• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Love me some Stitt

IntuitiveGriz

DONOR
Love this guy! He's at a good point in his 4 to 5 year plan.

5 min interview with coach Stitt at BSC meeting in Park City, UT:

54:53 to 59:52 min mark of the video

http://www.bigskyconf.com/sports/2015/11/19/WatchBigSky.aspx

IntuitiveGriz said:

Man, so much emotion is lost through print. Someone was saying in a different thread about these exact same quotes he thought Stitt wasn't confident at all about this season.

Off the top of my head I can't think of one thing that I could easily disagree with. I'm sure there are some nit-pickers out there who can find something, but from a "gestalt" point of view that may be the best Stitt interview I've seen. Seemed genuine in his understanding that change needs to happen for this team to succeed and appeared to have the students back. I like it. Go Griz!

MTGRZ said:
Off the top of my head I can't think of one thing that I could easily disagree with. I'm sure there are some nit-pickers out there who can find something, but from a "gestalt" point of view that may be the best Stitt interview I've seen. Seemed genuine in his understanding that change needs to happen for this team to succeed and appeared to have the students back. I like it. Go Griz!

Stitt is a very likable guy. He is always sincere and genuine, whether he's saying things fans agree or disagree with. He doesn't BS. The things I know to be true in the time I've gotten to know him, he loves the game of football almost to the point it's kind of obsessive, he truly cares about STUDENT-athlete, as in, they go to class, get a degree, are involved in the community and make good decisions in their personal lives. That is not coach speak from him. I know for a fact it is priority 1B with winning, and anyone who can be honest with themselves truly knows that's not the case with every head coach at the NCAA DI level. Lastly, he is a Griz. When he said this is his dream job, he meant it, and he's now living it.

Those things I have learned are facts that cannot be disputed, and for that, he has my utmost respect. Now, is he a really good football coach? The coach to take Montana to Big Sky and FCS titles? I don't know, I'll let 75 and others judge that one. I freely admit I never COACHED the game, so I'll leave that stuff to someone else.

George Ferguson said:
MTGRZ said:

Stitt is a very likable guy. He is always sincere and genuine, whether he's saying things fans agree or disagree with. He doesn't BS. The things I know to be true in the time I've gotten to know him, he loves the game of football almost to the point it's kind of obsessive, he truly cares about STUDENT-athlete, as in, they go to class, get a degree, are involved in the community and make good decisions in their personal lives. That is not coach speak from him. I know for a fact it is priority 1B with winning, and anyone who can be honest with themselves truly knows that's not the case with every head coach at the NCAA DI level. Lastly, he is a Griz. When he said this is his dream job, he meant it, and he's now living it.

Those things I have learned are facts that cannot be disputed, and for that, he has my utmost respect. Now, is he a really good football coach? The coach to take Montana to Big Sky and FCS titles? I don't know, I'll let 75 and others judge that one. I freely admit I never COACHED the game, so I'll leave that stuff to someone else.

I like him as well, and I have since he was introduced. Good post. Hope he knocks it out of the park this year!

Stop_HammerTime69 said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Man, so much emotion is lost through print. Someone was saying in a different thread about these exact same quotes he thought Stitt wasn't confident at all about this season.

That was me. I agree in print it comes across different. I take back what I said.

George Ferguson said:
MTGRZ said:

I agree he does not BS and he appears to love the game of football as well as being the head coach of the Griz. I have, however, read quotes of his that were, to me, a bit self-serving and not what I would have liked to see. I felt he was particularly genuine in this interview and I just wanted to give him some credit for that. From what I have seen, read, and heard I feel he has really responded to that giant slice of humble pie he was served at the end of last year. I like Stitt, and support him and his staff, and I certainly want the student athletes to succeed in all aspects of their life. Let's hope this year is a banner year for the Griz!

Our interview with Stitt from Park City.

Big Sky Conference Kickoff Coaches Series: Montana Head Coach Bob Stitt
http://skylinesportsmt.com/big-sky-conference-kickoff-coaches-series-montana-head-coach-bob-stitt/

IntuitiveGriz said:

Mods you need to ban this guy, you can't be saying positive things about our coach

Colter_Nuanez56 said:

http://skylinesportsmt.com/big-sky-conference-kickoff-coaches-series-montana-head-coach-bob-stitt/

I'm pulling for him.

griz5700 said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:

I'm pulling for him.

I think everyone who isn't pulling for him is stupid, why would you wish ill on your own team. I'm very optimistic on our team this year, go griz!

The_Real_Chief said:
griz5700 said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:

I'm pulling for him.

I think everyone who isn't pulling for him is stupid, why would you wish ill on your own team. I'm very optimistic on our team this year, go griz!

Probably because they don't like the direction of the program under Stitt? Thus have doubts about him and his system long-term? After last year, those concerns are valid.

I'm pulling for him to prove his many doubters wrong. I really am. Never want to see a guy or his staff get fired. But the program is bigger than any one team, staff, or coach.

griz5700 said:
The_Real_Chief said:
griz5700 said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:

I'm pulling for him.

Probably because they don't like the direction of the program under Stitt? Thus have doubts about him and his system long-term? After last year, those concerns are valid.

I'm pulling for him to prove his many doubters wrong. I really am. Never want to see a guy or his staff get fired. But the program is bigger than any one team, staff, or coach.

Thats fair to criticize, i'm not a huge fan of his system either. I just hope i'm wrong and we get it turned around.

The_Real_Chief said:
griz5700 said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:

I'm pulling for him.

No optimism allowed here...get...gyyeeettt

Stop_HammerTime69 said:
Am I the only one that likes the idea of a "crazy" offense? Something fastpaced and innovative that differs from the rest of the league.

No. I'm with you!

I really like Stitt's philosophy and what he has been trying to build and I continue to support him. I was also extremely disappointed and surprised by the second half of last year. Stitt acknowledged they lost the team and everything they have been doing since then is in an attempt to not let that happen again. He has a season to show good progress and then I think he's set the program up for sustained success. I hope he proves me right, but I think we're going to be seeing some excellent and exciting football very soon!

griz5700 said:
The_Real_Chief said:
griz5700 said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:

I'm pulling for him.

Agreed, but much of what's posted here in the anit-Stitt vitriol goes WAAAY beyond "doubts about his system"....

I can't help but believe Stitt when he says "trust the process". He, his staff, and the players believe in the system and I believe we are going to be in for a great ride when we get there. Hopefully this year is the beginning of the ride.

Back