• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dallas viewing location for EWU game

Carl Spackler

Hey guys,

I'm unfortunately stuck in Dallas for work and won't be able to attend the game. Anybody know where a Montanan could watch the Griz game this weekend? Thanks!

Carl Spackler said:
Hey guys,

I'm unfortunately stuck in Dallas for work and won't be able to attend the game. Anybody know where a Montanan could watch the Griz game this weekend? Thanks!

Where are you staying hotel wise? Right in Dallas?

I watch the game from a bar in Addison, just north of Dallas.

Malarkeys will turn it to root for you as long as Penn State isnt playing. Carrolton Chop Shop always puts the game on for me also.

I'm pretty close to downtown, right next to the Market Hall. I am reliant on Uber for transportation, Addison is quite a haul isn't it?

Thanks for the quick reply! I’ll call both Malarkeys and Carrolton Chop Shop and see if they’ll be able to show the game.

Carl Spackler said:
Hey guys,

Sorry to hear that Carl, Dallas is a pretty shitty place.

The_Real_Chief said:
Carl Spackler said:
Hey guys,

Ya great economy and constantly voted one of the best Cities to live in, sounds horrible.

Carl Spackler said:
Thanks for the quick reply! I’ll call both Malarkeys and Carrolton Chop Shop and see if they’ll be able to show the game.

Ya man I'll likely be at the Chop Shop, I'll be the guy in Griz gear.

On a Saturday night around 8 an Uber from downtown Dallas to Addison would prob cost you about 10$ i would say.

If you dont want to come up that far I usually just call bars in the area and ask if they have Root...most do that watch college football on the weekends.

Carl Spackler said:
I'm pretty close to downtown, right next to the Market Hall. I am reliant on Uber for transportation, Addison is quite a haul isn't it?

You are kinda in a turd sandwhich area of the Metroplex tho, lol.....depending on how long youre hear you should check out Deep Ellum and Lower Greenville areas..theyre pretty entertaining and youll find great food and drinks...not far at all from where youre near.

For clarification when I said I’m unfortunately stuck in Dallas that was not meant to be a smack on the town, just unfortunate that I can’t be home for the Griz game. Seemed clear to me but what do I know...

Thank you again for the suggestions Badlands, I looked and the Penn State game is going at the same time so Malarkey’s is probably out, maybe I’ll call and see if they’d switch just one tv to the Griz game? The Chop Shop is probably too far. I will call around and see what I find. I will check out Deep Ellum and Lower Greenville too, I have the weekend off.

Thanks again

Carl Spackler said:
Hey guys,

Missoula

BadlandsGrizFan said:
The_Real_Chief said:
Carl Spackler said:
Hey guys,

Ya great economy and constantly voted one of the best Cities to live in, sounds horrible.

:lol: :clap:

The ONLY other city I'd live in in Texas other than where I live now.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
The_Real_Chief said:
Carl Spackler said:
Hey guys,

Yeah, air polution, freeways, flat, hot, and loaded with people...no thank you, i'll stick to places like Montana. I like my mtns, hiking, hunting, skiing, mtn biking, and kayaking

The_Real_Chief said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
The_Real_Chief said:
Carl Spackler said:
Hey guys,

Yeah, air polution, freeways, flat, hot, and loaded with people...no thank you, i'll stick to places like Montana. I like my mtns, hiking, hunting, skiing, mtn biking, and kayaking
Yeah. Good thing there's no place in Montana where it's flat and hot....and I've never met a hunter, fisherman, biker or boater in my 5 years in Texas.

I like Montana as much as the next guy but I'm not prepared to take a 75% cut in pay to do what I do just to live there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZGrizFan said:
The_Real_Chief said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
The_Real_Chief said:

Yeah. Good thing there's no place in Montana where it's flat and hot....and I've never met a hunter, fisherman, biker or boater in my 5 years in Texas.

I like Montana as much as the next guy but I'm not prepared to take a 75% cut in pay to do what I do just to live there.

In the modern economy so much work is done remote anymore, i'm keeping my pay and moving home next year and i work in oil/gas tech. :thumb: Lastly, i've lived in Texas myself, and I am there a few times a month so I think I have the right to have an opinion on the state. I don't like flat, humid, and overcrowded places. The only thing i enjoy about Texas is the food and the hill country is ok, otherwise that state kind of sucks

The_Real_Chief said:
AZGrizFan said:
The_Real_Chief said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

In the modern economy so much work is done remote anymore, i'm keeping my pay and moving home next year and i work in oil/gas tech. :thumb: Lastly, i've lived in Texas myself, and I am there a few times a month so I think I have the right to have an opinion on the state. I don't like flat, humid, and overcrowded places. The only thing i enjoy about Texas is the food and the hill country is ok, otherwise that state kind of sucks

It's no Montana, to be sure...other than Houston, I like the people, and I live in Hill Country so the terrain/weather is at least tolerable. Can't do my job remotely, so that option's out. :D

AZGrizFan said:
The_Real_Chief said:
AZGrizFan said:
The_Real_Chief said:

It's no Montana, to be sure...other than Houston, I like the people, and I live in Hill Country so the terrain/weather is at least tolerable. Can't do my job remotely, so that option's out. :D

For a lot of us Montana kids, our dream is to one day be able to afford a house on Flathead. Thats my ultimate end goal haha. I left Montana out of need not want, the goal has always been to return, no state even touches Montana at least in my experience.

Carl Spackler said:
For clarification when I said I’m unfortunately stuck in Dallas that was not meant to be a smack on the town, just unfortunate that I can’t be home for the Griz game. Seemed clear to me but what do I know...

Thank you again for the suggestions Badlands, I looked and the Penn State game is going at the same time so Malarkey’s is probably out, maybe I’ll call and see if they’d switch just one tv to the Griz game? The Chop Shop is probably too far. I will call around and see what I find. I will check out Deep Ellum and Lower Greenville too, I have the weekend off.

Thanks again
Just to clarify the chop shop is like two blocks from Malarkys. And Malarkys gets pretty rowdy with penn state grads so if you want to be around that it's your choice. For the record my girlfriend is one of them lol.

I didn't take what you said as a slight to dallas. I think we all wish we could live in Missoula. Lol

Back