• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

1989 Griz @ Georgia Southern on YT

503Griz

I know not a game that most want to remember, but the semifinals game at Georgia Southern is on YouTube. KPAX telecast btw.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lni4s_5f64k[/youtube]

What ever happened to all the old Griz game videos on mtgriz.com or on UM's site?

Can someone add more? I'd particularly love videos from 2001, 1995-96, 1993...

Had to wait until December 2, 1995 to give GA Southern a case of the "Statesboro Blues" ( credit Taj Mahal and covered by Allman Bros.) I recall Don Read saying we "had to get faster" after this loss. Well, 6 years later and 45 - 0 at Washington Griz Stadium seemed to signal we'd gotten there. Two weeks later, Griz became champs!

Yes now, wake up mama, turn your lamp down low.
Wake up mama, turn your lamp down low.
Have you got the nerve to drive poor papa Taj from your door?

Woke up this mornin' baby, I had them Statesboro blues.
Statesboro Georgia, that is.
Woke up this mornin, had them Statesboro blues.
Looked over in the corner, well my baby had 'em too.

Mama died and left me reckless, Papa died and left me wild,
I ain't good lookin baby, but I'm someone's sweet angel child.
Going to the country, baby do you want to go?
I know if you can't make it, your sister Lucille say she wanta go.

You know I loved that woman better than any woman I'd ever seen.
Yes I loved that woman better than any woman I'd ever seen.
She treat me like a king, I treat her like she was a doggone Queen.

The Quality of a KPAX broadcast was pretty close to the same from 1989 to 2008. Pretty impressive they were able to keep everything the exact same.

I remember this game very well. At the time I was a major donor and an Griz insider. I was in Harley Lewis' office that Monday demanding that he immediately fire Read. Lewis had one foot out the door and didn't listen to me. Dumb ass! Because of that, we had to languish for another 6 years before we won a championship. If only he would have listened to me! :roll:

Ursa Major said:
I remember this game very well. At the time I was a major donor and an Griz insider. I was in Harley Lewis' office that Monday demanding that he immediately fire Read. Lewis had one foot out the door and didn't listen to me. Dumb ass! Because of that, we had to languish for another 6 years before we won a championship. If only he would have listened to me! :roll:

Sure, sure. But what was your college's RPI then, Ursa?

EverettGriz said:
Ursa Major said:

Slightly lower than my BAC.

Ursa Major said:
EverettGriz said:
Ursa Major said:

Solid. Sure, I left a hanging curve ball up and in the middle of the zone; but you did exactly what a professional of your caliber should do with that.

EverettGriz said:
Ursa Major said:
EverettGriz said:
Ursa Major said:

Solid. Sure, I left a hanging curve ball up and in the middle of the zone; but you did exactly what a professional of your caliber should do with that.

And I appreciate this unexpected generous act, especially from a Coach Read apologist! :thumb:

The_Real_Chief said:
God what is the average age on Egriz? Do you guys all remember Custer's last stand as well?

Barely, as I was just a toddler. But I do recall my dad throwing and empty can of Red Triangle beer at the television and shouting something about the entire thing being fake news because Crazy Horse had colluded with the Russians. Or something to that effect.

EverettGriz said:
The_Real_Chief said:
God what is the average age on Egriz? Do you guys all remember Custer's last stand as well?

Barely, as I was just a toddler. But I do recall my dad throwing and empty can of Red Triangle beer at the television and shouting something about the entire thing being fake news because Crazy Horse had colluded with the Russians. Or something to that effect.

HAHAHAHA literally almost spit my coffee out at my desk

EverettGriz said:
The_Real_Chief said:

Sitting Bull still owes me $5 on a bet he lost regarding President Grant serving a third term. Fucker!

Ursa Major said:
EverettGriz said:
The_Real_Chief said:

Sitting Bull still owes me $5 on a bet he lost regarding President Grant serving a third term. f***[*]!

Guy posts as PapaG (full name being "Sitting Geovani Bull") on lilbronation and that sumbitch never pays his debts on there either.

EverettGriz said:
Ursa Major said:
EverettGriz said:
The_Real_Chief said:

Sitting Bull still owes me $5 on a bet he lost regarding President Grant serving a third term. f***[*]!

Guy posts as PapaG (full name being "Sitting Geovani Bull") on lilbronation and that sumbitch never pays his debts on there either.

True dat!

Back