• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stitt- No fence riding (for or against)-Pre 2017

For or Against keeping Stitt

• For

Votes: 112 84.8%
  • Against

Votes: 20 15.2%

• Total voters

mtgrizrule

This is his 3rd year. I have always believed 3 years is a fair time to truly evaluate coaches and their future. Going into this season, I am on board for extending him, after this season. I feel he should be given the time to have his young talent mature, with him as coach. I also am not for a revolving door approach for head coach. For the most part the players are staying out of trouble and doing well in the class room as well.

Please keep the post respectful and not derail this. :thumb:

I voted "For". I believe a coach should get four years, not just three. Especially when he takes over a team that's down four scholarships and coming out of the mess that Engstrom put us in.....he didn't inherit Hauck's caddy....

I'm for Stitt. He is building a solid team with solid character. Class of 17 and 18 look great so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I voted for. Mostly because the kind of talent he seems to recruit should pay off dividends eventually. I have my doubts about him but throwing out the baby with the bathwater is not going to right the ship at this point

If you're a Griz fan every damn one of you better be voting for Stitt. A vote against him is a vote against your team.

And if you voted against, then you sure as heck are not a Griz fan.

Stitt will have everyone on his side by the end of this season. I have never left his side. Good coach, great recruiting, fantastic facilities.

I'm 100% for Stitt, but the election isn't until November. That's the reality.

You ask! If lousy special teams and no running game continues I say fire his ass! He has to start playing his best QB not just his oldest QB!!! RP should have played last year! For the second year in a row he played a graduating senior rather than prepare a kid to take over. I am hopeful but would never bet on a team coached by Bob Stitt! Caleb Hill is a great talent at QB I wonder how long we will have to wait to see him? I keep hearing what a great recruiter BS is? we will see this year??? If he can't beat that bobkat bunch he should be fired!!! They were the worst team in the country last year and they embarrassed us in WGS! They won two fricken conference games :( :( No more excuses!!!

RayWill said:
I voted for. Mostly because the kind of talent he seems to recruit should pay off dividends eventually. I have my doubts about him but throwing out the baby with the bathwater is not going to right the ship at this point

For. But Stitt's contract extension was pulled at the end of last season because of the doubts that have arisen. He'll get this season to prove himself but he IS up against it.....

mtgrizrule said:
This is his 3rd year. I have always believed 3 years is a fair time to truly evaluate coaches and their future. Going into this season, I am on board for extending him, after this season. I feel he should be given the time to have his young talent mature, with him as coach. I also am not for a revolving door approach for head coach. For the most part the players are staying out of trouble and doing well in the class room as well.

Please keep the post respectful and not derail this. :thumb:

:clap:

I voted for, the program needs stability at head coach, and with the recruits that are coming in and those who are red shirt freshmen there is a lot of potential.

Extending him season unseen? Seems like a fool's errand. As unlikely as it seems, what if he goes 2-9? All those yes votes would remain yes? Doubt it. Prudent to support the hell out of the team but wait and see.

CV Griz Fan said:
RayWill said:

For. But Stitt's contract extension was pulled at the end of last season because of the doubts that have arisen. He'll get this season to prove himself but he IS up against it.....

Agreed. I am hoping that this season sees an improvement

Post by ordigger » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:28 pm

If you're a Griz fan every damn one of you better be voting for Stitt. A vote against him is a vote against your team.

Such an enlightened approach to life. However, because I don't choose to be bullied by dipshit posts like yours, I believe I will wait until after the season to assess how Coach Stitt has done coaching the indisputable talent he has brought in. I wish him and the team well; hoping for 8-3 in regular season and at least two playoff games. It is my sincere hope that there is no need for an after the season poll and the record speaks for itself.

AZGrizFan said:
I voted "For". I believe a coach should get four years, not just three. Especially when he takes over a team that's down four scholarships and coming out of the mess that Engstrom put us in.....he didn't inherit Hauck's caddy....

This. Definitely for Stitt and this staff. He inherited a team that was trying to maintain some semblance of order. i believe this crew of kids will be better than people expect. There is a different energy this year. The greatest concern I have is special teams.

I am rooting for Stitt, but deciding if he should get another season is foolish before seeing how 2017 goes. I will also add that anyone drawing a hard line for an extension now, especially of at least 2 playoffs wins, is a clueless dope with an axe to grind.

by HelenaHandBasket » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:50 pm

I am rooting for Stitt, but deciding if he should get another season is foolish before seeing how 2017 goes. I will also add that anyone drawing a hard line for an extension now, especially of at least 2 playoffs wins, is a clueless dope with an axe to grind.

I appreciate your support for the wait and see approach. However I believe you may have misinterpreted the rest of my post. The direct quote was "hoping for 8-3 in regular season and at least two playoff games" Key word is "HOPING" No line drawn in the sand. I would settle for 7-4 with a win over the Cats even with no playoff appearance for an extension. I have no axe to grind. Please use some discretion when calling someone a clueless dope.

sdk.catfish said:
by HelenaHandBasket » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:50 pm

I appreciate your support for the wait and see approach. However I believe you may have misinterpreted the rest of my post. The direct quote was "hoping for 8-3 in regular season and at least two playoff games" Key word is "HOPING" No line drawn in the sand. I would settle for 7-4 with a win over the Cats even with no playoff appearance for an extension. I have no axe to grind. Please use some discretion when calling someone a clueless dope.

To be honest, it was not even directed at you. I didn't even take the time to read your post.

sdk.catfish said:
Post by ordigger » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:28 pm

Such an enlightened approach to life. However, because I don't choose to be bullied by dipshit posts like yours, I believe I will wait until after the season to assess how Coach Stitt has done coaching the indisputable talent he has brought in. I wish him and the team well; hoping for 8-3 in regular season and at least two playoff games. It is my sincere hope that there is no need for an after the season poll and the record speaks for itself.

Oh, one of those "I'll decide after the fact" guys

- I'll become Dad, after the child is born
- I'll get a job, after working at McDonald's for 10 years
- I'll buy car, after one was giving to you.

WTG....FAN! lol

It's actually very simple, if you are a fan of this team, then you want them to win - therefore you want Stitt to win.

If you don't want Stitt to win, then that means you are not cheering for your team.

And we have 5 against so far, either losers - or hopefully, fans of other teams.

by HelenaHandBasket » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:31 pm

sdk.catfish wrote: ↑Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:21 pm

To be honest, it was not even directed at you. I didn't even take the time to read your post.

HHB - I'm cool with that but am retiring for the night somewhat disappointed that you didn't even read my post. I guess we all need to learn that we just aren't that frigging important :)

Back