• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Early Take-Aways

AZGrizFan

DONOR
1) Toure has no business returning kicks. Runs scared, it appears to me.
2) Teams have figured out how to neutralize JLM.
3) Our run defense is damned good.
4) Our defensive backfield is paper thin...and what's THERE isn't great. But when we get to the 3rd, 4th and 5th options, quality goes downhill real fast
5) Cowans looked overmatched almost all night
6) Alijah Lee is for real. I no longer am worried about our running game
7) Too many homer in passes thrown. Yeah, we connected on a couple, but lots were not open and attempted anyways
8) Horrible play calling on many occasions. 2nd & 3, 3rd & 3 in SAME play sequence and we try two long passes instead of a couple running plays to extend the drive. Happened multiple times tonight
9) Jensen will be fine
10) Akem is as advertised
11) Curran seems to have solved (for the most part) his "dropsies"
12) Semore is in over his head (although I must admit, I do think that's probably the best, most dangerous offense we'll see the rest of the regular season)
13) 40 points should win 99% of ball games

And finally: people praising Jensen's arm strength....there were at least FOUR longpasses that, if thrown 2-3 yards further, would have been easy receptions rather than contested balls...Curran's long catch early on he had to wait on...seemed to me like they were all underthrown and made easy catches very difficult.

And then there's Taylor's flat out boot. WTF.

AZGrizFan said:
4) Our defensive backfield is paper thin...and what's THERE isn't great. But when we get to the 3rd, 4th and 5th options, quality goes downhill real fast
7) Too many homer in passes thrown. Yeah, we connected on a couple, but lots were not open and attempted anyways
8) Horrible play calling on many occasions. 2nd & 3, 3rd & 3 in SAME play sequence and we try two long passes instead of a couple running plays to extend the drive. Happened multiple times tonight
9) Jensen will be fine
12) Semore is in over his head (although I must admit, I do think that's probably the best, most dangerous offense we'll see the rest of the regular season)

And finally: people praising Jensen's arm strength....there were at least FOUR longpasses that, if thrown 2-3 yards further, would have been easy receptions rather than contested balls...Curran's long catch early on he had to wait on...seemed to me like they were all underthrown and made easy catches very difficult.

Accurate. And I think you meant Taylor's flat out drop.

I don't know your team from Adam, but I'd take any run games stats from this game and throw them out the window, considering EWU's nearly complete ineptitude to run the ball, outside of Tawain Jone's freakish 4.2/4.3 speed, in the last 15 years.

AZGrizFan said:
7) Too many home run passes thrown. Yeah, we connected on a couple, but lots were not open and attempted anyways
9) Jensen will be fine

Screamin_Eagle174 said:
I don't know your team from Adam, but I'd take any run games stats from this game and throw them out the window, considering EWU's nearly complete ineptitude to run the ball, outside of Tawain Jone's freakish 4.2/4.3 speed, in the last 15 years.

2017: Griz game: 68 yards, 2.2 ypc

2016: 128 ypg, 4.1 ypc
2015: 125.2 ypg, 3.8 ypc
2014: 185 ypg, 4.7 ypc
2013: 183.7 ypg, 5.3 ypc

I wouldn't call those stats "ineptitude".

Latest posts

Back