• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

No. 23 Caleb Lyons

Ken Jones

Via Caleb Lyons' Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/p/BXbz80nhp3r/?taken-by=yeeeahscoot)

I've been told that the game of football isn't life, But my whole life this game is all I have ever known. You always hear the cliche phrase "don't take this game for granted, you never know when it'll be your last play." And it never hit me until I met my last play. Due to many/back to back concussions/TBI's I will be hanging my cleats up for the sake of my mental health and for my family. This game has taught me more in life than I can even put into words. I am so thankful for everyone who believed in me when the odds weren't in my favor. I am thankful for every coach I have ever had, and all the friends and family that pushed me to be the best I could be. Ever since 4th grade I have dreaded this moment, and it brings many tears to my eyes every time I think about it. But what helps me is understanding God has a plan for every one of us. With that being said I will trust his plan and will be accepting a student coaching opportunity that I was given at the U of Montana. This was truly god given and I am so thankful for the opportunity. And with the help of the UM coaching staff I will work to be the best coach I can be. I believe by being vulnerable I will be able to help other athletes through their rough times, and I truly believe God has me on this earth to help others. This is the hardest thing I have ever done, but I am surrounded by the best family, and best group of brothers in the nation. I love you guys! & Hopefully one day you guys will see Scooter coaching on the big screen!

And to my Griz fam we gettin a đź’Ť this year!!

:thumb: Not at all easy, but rest assured you've made the right call. Best of luck to you Caleb, and here's to all the great things ahead for you.

Griz Nation will miss you amd all you gave to the team. I am happy you will be around in a coaching role. I wish you nothing but the best and I love your attitude with this. Go Griz!

How about showing some respect and spelling his name right? www.gogriz.com has a roster and everything

#winthestate

Does anyone know what kind of coaching position he will be doing this year? I heard he is going to be some sort of student assistant. Is this true? Best of luck to you Caleb. You definitely made the right decision.

Jeff Choke said:
How about showing some respect and spelling his name right? www.gogriz.com has a roster and everything

#winthestate

A beautiful, heartwarming statement and all you can respond to is a spelling error.

God Bless you Caleb and best to you and your family going forward :thumb:

Thank you for your contribution to griz football as a player and as a coach! Keep the faith and Go Griz!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/scoot23_/status/899094748341743616[/tweet]

Looks like he's home. :thumb:

Back