• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

(Poll) Favorite to win BSC

So who wins the BSC?

• Northern Colorado 1-0 2-1

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Weber State 1-0 3-1

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • Eastern Washington 1-0 2-2

Votes: 47 42.0%
  • Sacramento State 1-0 2-2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Montana State 1-0 1-2

Votes: 12 10.7%
  • Northern Arizona 1-0 1-2

• Portland State 0-0 0-3

• Idaho State 0-1 2-2

• Montana 0-1 2-2

Votes: 17 15.2%
  • Southern Utah 0-1 2-2

• UC Davis 0-1 2-2

• North Dakota 0-1 1-3

• Cal Poly 0-1 0-4

• Total voters

Paytonlives

Staff member
So after 4 Games the BSC is a mess... Every teams looked good at times and looked like crap other times. Based on what you have seen so far, who do you expect to win the BSC?

Weber State seems to be the most consistent team at the moment. I'm thinking they're the favorites as of "right now".

EWU is right there too. They're starting to gel, and I'd probably view them as "co-favorites" with Weber State.

get'em_griz said:
Weber State seems to be the most consistent team at the moment. I'm thinking they're the favorites as of "right now".

Would agree do have a game with EWU

msu vs. weber will be a very interesting game. Montana needs to win out for any chance because 6-2 won't get it done. Not mention ewu needs to lose 2........... pretty much a long shot but anything can happen.

Until the champ is knocked off you have to go with EWU...
I’m not buying Weber, they’ve beaten Sac and Davis and a D2. Just because they played a mediocre Cal team close doesn’t mean they are good....if Weber beats MSU this week I’ll give them credit...

I think you have to go with EWU. However the winner of the MSU v WSU game this weekend could very well be right there. I think those two are pretty evenly matched but we'll see this weekend. I just don't think the griz have a six game winning streak in them at this point. However, I do think it could be a split title with the winner having two conference loses.

marceagfan5 said:
I’m not buying Weber, they’ve beaten Sac and Davis and a D2. Just because they played a mediocre Cal team close doesn’t mean they are good....if Weber beats MSU this week I’ll give them credit...

I hope everyone overlooks us this year too.

I do agree that Eastern is the team to beat until otherwise shown, but if I was an Eagles fan I wouldn't be tooting my horn after winning against Fordham and a Montana team that has lost 5 of their last 6 conference games. Winning in Missoula is great and all, but more and more teams are doing it these days. Heck a worse Weber team than this year did it in 2015.

WILDCATFAN said:
marceagfan5 said:

I do agree that Eastern is the team to beat until otherwise shown, but if I was an Eagles fan I wouldn't be tooting my horn after winning against Fordham and a Montana team that has lost 5 of their last 6 conference games. Winning in Missoula is great and all, but more and more teams are doing it these days. Heck a worse Weber team than this year did it in 2015.

giphy.gif

A mediocre Cal team that beat Ole Miss, NC and gave USC a scare? 🤔 might need to look at the definition again

UTGrizFan said:
A mediocre Cal team that beat Ole Miss, NC and gave USC a scare? 🤔 might need to look at the definition again

1-3 NC? Ole Miss who has wins over UTM and S Alabama? How many turnovers did cal have against USC? When Cal is 3-3 or 3-4 in the next few weeks that’s the definition of mediocre at the FBS level...Maybe not mediocre yet, but we can’t call them good yet either based on who they beaten

WILDCATFAN said:
marceagfan5 said:

Let's see how the trip to Bozeman goes WILDCATFAN. If Weber can win against a surging Bobcat team on the road in a hostile homecoming atmosphere, then they are absolutely a favorite to raise the banner IMO.

Lot's of really important games this week. I'm not sure EWU will hold serve in Cheney against SSU, and I'm not sure the grizz can win this one on the road in Portland (no homo). UNCUNCU at NAU will be an interesting game too as either of these teams have chance to hang around in November and make it interesting.

There's no question that this week will create the first actual pecking order for the BSC. As of now it's all talk. Should be a great weekend.

ABQCat said:
WILDCATFAN said:
marceagfan5 said:

Let's see how the trip to Bozeman goes WILDCATFAN. If Weber can win against a surging Bobcat team on the road in a hostile homecoming atmosphere, then they are absolutely a favorite to raise the banner IMO.

Lot's of really important games this week. I'm not sure EWU will hold serve in Cheney against SSU, and I'm not sure the grizz can win this one on the road in Portland (no homo). UNCUNCU at NAU will be an interesting game too as either of these teams have chance to hang around in November and make it interesting.

There's no question that this week will create the first actual pecking order for the BSC. As of now it's all talk. Should be a great weekend.

I do think that the trip to Bozeman will tell a lot about Weber, even a close loss in Bozeman wouldn't reflect badly on Weber. I just don't think Eagles fans can dog our wins when their wins are against teams like Fordham and a struggling Montana team who is missing their starting Quarterback. And they can spin our loss to Cal anyway they want but we completely outplayed Cal with a Quarterback who started in only his 2nd game, 3 freshman offensive linemen and a freshman leading receiver.

I like what I see out of Weber, there is a lot of size, speed and athleticism that I haven't seen at Weber in a long time and I like their chances. There is still a lot of football to be played and if Weber is going to do it then they are going to have to earn it with games @ MSU, @ Poly, @ PSU and @ EWU (for the 3rd straight time :roll: would be nice to actually play Eastern in Ogden once in a while :roll:)

Should be a good game in Bozeman, and hopefully Weber can leave with a W

WILDCATFAN said:
ABQCat said:
WILDCATFAN said:
marceagfan5 said:

I do think that the trip to Bozeman will tell a lot about Weber, even a close loss in Bozeman wouldn't reflect badly on Weber. I just don't think Eagles fans can dog our wins when their wins are against teams like Fordham and a struggling Montana team who is missing their starting Quarterback.

Missing our starting QB? Nope, we're actually just fine with our RS Freshman!

We are missing our secondary though...

get'em_griz said:
WILDCATFAN said:
ABQCat said:
WILDCATFAN said:

I do think that the trip to Bozeman will tell a lot about Weber, even a close loss in Bozeman wouldn't reflect badly on Weber. I just don't think Eagles fans can dog our wins when their wins are against teams like Fordham and a struggling Montana team who is missing their starting Quarterback.

I will say I was quite impressed with that Freshman QB from what I watched on Saturday.

WILDCATFAN said:
get'em_griz said:
WILDCATFAN said:
ABQCat said:

I will say I was quite impressed with that Freshman QB from what I watched on Saturday.
Right ... for a very young man who was just thrown into the mix due to that injury, he did a fantastic job.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back