• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UND loses stud corner

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Tough deal here....kid was an All American and all league pick.

GRAND FORKS, N.D. (UND Athletics) - University of North Dakota football head coach Bubba Schweigert announced that senior cornerback Deion Harris will miss the 2017 season due to a lower-leg injury suffered during a conditioning workout Wednesday morning.

"We received some tough news today regarding an injury Deion Harris suffered. Our team will rally around Deion and support him throughout the rehabilitation process," Schweigert said.

Harris played as a true freshman for UND in 2014 and does have a redshirt season available to use, which gives him the option to return in 2018.

The Hibbing, Minn., native led the Big Sky with five interceptions last season and was an All-American and All-Big Sky performer for the reigning league champions.

HookedonGriz said:
Tough deal here....kid was an All American and all league pick.

GRAND FORKS, N.D. (UND Athletics) - University of North Dakota football head coach Bubba Schweigert announced that senior cornerback Deion Harris will miss the 2017 season due to a lower-leg injury suffered during a conditioning workout Wednesday morning.

"We received some tough news today regarding an injury Deion Harris suffered. Our team will rally around Deion and support him throughout the rehabilitation process," Schweigert said.

Harris played as a true freshman for UND in 2014 and does have a redshirt season available to use, which gives him the option to return in 2018.

The Hibbing, Minn., native led the Big Sky with five interceptions last season and was an All-American and All-Big Sky performer for the reigning league champions.

Ouch. Brightest star on UND defense. This could really hurt them.

UPDATED WITH QUOTES:
UND's Harris suffers season-ending injury
http://skylinesportsmt.com/unds-harris-suffers-season-ending-injury/

Tough break for the kid and the team. Part of the game but still something you don't like to see. Those kids from the Iron Range are usually pretty tough.

Tough break for Harris and UND. I feel a little bad saying it, but I'm liking our chances to knock off the defending conference champs this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe an Achilles or LisFranc issue. Didn't see anything referenced. If that's what it is, he will be in good shape after redshirting. Generally those things heal well, although tough rehab. Wish him well, as any injury that is season ending really sucks.

AZDoc said:
Maybe an Achilles or LisFranc issue. Didn't see anything referenced. If that's what it is, he will be in good shape after redshirting. Generally those things heal well, although tough rehab. Wish him well, as any injury that is season ending really sucks.

Colter said it was Achilles.

SaskGriz said:
Tough break for the kid and the team. Part of the game but still something you don't like to see. Those kids from the Iron Range are usually pretty tough.

Great song writers but not so good singers.

That's like if we would have lost Trumaine Johnson for all of the 2011 season. That's a huge blow for UND.

HookedonGriz said:
He was projected 18th overall pick in the draft next year. Wow.

Really!? For some reason I was thinking Reyes was the more "decorated" corner... I knew they had a few good ones though.

SeattleBobcat said:
HookedonGriz said:

Really!? For some reason I was thinking Reyes was the more "decorated" corner... I knew they had a few good ones though.
Reyes is a safety. And yes, highly decorated

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

HookedonGriz said:

What's your source for this? NFL draft scouts has him ranked as the 13th ranked CB in his class. Tru was anywhere from 3-5 and projected 2nd to early 3rd round. 18th overall pick is very impressive for a Big Sky/FCS player. Just curious.

This is a HUGE loss for UND. As we all know great corners are extremely hard to find at this level. Hope he can come back at 100%

StumptownGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:

What's your source for this? NFL draft scouts has him ranked as the 13th ranked CB in his class. Tru was anywhere from 3-5 and projected 2nd to early 3rd round. 18th overall pick is very impressive for a Big Sky/FCS player. Just curious.

This is a HUGE loss for UND. As we all know great corners are extremely hard to find at this level. Hope he can come back at 100%

My source is Colter's article that is attached in this thread.....

"Days after this year’s NFL Draft in April, the Sporting News ranked Harris as the No. 18 overall prospect in next year’s draft. ESPN draft guru Mel Kiper Jr. ranked Harris as his No. 5 senior cornerback."

HookedonGriz said:
StumptownGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:

My source is Colter's article that is attached in this thread.....

"Days after this year’s NFL Draft in April, the Sporting News ranked Harris as the No. 18 overall prospect in next year’s draft. ESPN draft guru Mel Kiper Jr. ranked Harris as his No. 5 senior cornerback."
Damn, that's big time. Could turn into a HUGE financial loss for the kid to. Wish him all the best getting back.

Back