• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How Will This Team Respond?

IMHO, predictably bad on defense. Wing and a prayer on offense in the second half. Meltdown is the norm with this team. Has been since last year, and seeing as how the team under stitt is 16-12 I'd say that the chances the team responds with a win are close to 50-50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tough call that is a deflating loss. Destroying them to being destroyed. Guess we will see if this coaching staff has good relationships with each other and if the team unity that has been reported is true and extends between the coaches and players. A loss like this doesnt really allow for an in between, the team either grows significantly from this and goes on a run or is hurt by it and last years record or worse is possible. Will be interesting. Hope we grow!

If this team doesn't go 2-0 going into homecoming the ship will have incurred a big hole and will be taking on water. That is if it hasn't already done so.

grizcountry420 said:
I know it's only Sunday but how is this team going to respond next week in Portland?

This will tell us what this team is really about. If they fall apart then we've got issues. If they rally and bond together then things might not be as dire as some fans think it is.

BWahlberg said:
grizcountry420 said:
I know it's only Sunday but how is this team going to respond next week in Portland?

This will tell us what this team is really about. If they fall apart then we've got issues. If they rally and bond together then things might not be as dire as some fans think it is.

That's kind of how I look at it..

5 weeks ago I thought Portland St would put 60 on the board against us. Now I am fearful it may be uglier than that.

The next two games will show us a lot. We have not played well on the road so we will see if all the efforts made regarding road games, solidarity, unite, love one another will make any difference. I expect them to play with a chip on their shoulder. Losses to Portland and ISU will answer many questions for me. Two good wins will also answer some questions. Time will tell.

BWahlberg said:
grizcountry420 said:

I thought ewooo was the game to find out what this team is about.

Man1 said:
5 weeks ago I thought Portland St would put 60 on the board against us. Now I am fearful it may be uglier than that.
I'll take the under for another free beer.

fanofzoo said:
BWahlberg said:
grizcountry420 said:

Sugar coaters will say after PSU that the next game is it.....

fanofzoo said:
BWahlberg said:
grizcountry420 said:

Well then we're currently not as good as the #11 team in the country

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
IMHO, predictably bad on defense. Wing and a prayer on offense in the second half. Meltdown is the norm with this team. Has been since last year, and seeing as how the team under stitt is 16-12 I'd say that the chances the team responds with a win are close to 50-50
4-8 on the road. Lost 5 of the last 6 road games. Lost 5 of the last 6 BSC games. 50-50 is being generous.

BWahlberg said:
grizcountry420 said:

Come on Brint, be honest; the team has issues. Several to overcome to win, particularly on the road.

I am not worried about how the team will respond. They will respond well. Why wouldn't they? It's early in the season. They have nice talent and potential. The seniors have no choice; this is their last year; they need rally for their final season. They have much to play for. Why would they give up at this point?

It was a game they could have won, and it would have been a terrific win. Their rookie qb showed his potential, and will improve. Not having your starting qb is a big deal. How would EWU have done without Gabrud?

My bigger question is how good is this team, or how big is its potential. I don't know. I think the team has very good potential.

I know some of you are worried about Stitt and the asst coaches. I just can't believe they are as bad as some of you think.

At the beginning of the season, didn't most think we would likely be 2-2 at this point? Okay, we are. On to the next game.

We hit a buzz saw in the 2d half. EWU played great, and had the determination and confidence to come back to win, just like the Griz used to. Hats off to EWU. Some of their guys are jerks and have no class (just like some of their fans), but the team is good and played a great game on Saturday. I'm okay with that.

I really enjoyed the game. I didn't feel that the Griz gave it away. They just weren't as good as EWU, particularly in the second half. EWU played great, especially in the 2d half.

Maybe all the naysayers will turn out to be right. I haven't been telling them they were wrong, especially since late last fall. But it's our team, it's early in the season, and by god I am going to enjoy it and support the team (and coaches).

BWahlberg said:
fanofzoo said:
BWahlberg said:
grizcountry420 said:

Well then we're currently not as good as the #11 team in the country

We were for a half. Ok, second half not, so does that mean our coach is only half as smart.

Just think if Kupp was still playing, we wouldn't be moaning about the second half, it would have over in the first half.

My question is why is our pass defense so bad. 500+ yards.
The second half showed no pass rush pressure. WRs were WOpen.
My question is what will the DC do differently to correct this?
Is our current scheme too complicated?
Why can't we seem to make changes mid stream to stop an offense from staining through or D like water through a hose?
If we just keep doing the same thing and hope something changes...... Well isn't that the definition of insanity?

Back