• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2017 MT HS Football

VimSince03

2017 AA Championship Predictions: http://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=42316

2017 A Championship Predictions: http://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=42317

2017 B Championship Predictions: http://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=42318

2017 8-Man Championship Predictions: http://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=42319

2017 6-Man Championship Predictions: http://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=42320

Love the optimism for my Sidney Eagles but I'm not quite buying it and I watch a lot of practices (I live a half-block from the field). First two weeks will give us an indication of where we are...Belgrade at home and Billings Central on the road. Class A is wide open for the taking.

Griz90 said:
Love the optimism for my Sidney Eagles but I'm not quite buying it and I watch a lot of practices (I live a half-block from the field). First two weeks will give us an indication of where we are...Belgrade at home and Billings Central on the road. Class A is wide open for the taking.

This year's Sidney team is not nearly as talented as last years....but every top team in Class A lost a significant portion of senior leadership and talent. When I did the ranking, it was striking how many teams lost really good core groups of seniors that were major parts of their team.

VimSince03 said:
Griz90 said:

This year's Sidney team is not nearly as talented as last years....but every top team in Class A lost a significant portion of senior leadership and talent. When I did the ranking, it was striking how many teams lost really good core groups of seniors that were major parts of their team.

I haven't lived in Montana for many, many years, but when the hell did Anaconda move to class B? Man I remember playing against the younger Huot, Nate Sanders, and another real good and fast kid a year older then Nate. They were always tough.

AZDoc said:
VimSince03 said:
Griz90 said:

I haven't lived in Montana for many, many years, but when the hell did Anaconda move to class B? Man I remember playing against the younger Huot, Nate Sanders, and another real good and fast kid a year older then Nate. They were always tough.

This will be their 3rd year in Class B I do believe.

Vim, there is no more Central A title in Class A. The East and Central have combined to a 10-team league. They will all play each other and the top six go to the playoffs. The Northwest and Southwest remain two different conferences with the top two from each getting in, and using the power poll system to determine the final two spots.

AZDoc said:
VimSince03 said:
Griz90 said:

The Huots went to OSU. I think you are thinking about Eathan Trent; played at western. I think that group (Trent sanders hoyland and crazy-legs) held the class a or all-class short relay for a while (???) 42-flat or something crazy like that. The Canooch had some dudes back in the day but could never win the chipper (FU Sidney!)

George Ferguson said:
Vim, there is no more Central A title in Class A. The East and Central have combined to a 10-team league. They will all play each other and the top six go to the playoffs. The Northwest and Southwest remain two different conferences with the top two from each getting in, and using the power poll system to determine the final two spots.

Was this a new development after they realigned? Or part of the original realignment? Anyways, thanks for clarifying. It makes sense for those 10 teams.

Excited for GFH this year, hopefully this is the year they get to the playoffs after some disappointing year's. :thumb:

'68griz said:
It's like Belgrade being a A school. I remember when they were a C school.

Good chance they will be AA within the next 5 or 10 years even with the new HS in Bozeman. Gallatin Valley will have 3 AA teams in the not so distant future. Wouldn't surprise me to see Manhattan grow to an A school either.

The season is finally here! Butte at Flathead (game played in Big Fork)

68 yard drive for Butte in 5 minutes. Mortinson carried it in. Ferguson converts a third and 13.

31 FG good by Ferguson for Butte High.

9-7 Butte High

I'll mention that the game is being played at Bigfork High due to new turf install at Legends.
As I type this...Flathead throws an Int. So here comes Butte High with new QB in Ty Peterson in for Butte.

6-1 210 Nate Ferguson for Butte giving Flathead problems. Catches and runs pass all the way down to Brave 8.
Braves D hold with some incomplete passes.
Ferguson kickes 23 yarder 4:44 to go in 2nd
12-7 Butte High.

Baker RB for Braves just running over Butte playing in zone.
Butte goes to overloading box, goes man to man. Braves have put around 40 ground yards this drive with Butte playing back.
Taylor Morton to Anthony Jones TE huge pass and catch. 33 yard reception
1st and goal Braves
Braves down to 5 yard line.
Baker handoff to 1 yard line.
Jumbo set comes on, and TO.
3rd and goal
TD...flag, illegal motion. 20 seconds left
Jumbo off
Counts in at RB...TO Butte.
At 6 yrd line Trading Timeouts.
Anthony Jones TD Braves!
EP good