• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM vs UW Tailgating

IntuitiveGriz

DONOR
Who here has ever, or will be tailgaiting at the UM vs UW game this season? We want to buy tickets to the game, and more importantly find out info on tailgating in a RV there. Can anyone shed some light?

Who is going to the game? Let's have a big showing!!! :egriz: And make those Seattle yuppies say,"Wow".

IntuitiveGriz said:
Who here has ever, or will be tailgaiting at the UM vs UW game this season? We want to buy tickets to the game, and more importantly find out info on tailgating in a RV there. Can anyone shed some light?

Who is going to the game? Let's have a big showing!!! :egriz: And make those Seattle yuppies say,"Wow".

Absolutely going.

Intuitive, see pages 17 (for RV info) and 21+ for tailgating info.

http://www.gohuskies.com/documents/2016/8/15//2016_FB_FanGuide_Final.pdf?id=2748

Go GRIZ!!

I tailgated at the old Husky Stadium. It was a night game against Oregon so it was a sellout and fans were pretty hyped up. It was an awesome experience. In the main parking lot, there was probably about 2,000 RV's and it seeme dlike every single one of them had a siberian husky or two all decked out in purple. The main tailgates were pretty standard. Then of course there was the lake and boats. Never made my way to that side, but it looked pretty awesome.

If you are going to be tailgating at UW be sure and check out the Ram Restaurant and Brewery in University Village. A great game day experience!

The boat tailgating area is a must stop. I went there with friends that were going to school there, the scenery is AMAZING, and the boats and stadium are pretty neat as well.

George Ferguson said:
I tailgated at the old Husky Stadium. It was a night game against Oregon so it was a sellout and fans were pretty hyped up. It was an awesome experience. In the main parking lot, there was probably about 2,000 RV's and it seeme dlike every single one of them had a siberian husky or two all decked out in purple. The main tailgates were pretty standard. Then of course there was the lake and boats. Never made my way to that side, but it looked pretty awesome.

You do know the new Husky Stadium is "the old Husky Stadium" - since 1920 - with more facelifts than Michael Jackson...

The boat tailgating is great, but you really need to know someone. I've found they're not as welcoming to strangers as the boat tailgaters at Tennessee were.

UM is hosting a tailgate as well.

The Ram is good for a chain brewery. But that P/L can be a nightmare on game days. There are a lot of decent bars along "The Ave" (which is actually University Way, but Udub students have difficulties with three-letter words).

It's your basic tailgating, nothing more nothing less. Forget that cheap $10-15 parking fee though. I think we paid $35-40 something like five years ago.

polsongrizz said:
It's your basic tailgating, nothing more nothing less. Forget that cheap $10-15 parking fee though. I think we paid $35-40 something like five years ago.
Do not think "cheap" about anything that is directly impacted by the city (or the university). Seattle has by far the highest hotel, car rental, restaurant, and sales tax burden of any city west of the Mississippi.

On another matter: While I have no direct experience with getting around there in a big RV, I would suggest you review your routes very carefully. With so much on-street parking north of the campus, we found most streets to be narrow and congested. I can't tell you how many times we thought someone in a larger vehicle would sideswipe a bus. I also seem to recall a fair number of streets with "trucks prohibited" signs, although that might have been someplace else around the city. But I know we waited 5-10 minutes while a big delivery truck jockeyed his way around a corner -- within a mile of campus.

Silvertip said:
George Ferguson said:
I tailgated at the old Husky Stadium. It was a night game against Oregon so it was a sellout and fans were pretty hyped up. It was an awesome experience. In the main parking lot, there was probably about 2,000 RV's and it seemed like every single one of them had a siberian husky or two all decked out in purple. The main tailgates were pretty standard. Then of course there was the lake and boats. Never made my way to that side, but it looked pretty awesome.

You do know the new Husky Stadium is "the old Husky Stadium" - since 1920 - with more facelifts than Michael Jackson...

Actually, it sits where the old Husky Stadium was, and it was rebuilt to mirror the original design of the stadium. It is a new stadium from the ground up, including the field being sunk lower than the original. It was called a renovation project, but it's a new stadium, with all new steel, and that was a big part of it. The steel of the original Husky Stadium had structural concerns from about 1995 to when it was torn down.

Per the UDub site: The new Husky Stadium was developed by Wright Runstad & Company, designed by 360 Architecture, and constructed by Turner Construction company. The steel decking was supplied by Profile Steel. The new stadium is the first and primary income source of a completely remodeled athletic district which includes a new $19 million Husky Ballpark, a new track and field stadium, renovated soccer stadium, $50 million basketball operations and practice facility and recently completed projects such as the Husky Legends Center, the Conibear Shellhouse and Alaska Airlines Arena renovations, and the construction of the Dempsey Indoor facility. This major remodel of the athletic village coincided with construction for an underground station for a northern extension of the Link Light Rail system and a replacement of the Evergreen Point Floating Bridge.

The renovation project incorporated a new grand concourse, press box, video and audio system, and football offices, as well as new and improved amenities, concession stands, and bathrooms. The track that had enclosed the playing field was removed, and the field itself lowered by four feet to make room for additional seating closer to the sidelines. The student section was relocated from the north sideline to the west end zone, and the temporary bleachers in the east end zone were replaced with a permanent structure featuring field-level suites. The addition of box suites reduced the seating capacity from 72,500 to 70,138.[31] Despite the reduction in capacity, the renovated stadium is expected to be as loud as its predecessor.[32] Additionally, new parking garages were constructed and facilities throughout the athletic village were renovated.[33]

EverettGriz said:
The boat tailgating is great, but you really need to know someone. I've found they're not as welcoming to strangers as the boat tailgaters at Tennessee were.

UM is hosting a tailgate as well.

The Ram is good for a chain brewery. But that P/L can be a nightmare on game days. There are a lot of decent bars along "The Ave" (which is actually University Way, but Udub students have difficulties with three-letter words).

Just bring PR, he knows everyone...It actually is pretty True though, I went to the boat tailgates with my wifes cousin who golfed for UW. It was a blast!! (even though UW sucked in 2010).

The tailgating on the boats in Tennessee was amazing. Kindest fans I have met anywhere! Only bad part of the tailgating in Tennessee was when you got on campus, drinking was done. What a sobering experience that was. I am sure UW does it right!

Going plus five. Staying with relatives who are huge Husky fans. Will probably hit some Husky tailgates but hope to find the Griz tailgate also. Should be a blast.

George Ferguson said:
Silvertip said:
George Ferguson said:
I tailgated at the old Husky Stadium. It was a night game against Oregon so it was a sellout and fans were pretty hyped up. It was an awesome experience. In the main parking lot, there was probably about 2,000 RV's and it seemed like every single one of them had a siberian husky or two all decked out in purple. The main tailgates were pretty standard. Then of course there was the lake and boats. Never made my way to that side, but it looked pretty awesome.

Actually, it sits where the old Husky Stadium was, and it was rebuilt to mirror the original design of the stadium. It is a new stadium from the ground up, including the field being sunk lower than the original. It was called a renovation project, but it's a new stadium, with all new steel, and that was a big part of it. The steel of the original Husky Stadium had structural concerns from about 1995 to when it was torn down.

Per the UDub site: The new Husky Stadium was developed by Wright Runstad & Company, designed by 360 Architecture, and constructed by Turner Construction company. The steel decking was supplied by Profile Steel. The new stadium is the first and primary income source of a completely remodeled athletic district which includes a new $19 million Husky Ballpark, a new track and field stadium, renovated soccer stadium, $50 million basketball operations and practice facility and recently completed projects such as the Husky Legends Center, the Conibear Shellhouse and Alaska Airlines Arena renovations, and the construction of the Dempsey Indoor facility. This major remodel of the athletic village coincided with construction for an underground station for a northern extension of the Link Light Rail system and a replacement of the Evergreen Point Floating Bridge.

The renovation project incorporated a new grand concourse, press box, video and audio system, and football offices, as well as new and improved amenities, concession stands, and bathrooms. The track that had enclosed the playing field was removed, and the field itself lowered by four feet to make room for additional seating closer to the sidelines. The student section was relocated from the north sideline to the west end zone, and the temporary bleachers in the east end zone were replaced with a permanent structure featuring field-level suites. The addition of box suites reduced the seating capacity from 72,500 to 70,138.[31] Despite the reduction in capacity, the renovated stadium is expected to be as loud as its predecessor.[32] Additionally, new parking garages were constructed and facilities throughout the athletic village were renovated.[33]

Wikipedia, which seems to be the source for your retort, favors the term renovation - but probably either new or old works depending on one's own subjective opinion. I've been to Husky Stadium twice - for a war bond drive as a tot and more than a decade later for a Griz -UW game when Hugh McElhenny and Don Heinrich were playing and the seating capacity was around 52,000. Yet, for all of it's new fangled look the basic configuration and orientation of the stadium from it's origin remains unchanged.

You guys need to brush up on your terminology.

It's called sailgating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoldenEagle said:
You Montana fans are gonna be turds in the punch bowl.

Does anyone know what the fuck GoldenShower is trying to say?

Does anyone even give the smallest fuck?

Didn't think so on either question.

Back