• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stitt needs to fire Seymore.

Maxim

DONOR
If the coach wants to try and save the season Jason's got to go. We need a new approach for d.

Maxim said:
If the coach wants to try and save the season Jason's got to go. We need a new approach for d.

Say that he could contractually, which I don't think he can. Who do you get at this point in the season? Pay JS the remainder of his contract, bring in someone new and pay their salary and hope they do a better job with a secondary that is not very deep. I am not sure that is that is the answer. At the end of the season would be the time. Unfortunately that might be too late. One conference game in. I am not giving up on this team.

We could consider applying his theory of pass coverage to his contract. Bend, break score one for the opposition.

After the EWU debacle on defense, I'd be all for Schillinger be given an opportunity. I wonder if Colt Anderson would be interested, after his NFL playing days are done?

mtgrizrule said:
After the EWU debacle on defense, I'd be all for Schillinger be given an opportunity. I wonder if Colt Anderson would be interested, after his NFL playing days are done?

..sometimes players don't make good coaches..l played the game but l'm not a good teacher!..l think
some players have that ability but not all!

mtgrizrule said:

He isn't experienced enough to be a DC yet. If Semore happened to be let go, Niekamp would be the replacement. In other words, Semore isn't getting fired during the season...

Maxim said:
A good start might be to not have most of the defensive players standing looking for a signal from the sideline while the other team is snapping the ball. It's like this group has never practiced against an uptempo offense. Christ, be ready and hit someone in the mouth.

My biggest frustration with the game last night were the absolute lack of not just an answer, but even a visible attempt at a defensive adjustment when EW's receivers were running free and unchecked all over the flats and middle of the field. The first half could have been just as lopsided in EW's favor, had their QB not been overthrowing wide-open receivers. In the 2nd half, he wasn't missing any more, and boom. It was unbelievable that Seymore had...wait for it...nothing to offer as far as plugging the hole in the dike. I also didn't see the players communicating with each other often enough on the field when we were getting picked apart with the short passes to uncovered receivers; nobody pointing and helping each other after the play, and identifying the problems.

Watching the second half felt like the UW game. Not necessarily beating us over the top but just getting the ball out and then making our guys look silly in the open field with double digits in yac consistently. I dont think its the athleticism/ability of our players I think they are out of position from the get go and I think EWU learned a whole lot more from the UW game then we did. If we dont learn the second time and this offensive strategy racks up points and yards effortlessly again I would certainly worry about a loss of job in the coaching staff somewhere. I hope that doesnt have to happen and we figure it out and get on a roll.

I’m not sure the defense could improve under anybody at this point. If Stitts offense is working, the defense plays better. If it’s not, they barely get enough time to pass the water bottle around before they are back on the field. I think they do need a new DC, but if Stitts side of the ball isn’t doing their job, then the defense is going to break at some point. No amount of conditioning could prepare for that.

bandit218 said:
I’m not sure the defense could improve under anybody at this point. If Stitts offense is working, the defense plays better. If it’s not, they barely get enough time to pass the water bottle around before they are back on the field. I think they do need a new DC, but if Stitts side of the ball isn’t doing their job, then the defense is going to break at some point. No amount of conditioning could prepare for that.

Amen!

kemajic said:
Maxim said:
A good start might be to not have most of the defensive players standing looking for a signal from the sideline while the other team is snapping the ball. It's like this group has never practiced against an uptempo offense. Christ, be ready and hit someone in the mouth.

Noticed that as well. How can an up-tempo offensive team be so clueless on how to be ready to defend the same?

Bob-
Stick with your current DC, and there will be no uncertainty about a lengthened contract- Ole' Mick will be knocking on your office door, shortly after your next loss.

Back