• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vika Fa’atuiese - Article

PlayerRep

Here's an article on him. His Griz bio is linked too. Listed at 6'3", 230.

I see that he had been offered by Colorado, and apparently committed there before Colo. reneged. He seems to get a huge amount of praise on egriz. Why is that? I guess I haven't focused on him much in the past, so I don't know.

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/maturity-team-first-approach-sets-griz-lb-vika-fa-atuiese/article_a2d9a9ff-7c0d-5642-b51c-b4321ac4d8f6.html

http://gogriz.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2956&path=football

Fa'atuiese stood out to me right away during the four games I attended in Missoula when playing in pass rushing situations on UM's third down packages. Explosive, strong and a good pass rusher despite his MLB position designation.

Given the situation with Connor Strahm, I've focused on Fa'atuiese the two live sessions I've taken in this fall. He runs well, sheds blocks well, is physical and aggressive. I really don't think Montana loses a step with him at middle linebacker despite Strahm being an All-Big Sky performer.

Well here's our chance because he is front and center for the first two games. Looked good for the scrimmage.

Vika always just seems to be in the right place all the time. He is fundamentally sound and seems to have the natural instincts needed to play MLB at a high level. I am excited to see what he does with his opportunity to start this season (at least for the first two games, maybe beyond).

On that note, it has me thinking. When was the last time the Griz did not have an elite MLB? It seems at least for the past decade we have had an absolute stud at MLB and never see much of a drop off after graduation.

conner strahm will find it hard to win back his position once Vika gets rolling..that DUI might have
done him in..

grizghost said:
conner strahm will find it hard to win back his position once Vika gets rolling..that DUI might have
done him in..

Yep. Been saying it since the news broke....Strahm may get Wally Pipped....

AZGrizFan said:
grizghost said:
done him in..
But for the team ... a good situation when they can both play. Competition in practice and they can switch off if one gets dinged.

IdaGriz01 said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizghost said:
done him in..
But for the team ... a good situation when they can both play. Competition in practice and they can switch off if one gets dinged.

Oh I agree...I just think it's gonna be Strahm who becomes the "rotation" guy...

AZGrizFan said:
IdaGriz01 said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizghost said:
done him in..

Oh I agree...I just think it's gonna be Strahm who becomes the "rotation" guy...

There's a quote somewhere from Strahm saying Vika will be the best middle line backer the griz have had since Coyle. We've been loaded at MLB for the last decade, Strahm being on the bottom end of that list.

AZGrizFan said:
grizghost said:
done him in..

Vika's no Lou Gehrig, but then you're no Jack Kennedy!

G-BEARS said:
AZGrizFan said:
IdaGriz01 said:
AZGrizFan said:

There's a quote somewhere from Strahm saying Vika will be the best middle line backer the griz have had since Coyle. We've been loaded at MLB for the last decade, Strahm being on the bottom end of that list.

Where's the quote?

PlayerRep said:
G-BEARS said:
AZGrizFan said:
IdaGriz01 said:

Where's the quote?

Somewhere. ;)

get'em_griz said:
PlayerRep said:
G-BEARS said:
AZGrizFan said:

Where's the quote?

Somewhere. ;)
Good nuf

get'em_griz said:
PlayerRep said:
G-BEARS said:
AZGrizFan said:

Where's the quote?

Somewhere. ;)
I remember seeing it too. Been a couple months though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

get'em_griz said:
PlayerRep said:
G-BEARS said:
AZGrizFan said:

Where's the quote?

Somewhere. ;)

Yeah. Thought G-BEARS made that pretty clear in his post.

Back