• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pflugrad

mtgrizrule

With a new President eventually coming aboard, is it possible that Pflugrad be considered to come back to the GRIZ, whenever that time might be? I am not posting this to discuss or even mention Stitt (good or bad), so please respect that.

1st of all I am not an insider, not a booster, not a major financial supporter. I am just a true GRIZ fan of average financial means. I hope someone or a few can fill us in about Pflu's departure. Was his and O'day being let go more from Engstrom's quick trigger, or did boosters and/or faculty support Pflu being let go? Would fans, faculty, boosters be open minded to welcome back Pflu with open arms? Would Pflu be willing to make amends and let the past be water under the bridge?

From the get go, I felt Pflu and O'day were totally screwed over by the powers to be, when they were quick triggered from the school. Fact is, everyone should have let everything play out, before jumping the gun. At the very least, remain neutral during the process that played out. In Pflu's case, to me, his return would be righting a major wrong. The fact that he has not been more vocal or sued over all this says a lot about his character and him as a person. As for me, I would very much welcome a return of Pflu, rather that be next season or a few years down the road.

I hope others add to this and give some valuable insight. Thanks in advance. :thumb:

mtgrizrule said:
With a new President eventually coming aboard, is it possible that Pflugrad be considered to come back to the GRIZ, whenever that time might be? I am not posting this to discuss or even mention Stitt (good or bad), so please respect that.

1st of all I am not an insider, not a booster, not a major financial supporter. I am just a true GRIZ fan of average financial means. I hope someone or a few can fill us in about Pflu's departure. Was his and O'day being let go more from Engstrom's quick trigger, or did boosters and/or faculty support Pflu being let go? Would fans, faculty, boosters be open minded to welcome back Pflu with open arms? Would Pflu be willing to make amends and let the past be water under the bridge?

From the get go, I felt Pflu and O'day were totally screwed over by the powers to be, when they were quick triggered from the school. Fact is, everyone should have let everything play out, before jumping the gun. At the very least, remain neutral during the process that played out. In Pflu's case, to me, his return would be righting a major wrong. The fact that he has not been more vocal or sued over all this says a lot about his character and him as a person. As for me, I would very much welcome a return of Pflu, rather that be next season or a few years down the road.

I hope others add to this and give some valuable insight. Thanks in advance. :thumb:

Coincidentally I was thinking the same thing.

O'Day posted this link on his twitter account and after watching Jensen on Saturday I was dreaming about what Pflu could do with a talented freshman.like Gresch.

I would love to see him back as head coach, not just because he is proven quality coach, but he deserves it after getting royally screwed by Engstrom.

Here's the link to the Pflugrad article.

https://cronkitenews.azpbs.org...ege-coach-pflugrad-looks-second-chance/

behappp said:
mtgrizrule said:

Coincidentally I was thinking the same thing.

O'Day posted this link on his twitter account and after watching Jensen on Saturday I was dreaming about what Pflu could do with a talented freshman.like Gresch.

I would love to see him back as head coach, not just because he is proven quality coach, but he deserves it after getting royally screwed by Engstrom.

Here's the link to the Pflugrad article.

https://cronkitenews.azpbs.org...ege-coach-pflugrad-looks-second-chance/

Thanks for the information. We need to golf again. I really enjoyed it, thanks man.

uofmman1122 said:
I just don't see any way that it happens.

IF GRIZ NATION is open minded and lets the powers to be know, we feel he should be considered. Who knows, I feel fan support could go a long way.

mtgrizrule said:

A not so scrupulous congressman and his angry wife, were strong influences on Engstrom illogical decision to part will O'Day and Phlugrad, Robin sin was support for his athlete, and O'Day sin was support for the both of them, and some people assume their blight without a law suit.

This fabrication came from people close to the situation, true or not the story is better than Engstom excuse, which never appeared.

My blood still boils thinking about what Pat Williams & Engstrom did to this University, Pflugrad & O'day. Unfortunately it has been a Very Long road for Pflugrad. I am hoping he gets another chance soon & would be completely for rehiring him back in a second. Guess we will see how this season plays out but am still hoping we turn this thing around. Have not given up yet! Go Griz

Not arguing that Robin got anything but a raw deal at UM. But he is now getting older and outa the loop as far as assembling a good staff and re-establishing recruiting contacts.
I would prefer a young up-and comer.
I was hopeful that Troxel might be our next guy regardless of when and how Coach Stitt left. But I'm not sure he helped his possible future at UM after his abrupt departure this Spring.

Alll I know is Stitt doesn't have stit on Pflu. Was watching some games last night and Damn I sure do miss that offense!

jcu27 said:
Alll I know is Stitt doesn't have stit on Pflu. Was watching some games last night and Damn I sure do miss that offense!
I do too, but damn nearly everyone here HATED it, despite what they might say now. :lol:

RABIDAWG said:
Redemption in Zootown would be firing Haslam & getting O'Day and Pflu back. :cool:
The only mistake I have seen from Haslam was his hiring of Stitt in favor of some very good candidates. He has done a wealth of other good things and deserves more than one mistake. Retaining Stitt if things keep going this direction would be a bigger mistake.

kemajic said:
RABIDAWG said:
Redemption in Zootown would be firing Haslam & getting O'Day and Pflu back. :cool:
The only mistake I have seen from Haslam was his hiring of Stitt in favor of some very good candidates. He has done a wealth of other good things and deserves more than one mistake. Retaining Stitt if things keep going this direction would be a bigger mistake.

:lol: I was thinking the same thing when I initially read his post...dude is like 99/100 right now, assuming Stitt is a failure.

kemajic said:
RABIDAWG said:

Agreed, but I would add the mistake of not opening the job to a national search right away after Mick's first year. Mick could have applied. Instead of a one-year bump, we had a three year decline followed by the digging out period we are in right now.

Back