have a good day.

There were so many hand wringing posts that I feel this one got lost in the shuffle.

First, welcome to the board and thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts. I love that you and your son had a good experience. We definitely have a passionate fan base, as you saw at the game and here. I'm with you, things usually aren't as great or as bad as we make them out to be. Griz Nation is used to being the cream of the crop in FCS so it's been a challenging number of years trying to rebound. We need the right kids and coaches to help that along. I'm confident we can get there and unfortunately it's just taking time.

Best of luck to you and your son. I hope his season goes great and that we can all welcome him to this crazy family we call Griz Nation!

Welcome to the board, I also appreciate you took the time to post. There are some other parents here that post similar thoughts to what you have expressed. Your son would be a tremendous "get" for this program. He looks impressive in size and talent.

I would take what you read on eGriz with a grain of salt. Although there are some great, knowledgeable posters here that both support and have concerns about the program, there is also a large number of trolls and extremists that are pushing agendas. Griz Nation is much more than just what you see here.

Happy to see that your son had a great visit, and enjoyed his time at WaGriz. I think most fans expected us to be at 2-2 this year after 4 games, so not much has really changed from expectations.

Thank you, 235. Great post.

I, too, had the pleasure of speaking with a few parents of recruits at the game, and to a person they were all wildly impressed with the Griz program. Yes, the second half sucked, but sometimes I think we all forget how very fortunate we are to be Grizzlies.

atomik235 said:

That comment won't go over well with the negative nannies on this board. :lol:

Thanks 235, that was a good post. I hope that you and your son enjoyed the trip to Montana, you got to soak in some of the beauty of this place and enjoyed the game. The best of luck to your son and hopefully he will be a Griz!

Welcome as well. As you can see, we love Griz football and all we want is for them to win. Many of us know that the most important aspect of the program is the education of the kids, and their specific experiences within the team aspect. True that there are a lot of Trolls on here, and some that feed them on purpose, just for the entertainment value. This board does not equate all of Griz nation...just the passion within. I am glad your son had a good experience. We certainly wish him good luck as his season finishes and in his recruitment process! Go GRIZ!!!

Welcome,
Should he choose to go here football transcends the confines of the University and WA-GRIZ. Players become hero's to the thousands of young kids in the area (which includes the State of Montana). There is a mystical quality here that produces the fire from within...passion.

atomik235 said:

Have a good day.

Welcome to the board! This is a sounding board and a place people go to vent and I think at times it can seem both too overly positive (from guys like me) and too overly negative from others. The true pulse is probably somewhere inbetween!

Go Griz!

The anger after the loss is due to a love for the program and not accepting mediocrity. This fire has built the stadium, champions center etc......if people just accept mediocrity and dont push for championship you end up with MSU when Ash was coach. Stitt said he was going to return Montana to what it once was, if he can't get the job done someone else will get their shot. This passionate fan base won't settle for mediocrity. Clock is ticking

Wow, sometimes it takes an outsider to point out the insanity in the asylum. Thank you for your candor 235. A visiting parent's views are always welcome in my book. It gives an unbiased perspective.

Good luck to you and Sean no matter where you choose.

Thanks for the warm welcome and BTW.
07cf289ca051a5bcbb5e539fd83ed722.png

Thank goodness your son and your family are smarter than the rest of us. Welcome to Griz Nation! You raised a smart kid!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/seana2306/status/912853151941722114[/tweet]

Back