• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jamaal Jones

ordigger

DONOR
After an abysmal first game only catching 1 of 7 thrown to him (not sure if on qb or not), Jamaal bounced back very nicely, catching all 5 balls thrown to him this week. His 5 catches were a game high.

ordigger said:
After an abysmal first game only catching 1 of 7 thrown to him (not sure if on qb or not), Jamaal bounced back very nicely, catching all 5 balls thrown to him this week. His 5 catches were a game high.

He did a lot of this while he was a Griz too. He would drop a for sure TD pass and right away turn around and catch the next one. I remember him dropping several big passes in his Griz career. Made a lot of tough catches. I was sitting right beside him when he went head first into the brick wall at Tennessee. Man, I thought he broke his neck, but he made the catch. I think they did call him out of bounds though. The Tennessee player pushed him pretty good. He will land somewhere.

ordigger said:

I'm a Chargers fan. It was definitely the qb's issues. Cellen Clemons is garbage. He couldn't throw it in the ocean. Their third string is the Ohio State qb that lead them to the last national championship. He has all the ability in the world, but his accuracy and reading defenses is suspect at times. He did fumble against the Saints, that on him. He's made plays all summer and camp though. I hope he atleast makes practice squad.

reinell30 said:
ordigger said:

He did a lot of this while he was a Griz too. He would drop a for sure TD pass and right away turn around and catch the next one. I remember him dropping several big passes in his Griz career. Made a lot of tough catches. I was sitting right beside him when he went head first into the brick wall at Tennessee. Man, I thought he broke his neck, but he made the catch. I think they did call him out of bounds though. The Tennessee player pushed him pretty good. He will land somewhere.

He improved on those drops a lot between his junior and senior seasons. Hopefully we see that same improvement between last year and the next two seasons for Curran. Would be huge for this offense if he stops dropping easy catches.

Dangit. Jamaal just missed a wide open throw. Hit him right in the hands. Announcers went off on him.

BDizzle said:
Dangit. Jamaal just missed a wide open throw. Hit him right in the hands. Announcers went off on him.

Yep. Would have been a nice catch, but his hand position was wrong. Should have been pinky to pinky instead of thumb and index finger.

Inland NW Griz said:
BDizzle said:

Yep. Would have been a nice catch, but his hand position was wrong. Should have been pinky to pinky instead of thumb and index finger.

That's exactly what the announcers said.

BDizzle said:
Inland NW Griz said:
BDizzle said:

082617_lacvsla_mn_341.jpg

Yep. Awkward body control. Wouldn't have been an easy catch either eay, but he made it harder than it needed to be.

Inland NW Griz said:
BDizzle said:
Inland NW Griz said:
BDizzle said:

Yep. Awkward body control. Wouldn't have been an easy catch either eay, but he made it harder than it needed to be.

Judging by the photo, the hand position comments are bogus. Can't tell how high he his, but probably high. Judging by his legs (note that his right leg is forward), the ball was thrown high and behind him. He was in an awkward position--and perhaps made a bad jump. His hands are not high enough, soon enough, to catch that ball. Perhaps he had not jumped high enough, or been able to jump quick enough, but that ball was hard to catch. He or it was slightly off for a catch.

PlayerRep said:
Inland NW Griz said:
BDizzle said:
Inland NW Griz said:

Judging by the photo, the hand position comments are bogus. Can't tell how high he his, but probably high. Judging by his legs (note that his right leg is forward), the ball was thrown high and behind him. He was in an awkward position--and perhaps made a bad jump. His hands are not high enough, soon enough, to catch that ball. Perhaps he had not jumped high enough, or been able to jump quick enough, but that ball was hard to catch. He or it was slightly off for a catch.

Thanks for confirming you're an idiot. The ball was lobbed over the top of his head. He tried to turn his body to catch it. If he turned his hands, he could have cradled it over his head. Would have been a tough catch, looking the ball in would be rough. I love how a dipshit that hasn't seen the video has all the answers.

Yeah I don't think he really was off the ground very much at all. He didn't turn his body correctly which caused him to then have his hands in the wrong position. He was wide open and the ball was lobbed so he should have been able to adjust and make the catch. Wish he would've caught it cause he had a good chance to make a move and score.

Inland NW Griz said:
PlayerRep said:
Inland NW Griz said:
BDizzle said:

Thanks for confirming you're an idiot. The ball was lobbed over the top of his head. He tried to turn his body to catch it. If he turned his hands, he could have cradled it over his head. Would have been a tough catch, looking the ball in would be rough. I love how a dipshit that hasn't seen the video has all the answers.

What idiot are you talking about? Yourself? Just a question. Your post makes no sense. The main reason he didn't or couldn't make the catch is because either the ball was too high and behind him, or he wasn't up and turned off to make the catch. He could have had his fingers just as you suggest, but he still wouldn't have made the catch. Jeez, look at the photo. Your fingers comments are just plain silly.

Not aware that Reynolds or Mariani have signed yet, so perhaps BDiddle's (ha) earlier post on them being done may turn out to be accurate. They could get picked up during the season, after injuries, I suppose. Think Colt's turf toe is still bugging him. Hope the Bills don't decide to drop a higher paid vet for a lower paid player. The Jaqs still have their kicker on the roster, and not Carpenter, so his tryout there 2 weeks ago must not have worked out, at least yet.

Back