• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

HAMMER,SNOWLAKES AND THE LAW

TCCGRIZ

DONOR
So , Some of you are aware Hammer is an old friend as well as an employee. Well Hammer recieved a certified letter deeming his lisence plates are offensive.
On the form when he put in for the personalized plates he told them the truth "For The Championship" FTC .
This certified letter came from the DOJ of all places and now my buddy Hammer is beside himself.
Any thoughts from you attorneys on what he should do. :cry:

TCCGRIZ said:
So , Some of you are aware Hammer is an old friend as well as an employee. Well Hammer recieved a certified letter deeming his lisence plates are offensive.
On the form when he put in for the personalized plates he told them the truth "For The Championship" FTC .
This certified letter came from the DOJ of all places and now my buddy Hammer is beside himself.

FT Cats

Wonder if it was a cat fan? If so, they might be pretty upset that there are FTG 1 and FTG 2 plates out there. If you don't like it, look away. SMH.

TCCGRIZ said:

I fucking hate people. Bunch of goddamned pussies. Offended at the drop of a hat.

Glad to see the thread title changed to be "snowflakes" -- of course that's also considered "offensive."

"Free speech," as defined by the First Amendment, is pretty much on its way out in this country. (Hope I'm wrong, but the evidence goes the other way.) Today, "offensive" and (worse yet) "hate speech" are basically code words for "stuff I don't agree with."

My inclination and advice is to tell the DOJ to buzz off. And if they persist, we can start a GoFundMe campaign to pay his legal costs (seriously!).

SoldierGriz said:
DOJ as in the Federal Government DOJ?

Yes , I have a pic of the letter but it is not my place to post it . I believe Hammer will make an appearance soon

IdaGriz01 said:
Glad to see the thread title changed to be "snowflakes" -- of course that's also considered "offensive."

"Free speech," as defined by the First Amendment, is pretty much on its way out in this country. (Hope I'm wrong, but the evidence goes the other way.) Today, "offensive" and (worse yet) "hate speech" are basically code words for "stuff I don't agree with."

My inclination and advice is to tell the DOJ to buzz off. And if they persist, we can start a GoFundMe campaign to pay his legal costs (seriously!).

You must have watched Tucker Carlson last night also .
I know Hammer is worried and pissed all in one .
I like the idea of the go fund me campaign. I would have no clue how to start it though .

The envelope was DOJ the letterhead was DMV btw

TCCGRIZ said:
SoldierGriz said:
DOJ as in the Federal Government DOJ?

Yes , I have a pic of the letter but it is not my place to post it . I believe Hammer will make an appearance soon

Mind blown. Yeah, this is what our federal government should be doing...unbelievable.

My first question would be is this verified, because it seems a little lowbrow for DOJ jurisdiction. This could be Alpha or someone fucking with him.

Secondly, I wouldn't do anything and make them prove intent, if it's documented on submission what he meant by it, even if untrue, how can they say it means something else? I would push back on this.

It's not like it says Robert Lee or something...

I hope to high hell this cannot be true. If it is, and if all the DOJ said was, "your license plates are offensive" without more, my response would be:

"Hey, girl. Thanks for the note. Have a killer fall back in DC. Keep in touch (but I know we will drift apart, because these summer romances never seem to last once we all go back to school. You'll probably start dating a guy on the rowing team named Chad or Trent, and I'll meet a girl from the county named Trixie or Alexxxis). We will, however, always have that Fourth of July under the pier, and the early August afternoon where we jumped off that rock into the lake even though we were both so scared. I'll never forget the time you spent becoming a part of my life, and I hope you feel the same. Until we meet again. #campanawanna4life."

CDAGRIZ said:
I hope to high hell this cannot be true. If it is, and if all the DOJ said was, "your license plates are offensive" without more, my response would be:

"Hey, girl. Thanks for the note. Have a killer fall back in DC. Keep in touch (but I know we will drift apart, because these summer romances never seem to last once we all go back to school. You'll probably start dating a guy on the rowing team named Chad or Trent, and I'll meet a girl from the county named Trixie or Alexxxis). We will, however, always have that Fourth of July under the pier, and the early August afternoon where we jumped off that rock into the lake even though we were both so scared. I'll never forget the time you spent becoming a part of my life, and I hope you feel the same. Until we meet again. #campanawanna4life."

Alexxxis...that sounds hot for some reason.

grizfan47 said:
DMV is an arm of the Montana Dept of Justice, not federal government.

That makes more sense. Replace the "DC" with "Helena" and the "rowing" with "general horseplay" in my post above, and I stand by it.

jodcon said:
My first question would be is this verified, because it seems a little lowbrow for DOJ jurisdiction. This could be Alpha or someone f***[*] with him.

Secondly, I wouldn't do anything and make them prove intent, if it's documented on submission what he meant by it, even if untrue, how can they say it means something else? I would push back on this.

It's not like it says Robert Lee or something...

It's not Alpha for sure .
I agree on making them prove intent .
He has to write them a letter stating what it means (For The Championship )

Back