• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky Preview results

Griz til I die

DONOR
Over the past 13 weeks, I've previewed every team in the big sky and given my personal prediction on the team and then asked you guys what their record would be. I took the most popular answer given from egriz and the eastern Washington fan forum to different fans perspectives. Based on the fans predictions, here's what the standings in the big sky look like:
1. E. Washington 9-2*
2. Montana 8-3*
3. Cal Poly 8-3*
4. N. Dakota 7-4*
5. Weber St. 7-4
6. N. Arizona 6-5
7. Montana St. 5-6
8. S. Utah 5-6
9. UC Davis 5-6
10. Portland St. 4-7
11. N. Colorado 3-8
12. Sacramento St. 3-8
13. Idaho State 2-9
Ties were broken by strength of schedule. * indicates that team would make the playoffs based on the poll results. Well that's all I got, how do you guys think it looks?

I like it! But, I think based on their ability to run the ball that UND is too low frankly, with all the questions surrounding the Griz, they may be too high. UND could easily be 8-3 along with the Griz. I think 8-3 for the Griz is reasonable if they play the way they are capable of.

I like it and hope it turns out this way. But, I'm with Gaeilge, swap UND and the Griz.

UND is going to be just like SUU winning one year and being middle of the pack the next. Losing their top CB is going to result in L's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Cal Poly is going to be like North Dakota last year or SUU in others where they will have a good record because they miss playing UM, EWU and MSU.

I just don't believe Eastern will be as good this year. Top receivers and coaches gone. I think they will be around 6-5 or 7-4.

dayday said:
I think Cal Poly is going to be like North Dakota last year or SUU in others where they will have a good record because they miss playing UM, EWU and MSU.

This may be true. But, it wont be because they don't play the Griz.

reinell30 said:
I just don't believe Eastern will be as good this year. Top receivers and coaches gone. I think they will be around 6-5 or 7-4.
I agree that people tend to undervalue the importance of specific individuals. How many wins was Cooper Kupp every year? At least a couple. They won't have another Cooper Kupp and while they have some receivers, they aren't Kupp. Also changing of coaches is harder than it looks. The Griz had a good string but then reality set in. EWU will be down quite a bit this year.

Grisly Fan said:
reinell30 said:
I agree that people tend to undervalue the importance of specific individuals. How many wins was Cooper Kupp every year? At least a couple. They won't have another Cooper Kupp and while they have some receivers, they aren't Kupp. Also changing of coaches is harder than it looks. The Griz had a good string but then reality set in. EWU will be down quite a bit this year.

On the flip side I think they are better off than most would be in the situation. The O-line is solid, QB is top grade, Kupp is gone but a bevy of young receivers with real talent and speed on the edge. Coach has been with program for a long time now. No change to offensive scheme or style. What appears to possibly an improved defense. I think 8-3 is more likely.

Grisly Fan said:
reinell30 said:

Good to see some other folks not drinking the EWU koolaid. They are in for a wakeup call. No Kupp. No Baldwin. Good luck.

I remember reading in the Spokesman that the new HC is looking to run the ball more. That is what I recall anyway.

IdahoGrizFan said:
I remember reading in the Spokesman that the new HC is looking to run the ball more. That is what I recall anyway.

It was more along the lines that with the Oline and some talent at back he figured they could run the ball more effectively to bring some more balance to the Offense

AZGrizFan said:
Grisly Fan said:
reinell30 said:

Good to see some other folks not drinking the EWU koolaid. They are in for a wakeup call. No Kupp. No Baldwin. Good luck.

You should keep the luck for you guys. You'll need it more.

ewueagle2010 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Grisly Fan said:
reinell30 said:

Being serious here. Transitioning to a new coach can be difficult. Granted, the transition to your new coach could be seamless with his experience and history with the program. I am not counting EWU out by any means, but I would expect somewhat of a learning curve. I also believe the Griz are about to start turning the corner and the road to the BSC title and the playoffs will not be as easy as the last few years. Playing at Wa Griz is not going to be easy. I personally like the rivalry and hope the game is a good one.

ewueagle2010 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Grisly Fan said:
reinell30 said:

Mmmm Kay, Einstein. Let's go with that.

Copper Griz said:
ewueagle2010 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Grisly Fan said:

Being serious here. Transitioning to a new coach can be difficult. Granted, the transition to your new coach could be seamless with his experience and history with the program. I am not counting EWU out by any means, but I would expect somewhat of a learning curve. I also believe the Griz are about to start turning the corner and the road to the BSC title and the playoffs will not be as easy as the last few years. Playing at Wa Griz is not going to be easy. I personally like the rivalry and hope the game is a good one.

I expect things to look different. I don't think EWU will be the "hang 50 on any team" type anymore, but I expect more discipline. I think they'll be a team capable of hanging 50, but more likely in the 30-35 range with a better defense than in recent years. I also expect more power run and longer drives, rather than 2 play, 70 yard drives that take less than a minute.

On the flip side, I don't think the Griz will be a bad team either. I just don't really know WHAT to expect as last year I thought they'd be much better and weren't. Especially after being better than what I expected the year before. They'll always be in the conversation and are more than capable of knocking EWU off in WA - Griz.

I just think it's entertaining to see so many discount EWU because Cooper and Baldwin are gone. I remember the same prediction on here when Greg Herd, Brandon Kauffman and Nick Edwards all left.

ewueagle2010 said:
Copper Griz said:
ewueagle2010 said:
AZGrizFan said:

I expect things to look different. I don't think EWU will be the "hang 50 on any team" type anymore, but I expect more discipline. I think they'll be a team capable of hanging 50, but more likely in the 30-35 range with a better defense than in recent years. I also expect more power run and longer drives, rather than 2 play, 70 yard drives that take less than a minute.

On the flip side, I don't think the Griz will be a bad team either. I just don't really know WHAT to expect as last year I thought they'd be much better and weren't. Especially after being better than what I expected the year before. They'll always be in the conversation and are more than capable of knocking EWU off in WA - Griz.

I just think it's entertaining to see so many discount EWU because Cooper and Baldwin are gone. I remember the same prediction on here when Greg Herd, Brandon Kauffman and Nick Edwards all left.
I see EWU as a wild card this season. A BIG wildcard.

You guys went 6-5 after VA graduates, then come back very strong last season. So I do think that losing Baldwin, Kupp, and Ebukam can and will affect the team to some extent. At the same time, I think that Best will be a good coach, and the roster has talent.

I could see the eagles finishing anywhere from 1st - 5th. However I will predict a big win for the Griz when you come to Wagriz.

Latest posts

Back