• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Idaho State Game

AZDoc

DONOR
Since I moved to Idaho last year, makes a trip to Pocatello pretty easy. If I buy through GoGriz it just says 18 bucks each. Any idea where, or is there a section that people usually like to claim at that hanger dome?

AZDoc said:
Since I moved to Idaho last year, makes a trip to Pocatello pretty easy. If I buy through GoGriz it just says 18 bucks each. Any idea where, or is there a section that people usually like to claim at that hanger dome?
If you buy through GoGriz.com, you get stuck in the undesirable visitor's corner and they do their best gestapo techniques to keep you there if you're sporting Griz gear. We get tix with Pokey relatives (UM grads) and sit on the home side near the 50 in full Griz gear. Not a problem; hard to find any fan intensity in Pokey.

kemajic said:
AZDoc said:
If you buy through GoGriz.com, you get stuck in the undesirable visitor's corner and they do their best gestapo techniques to keep you there if you're sporting Griz gear. We get tix with Pokey relatives (UM grads) and sit on the home side near the 50 in full Griz gear. Not a problem; hard to find any fan intensity in Pokey.
Yep, better to hook up locally if you can manage it. If you call the ISU ticket office with a 208 (Idaho) phone prefix and have the tix sent to an in-state address, you should have no problem. At least, that's what we've found here in Idaho Falls.

As for "intensity" -- that's frowned upon down there (literally). The last time we went, there was one gray-haired grandma type near us. She was a multi-generation Bengal fan (herself down to great-grandson level, apparently). She was a hoot, and tried hard to get something going whenever they had the ball. You wouldn't believe the dirty looks she got from a lot of other supposed ISU fans. Pathetic. Of course, after we saw that, we egged her on as best we could -- sitting there in our Griz gear. :lol:

IdaGriz01 said:
kemajic said:
AZDoc said:
Yep, better to hook up locally if you can manage it. If you call the ISU ticket office with a 208 (Idaho) phone prefix and have the tix sent to an in-state address, you should have no problem. At least, that's what we've found here in Idaho Falls.

As for "intensity" -- that's frowned upon down there (literally). The last time we went, there was one gray-haired grandma type near us. She was a multi-generation Bengal fan (herself down to great-grandson level, apparently). She was a hoot, and tried hard to get something going whenever they had the ball. You wouldn't believe the dirty looks she got from a lot of other supposed ISU fans. Pathetic. Of course, after we saw that, we egged her on as best we could -- sitting there in our Griz gear. :lol:

Ok so what section should we take over? Hahaha

We bought tickets through UM, so we'll be sitting in the visitor's section. Sometimes it's just easier getting tickets through UM instead of having to deal with the home team ticket office.

Buy local. You can get tickets for the Griz section pretty easily. It is section L,M most years. Much of M is through the U, but I when I was in Jerome, I always got them the day or so before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grizfan-24 said:
Buy local. You can get tickets for the Griz section pretty easily. It is section L,M most years. Much of M is through the U, but I when I was in Jerome, I always got them the day or so before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure why you need to bring your personal lifestyle Into it 24? Nobody cares!

A friend of mine had two tickets to a Bengal game. Left his car door unlocked with tickets on the dash and ran in to a store to get something when he came back out there were four tickets on his dash.

If you order them through ISU athletics and your mailing address basically isn't in Idaho they'll not send you the tickets quoted on your invoice, instead they'll move you to the visitor section in the back corner of the stadium.

MTOutsider said:
A friend of mine had two tickets to a Bengal game. Left his car door unlocked with tickets on the dash and ran in to a store to get something when he came back out there were four tickets on his dash.

:thumb:

BWahlberg said:
If you order them through ISU athletics and your mailing address basically isn't in Idaho they'll not send you the tickets quoted on your invoice, instead they'll move you to the visitor section in the back corner of the stadium.

This brings me to my real question...which section are any of you that are going, going to be in? I live in ID so have no problem getting tickets sent to me without bias! Just would like to be around some Griz fans

AZDoc said:
BWahlberg said:

This brings me to my real question...which section are any of you that are going, going to be in? I live in ID so have no problem getting tickets sent to me without bias! Just would like to be around some Griz fans

Well we're going to be in the visitor's section. Not sure exactly where that is in the dome, but we'll be packed with Griz fans in that section I'm sure! We're not picky about our seats, we just want to be with other Griz fans. :thumb:

AZDoc said:
BWahlberg said:

Ha, I'm not going. I'm very superstitious about the Griz, I've been to a 2OT loss there in 2003 and the 2009 near-loss debacle. Vowed I wouldn't go back.

The_Real_Chief said:
The Holt Arena, what an environment. You are in for a gameday experience unlike any other, i'm very jealous.
:lol: :lol: :lol: So electric:
Big-Sky_Idaho_State__Holt_Arena__1920x1200.jpg

RayWill said:
The_Real_Chief said:
The Holt Arena, what an environment. You are in for a gameday experience unlike any other, i'm very jealous.

That is a very electric crowd for the Holt arena right there, I don't think i've ever seen it that full

Of all the stadiums I have been in, including pros, college, high school.....middle school, ISU has the worst of them all.

The_Real_Chief said:
RayWill said:
The_Real_Chief said:
That is a very electric crowd for the Holt arena right there, I don't think i've ever seen it that full
I have seen it pretty close to that ... for a Griz game. But, as noted in an earlier post, "electric" is not a term I would ever apply to the "crowd" [NOT ;) ] of ISU fans. Honestly, I'm not sure why some of them come to the game(s?). I suppose it provides a socially-acceptable chance to get plastered.

Speaking of which, our experience has been that the Griz tailgate is bigger and much livelier than for the "home" team. However, due to personal scheduling problems (don't ask), we've not made it to the tailgate in more recent years, so that may be a "dated" impression. Would welcome input from those who have better information.

BWahlberg said:

That must suck for ISU grads that don't live in Idaho, even friends/family of the team that don't live there either.

BWahlberg said:
AZDoc said:
BWahlberg said:

Ha, I'm not going. I'm very superstitious about the Griz, I've been to a 2OT loss there in 2003 and the 2009 near-loss debacle. Vowed I wouldn't go back.

Well...Griz are undefeated in games I attend. Hope that didn't just Jinx the Savannah State and Idaho State games! hahaha

Back