• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stitty facts: overall record 16-12; conference record 9-8; and road record 4-8

Gametime

Stitt is an average coach at best. Haslam better step up in a hurry or he should be held accountable as well. Over all record of 16-12 is bad; 9-8 in conference is terrible and a road record of 4-8 is just awful. Facts!

Bobby-Hauck2.jpg

Bobby was 80-17 overall and 47-6 in conference play. He won or tied for the Big Sky championship 7 years in a row. It's unbelievable how far the football product has fallen off. Yet the sugar coaters continue to make excuse after excuse for each loss and lost season. Bring Bobby back!!!

I like that everyone is convinced that if Bobby is the head coach, things will once again be like they were in the past. It is just amazing that some other borderline FCS school hasn't tried to snatch him up with some offer he couldn't say no to.

Gametime said:
Bobby was 80-17 overall and 47-6 in conference play. He won or tied for the Big Sky championship 7 years in a row. It's unbelievable how far the football product has fallen off. Yet the sugar coaters continue to make excuse after excuse for each loss and lost season. Bring Bobby back!!!

I'm not sold on the bring Bobby back train just yet. Mostly because I don't think he would come back. But, also because I was never really into him in the first place. Here are my rudimentary thoughts.

Bobby Hauck

Predictable run, run, pass offense (negative)
He recruited players that excelled in his offense (Positive)
Bend but don't break defense (negative)
He recruited players that excelled in his defense (Positive)
(Though, I'm not sure if great recruitment was due to Bobby or due to the history of the program.)
Special Teams was pretty awesome

Bob Stitt

Complex pass-heavy offense (positive and negative). He supposedly has never opened up his entire playbook.
Recruitment on offense stinks (negative). He has recruited some exciting players for sure. But, for some reason many players don't excel in his system.
Defense, I don't even know where to start. (negative) We change the overall scheme so much within each game it's no wonder why we get burned for so many long plays.
Recruitment is okay on defense (positive and negative). But, how can players excel when the game plan is inconsistent.
Special teams ugh. Kick/punt coverage has been bad.

Help us Don Read.

HelenaHandBasket said:
I like that everyone is convinced that if Bobby is the head coach, things will once again be like they were in the past. It is just amazing that some other borderline FCS school hasn't tried to snatch him up with some offer he couldn't say no to.
I'm not saying they'd be like they were in the past, but I am 99.9% positive they'd improve

Thus far in 2017, we've beat two teams that are a combined 1 and 6.

In 2016, we beat only two teams with winning records (St. Francis and SUU). We also lost to two teams that ended up having losing records as well.

Not seeing a lot of quality wins lately. That said we are 2-2!

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
He was solid at UNLV.
That program could have urban Meyer and it wouldn't make a difference and everyone knows it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boy the definition of "solid" sure changes with whoever we're talking about.

ONCE won more than 2 games. ONCE. Went 15-49, with 7 of those wins coming in one season. Let's at least keep his performance in perspective....fuck, it's no WONDER he laments leaving Missoula. :roll:

Stitt is an innovator and building the most dynamic offense in all of college football. It takes TIME. have to recruit the right talent at each position. We didn't just change concepts we are changing the whole approach to the game. Give it time. We had the lead and say what you want about the D but if the O would have stayed hot we would have won.

My big thing with Hauck is not only did he win a lot of games but it was the swagger our team had. Bobby's teams were f****** cocky out there, they knew they'd kick your ass the moment you stepped on the field at WA Griz. Not just that and some will rip me for this but hes a Montana guy. Bobby knows what this program means to our state, he understood that people in this state live and die by the Griz. Say what you want about the Big Sky changing etc etc, Bobby's teams would bully this conference around and if he were still here we'd be up in the hunt with JMU and NDSU.

BBB!!!!!

He actualy had a spine; unlike wet noodle, PC fearing Engstrom, Hasslam, and Stitt!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back