• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

QB Question

BleacherCreature

Can someone please explain to me why we keep getting QB after QB after QB who stare down their primary receivers every time they throw the ball?? I know Jensen is young and has been thrown into a tough situation but as far as I know, not telegraphing your pass is a basic skill that QB's need to learn. It's just not that tough for a secondary or LB to look at the QB's eyes and know where the ball is going. I don't get it.

BleacherCreature said:
Can someone please explain to me why we keep getting QB after QB after QB who stare down their primary receivers every time they throw the ball?? I know Jensen is young and has been thrown into a tough situation but as far as I know, not telegraphing your pass is a basic skill that QB's need to learn. It's just not that tough for a secondary or LB to look at the QB's eyes and know where the ball is going. I don't get it.

Jensen with the correct coaching will be a star in this conference.

GoldenEagle said:
BleacherCreature said:

Jensen with the correct coaching will be a star in this conference.
Kid has a hell of an arm for the deep ball, I will give him that for sure

No, I know it's a common problem but I'm just looking for some information on why it's so common. It would be refreshing to have a QB with better vision of the field and not fixate on a single receiver.

BleacherCreature said:
No, I know it's a common problem but I'm just looking for some information on why it's so common. It would be refreshing to have a QB with better vision of the field and not fixate on a single receiver.

Because it is a difficult thing not to do.

Jensen is better than he should be for a red shirt freshman starting his first game. He threw a lot of great down the field passes. He made the mistake of trying to make a hero play and it got picked but what were we asking him to do today? Be a hero. He tried and overall did a an excellent job. He can get through a progression and make a great throw. Jensen was not the problem today. Cant wait to watch him play for the rest of his career here.

cmtgrizzly said:
Jensen is better than he should be for a red shirt freshman starting his first game. He threw a lot of great down the field passes. He made the mistake of trying to make a hero play and it got picked but what were we asking him to do today? Be a hero. He tried and overall did a an excellent job. He can get through a progression and make a great throw. Jensen was not the problem today. Cant wait to watch him play for the rest of his career here.
This. He'll set some records

Back