• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS Games this weekend!!! Aug 26th and 27th

Paytonlives

Staff member
Finally the shit show of spring and summer football, Johnson measuring and Pre-Season champs is over and real games start.
Only 5 FCS Games... But 2 of them are matchups of Top 12 Teams. So at least something to Watch!!!

Saturday August 26th
Texas Southern at Florida A&M 10AM
Portland St. at BYU (FBS) 1PM
#12 Chatanooga at #6 Jacksonville St. 4:30PM
Colgate at #23 Cal-Poly 5:05PM

Sunday August 27th
#7 Richmond at #3 Sam Houston (postponed) (TBD)

BYU is supposedly "Christian" so instead of winning by 28... They will make sure its a 50 point blowout.

Colgate travels to Cal-Poly to face that ancient Run offense and then follows it up by traveling to Richmond on Sept 9th. Can you say 0-2.

Spread based on Sagarin ratings...

Texas Southern at Florida A&M (Florida A&M -10)
One of these flipping teams will be (1-0). Sagarin has Texas Southern at team #249 out of 254. Florida A&M #236

Portland St. at BYU (BYU -22)
If PSU keeps this within 40 Ill be surprised.

#12 Chatanooga at #6 Jacksonville St. (Jacksonville St. -9)
I look for Chat to Upset JSU

Colgate at #23 Cal-Poly (Poly -11.5)
Cant see Colgate understanding or stoping Polys Offense... Poly Big at home.

#7 Richmond at #3 Sam Houston (SH -5)
Game of the week and one of the best in the FCS this season.

Paytonlives said:
BYU is supposedly "Christian" so instead of winning by 28... They will make sure its a 50 point blowout.

BYU is a cheap shot school second to none. Lots of pent up anxieties there.

fanofzoo said:
Paytonlives said:

Aaaaand the Mormon bashing on the board begins. Politics, religion, people running out back doors...is nothing sacred in this forum?

AZDoc said:
fanofzoo said:
Paytonlives said:

Aaaaand the Mormon bashing on the board begins. Politics, religion, people running out back doors...is nothing sacred in this forum?
Thinking the same. I am mildly shocked (regardless of my personal beliefs) at a mod making an off-topic religious cheap-shot while ostensibly being entrusted with control of forum content. Any notion of role-modelling was clearly a misperception on my part. My level of respect went down a notch.

Excuse me Gristly Fan, that statement was based on BYU's past behavior. There a number of Mormon
colleges that do not have BYU's reputation.

rail43boy said:
Excuse me Gristly Fan, that statement was based on BYU's past behavior. There a number of Mormon
colleges that do not have BYU's reputation.

Sorry but I read the post exactly as written. You can infer whatever you believe was meant but the words are what they are. If the post was intended to be a shot at only BYU without regard for religious affiliation it could simply have been written that way.

Ok I'll say it more politically correct. BYU sports has little to no class. No grace no class just try to embarrass your opponent.

Paytonlives said:
Ok I'll say it more politically correct. BYU sports has little to no class. No grace no class just try to embarrass your opponent.

Like I said, cheap shot provocateurs.

Getting back to football ... TV Schedule

Aug 26
Texas Southern at Florida A&M . . . 10:00 am ESPNU (DirecTV 208)
Portland State at BYU . . . .. . . . . . . . 1:00 pm ESPN (DTV 206)
Chattanooga vs Jacksonville State . . 4:30 pm ESPN
Colgate at Cal Poly . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5:00 pm ESPNU

Aug 27
Richmond at Sam Houston State . . 5:00 pm ESPNU

All of these games are also on WatchESPN

IdaGriz01 said:
Getting back to football ... TV Schedule

Aug 26
Texas Southern at Florida A&M . . . 10:00 am ESPNU (DirecTV 208)
Portland State at BYU . . . .. . . . . . . . 1:00 pm ESPN (DTV 206)
Chattanooga vs Jacksonville State . . 4:30 pm ESPN
Colgate at Cal Poly . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5:00 pm ESPNU

Aug 27
Richmond at Sam Houston State . . 5:00 pm ESPNU

All of these games are also on WatchESPN
(Bump) Of course, there are also 4 FBS vs FBS games on Saturday, three of which will be televised on CBS or ESPN.

Oops: Just saw a headline that the Richmond-SHSU game has been "postponed" due to the hurricane that's hitting Texas. No word yet on a makeup date.

The FAMU - Tex Southern game is a bit one-sided (20-0 FAMU) at the half. TS is in Houston, so they may be a touch preoccupied by what's happening there.

Hopefully, the TV people will actually broadcast the halftime show, since FAMU is supposed to have one of the best bands in all of college football.

Edit: NOPE! About a half-second of band, then Blah Blah Blah. :x

Sigh.

BYU TV is airing a live kickoff preview of their upcoming match-up against Portland State

Bertram said:
BYU TV is airing a live kickoff preview of their upcoming match-up against Portland State
Even a one-sided (now 29-0 FAMU) football game has got to be better than an hour-long preview show. ;)

At least we have the Oregon State at Colorado State game coming on at 12:30 on CBS-SN (DirecTV 221).

3 minutes into the Preview show I switched back to the slaughter of Texas So.

Back