• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Contract Non-Renewal

PDXGrizzly

DONOR
Here is to Stitt not getting his contract renewed. He consistently has not adjusted and has placed his players in bad positions. His D-Coordinator can't coordinate his way out of a paper bag. It's time. This team is the same flat team that fell apart at the end of last season. More of the same. Stitt should be done.

I am done with Stitt and Seamore show. What a complete joke. Totally out coached in the second half. Makes me ill.

Ursus1 said:
Weren't they hired to bring in better players....3rd year not first

At the risk of going against the tide, I'll post the same thing I did on the game thread. I would like to see what this team could do with a different defensive coordinator. As ugly as the D was in the second half, there was a lot of young talent out there on the offensive side and Stitt recruited most of that talent, didn't he? His recruiting has appeared to fairly high quality. The one exception I would say is the concentration on WR talent and the paucity of defensive backfield talent.

Ursus1 said:

Well, couldn't do it in three, I guess. Maybe someone else can not do it for three years, and then another person can not do it after that. That's the way to build a winning program, boy howdy. Pay them like shit and replace them after three years if we don't win every game we think we should. :thumb:

westsider said:
OMG, I have never seen an entire staff out coached in the 2nd half like that....

Really, because it's been happening regularly here since the BH days...

bhumble said:
growing pains

Stitt is not growing. There are no growing pains in this. He was out coached. Plain and simple. The only time he hasn't really been out coached by a good team was the 2015 game against NDSU. Every other decent coach has lit him up. What is his record against ranked opponents? Pretty bad

Plainsman said:
Ursus1 said:

At the risk of going against the tide, I'll post the same thing I did on the game thread. I would like to see what this team could do with a different defensive coordinator. As ugly as the D was in the second half, there was a lot of young talent out there on the offensive side and Stitt recruited most of that talent, didn't he? His recruiting has appeared to fairly high quality. The one exception I would say is the concentration on WR talent and the paucity of defensive backfield talent.

Agree the coordinator is bad but.. You can't completely ignore time of possession and wear your defense out. Stitt isn't going to win a national championship.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursus1 said:

Well, couldn't do it in three, I guess. Maybe someone else can not do it for three years, and then another person can not do it after that. That's the way to build a winning program, boy howdy. Pay them like shit and replace them after three years if we don't win every game we think we should. :thumb:

Or we could keep him around for another 10 years winning at his career rate and become the next ISU playing in front of 5,000 fans

AZGrizFan said:
westsider said:
OMG, I have never seen an entire staff out coached in the 2nd half like that....

Really, because it's been happening regularly here since the BH days...

Robin put it together his second season. Before Engstrom put a knife in the back of the program.

Back