• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Even Stitt must be...

Ursus1

DONOR
Tired of watching Semore's pathetic defense by now.....just too damn stubborn to deal with it.

I actually am much more frustrated by the offense. EWU is going to put up points on you. They just do. Especially when your defense is on the field so damn long.

Copper Griz said:
I actually am much more frustrated by the offense. EWU is going to put up points on you. They just do. Especially when your defense is on the field so damn long.

Defenses have a tendency to be on the field a long time when they have the complete inability to stop the opponent.

Hey, he's the guy don't you remember when we absolutely had to get rid of the coaches not buying in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZGrizFan said:
Copper Griz said:

Defenses have a tendency to be on the field a long time when they have the complete inability to stop the opponent.

They did fine in the first half. Second half. EWU did not let GG sit in the pocket all day. The first half the secondary did a ok job and there was pressure. EWU adjusted in the second half. Quick passes in the flat and then a couple of runs - boom pass up the middle. Semore just let them keep doing it.

Stitt is doing ok, he needs to win out. Stitt needs to seriously consider Seymore's employment status, or Seymore will get him fired. This was a painful loss no doubt, but not the end of the world if they win out. There were some critical drops and missed coverages/tackles by the PLAYERS believe it or not. I still believe Stitt is building something good, but it needs tweaks. Starting with Seymore...bottoms up and Go Griz!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

bray said:
Stitt is doing ok, he needs to win out. Stitt needs to seriously consider Seymore's employment status, or Seymore will get him fired. This was a painful loss no doubt, but not the end of the world if they win out. There were some critical drops and missed coverages/tackles by the PLAYERS believe it or not. I still believe Stitt is building something good, but it needs tweaks. Starting with Seymore...bottoms up and Go Griz!

Because firing the defensive coordinator is just a tweak. :roll:

Get rid of the entire staff. Clueless staff. This is a sinking ship and from the sounds of the stadium a lot of people agree

bray said:

The only thing "good" that Stitt built is a stable of WRs who have stone hands. Did a hell of a job with that.

AZGrizFan said:
Copper Griz said:

WEWU was within ten spots of the bottom of the FCS before tonight in TOP. They had the ball for less than 6 minutes in the second half against NDSU. The offense, gagged in the second half.

bray said:

What would give you any hope of winning out?

PDXGrizzly said:
bray said:

The only thing "good" that Stitt built is a stable of WRs who have stone hands. Did a hell of a job with that.
[/quote
wrong

People keep saying if the Griz win out. Come on really. There's a good chance the Griz don't win any. Sadly I think this years record will be worst than last years.
What happened to the days of our home field advantage? Teams coming to Wa Griz were all but assured a loss. Not anymore, which is sad.
To bad Robin can't come back. Maybe he could make something work with the kids on roster.
I am not sure what the answer is but it sure is not Bob Stitt!

AZGrizFan said:
Copper Griz said:

And then your offense comes out and whiffs and back comes a very tired defense and whiffs.

Copper Griz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Copper Griz said:

They did fine in the first half. Second half. EWU did not let GG sit in the pocket all day. The first half the secondary did a ok job and there was pressure. EWU adjusted in the second half. Quick passes in the flat and then a couple of runs - boom pass up the middle. Semore just let them keep doing it.

It seems that the pressure we were putting on EWU in the first half worked so well we stopped doing it. The QB just stood in the pocket looking for someone to get open. I didn't see any blitzing in the second half, I could be wrong.
Why does the kick returner jog up the field after he catches the ball?
Why do we throw in the flat on 3 and long?
Why don't we use JLM? 2 catches for 8 yards, several other passes were low and behind him.
Instead we throw to stone handed receivers. Several long passes dropped that would have changed the score for Montana.
Why do teams come in to WGS and set world records for passing and receiving yards.
Nic Sblendorio 18 catches for 189 yards and 1 TD. That was the nail in the coffin score I think.
Gage Gubrud 44/65 for 549 yards and 4 TDs.
I can give the offense a pass tonight, 41 points is good enough, however there is lots of room for improvement.
The defense went backwards in the second half. We are not getting it done. We aren't getting the direction we need from the DC. Very, very frustrating.
Last but not least 6 friggin touchdowns giving up in the second half. What the heck, there is no way in the world to sugar coat that no matter how you try to explain it away. Changes have to be made on the Defense. We did it for a half and them here came the flood. Totally, totally, totally unexplainable and totally unacceptable.

Okay, I'm done now.

IdahoGrizFan said:
Copper Griz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Copper Griz said:

It seems that the pressure we were putting on EWU in the first half worked so well we stopped doing it. The QB just stood in the pocket looking for someone to get open. I didn't see any blitzing in the second half, I could be wrong.
Why does the kick returner jog up the field after he catches the ball?
Why do we throw in the flat on 3 and long?
Why don't we use JLM? 2 catches for 8 yards, several other passes were low and behind him.
Instead we throw to stone handed receivers. Several long passes dropped that would have changed the score for Montana.
Why do teams come in to WGS and set world records for passing and receiving yards.
Nic Sblendorio 18 catches for 189 yards and 1 TD. That was the nail in the coffin score I think.
Gage Gubrud 44/65 for 549 yards and 4 TDs.
I can give the offense a pass tonight, 41 points is good enough, however there is lots of room for improvement.
The defense went backwards in the second half. We are not getting it done. We aren't getting the direction we need from the DC. Very, very frustrating.
Last but not least 6 friggin touchdowns giving up in the second half. What the heck, there is no way in the world to sugar coat that no matter how you try to explain it away. Changes have to be made on the Defense. We did it for a half and them here came the flood. Totally, totally, totally unexplainable and totally unacceptable.

Okay, I'm done now.
A very accurate, albeit, drunken, post

The EWU QB did a nice Dave Dickerson impersonation.

The D has to actually form tackle....

Also, couldn’t believe how many times Gubrud dodged a sack and completed passes...

Back