• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2017 Badlands Bowl

Richard Cranium

I have been going to the Badlands Bowl for the past 10 years. I really enjoy watching the Montana Team whip the crap out of the Nodaks. Montana holds a decisive 17-6 lead in the series. Nodaks 6 wins have been by an average of 8 points. Montana's 17 wins have been by an average of 23 points. Montana has won 8 games by over 21 points, 5 games by over 30 points and 4 games by over 40 points. Nodak has won 3 of its 6 games by less than 3 points. This all illustrates the dominance of Montana over Nodak. I have noticed that Nodak always have much larger kids on the front Lines. This year Nodak has 5 guys That are bigger than Montana's biggest guy who weighs 270 pounds. ND goes 315,300, 295, 275 and 275. Why is it that the bigger Lines in College usually dominate the games but in the Badlands Bowl the much smaller lines always seem to win. Yes, I understand that Montana actually always has the better athletes and we just beat them athletically. The game this year is in Miles City and I encourage all the football fans in Montana to support this game. Both Miles Cit and Dickinson do a great job with this wonderful football series.

I'll have a roster breakdown for the Montana side. The offense should be good but the defense should be dominant. I like our chances once again.

Link to the Montana roster: http://badlandsbowl.com/montana-roster/.

Like I said above, I have some thoughts on the roster and I'll post them within the week. Our defense is loaded.

The_Real_Chief said:
I got thrown out of the badlands bowl for public intoxication a few years back and for provoking North Dakotans

Wouldn't share your gravy fries, huh? That will lead to an uprising there.

My thoughts on the offensive side of the ball:

http://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=39926

Defense will be out tomorrow!

EverettGriz said:
VimSince03 said:
My thoughts on the offensive side of the ball:

http://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=39926

Defense will be out tomorrow!

Click bait!!!

:cool:

bear_catches_salmon.gif

Confirmed: Braydon Deming was selected to both the Badlands Bowl and East-West Shrine game but will decline both invites to join the Griz program early this summer. His brother Bryson, who was selected as an alternate for both games (which is complete bullcrap), will do the same. High school kids have started to do this in recent years. Last year, MSU signees Chase Benson and Balue Chapman declined invites to the Badlands Bowl & East-West Shrine Game while MSU signee Karl Tucker and Miami of Ohio signee Payton O'Reilly declined invites to the East-West Shrine Game.

Braydon was selected as a LB on the Montana roster for the game. Glasgow's Benji Phillips will replace him on the starting roster at LB.

Vim, I'd like to get your opinions on how light our D Line is. Montana DL, excluding Hashley will have a 60-80 pound difference between them and the ND OL. How do you see that working out? How is it that 3 Sidney kids make this team? Sidney barely made the class A playoffs. I think only one of those kids is going D-1 football. Why isn't the Baker kid who is the only Power 5 recruit of any Montana kid not on this team? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Not Vim, but I can tell you that it was similar last year. ND Oline outweighed us by a lot too. But they really struggled with our D line and LB quickness. Don't know about this year's ND kids but last year they were big, but not good weight if you get my drift. It's one thing to be 6'3"+ and 300, and another if you're 6' or shorter.... On offense we had trouble moving those big bodies in the run game, but we were far superior everywhere else.

Okay Vim, you feel its crap that Bryson wasn't selected to either all-star team. He only played QB, so he didn't deserve to be selected at another position he didn't play. This means since your only going to select 2 QB's, he is more deserving than O'Reilly. Dick was going to be chosen at QB and rightfully so, which means the selection coaches, committee's felt O'Reilly was the better choice!

MtFootball said:
Okay Vim, you feel its crap that Bryson wasn't selected to either all-star team. He only played QB, so he didn't deserve to be selected at another position he didn't play. This means since your only going to select 2 QB's, he is more deserving than O'Reilly. Dick was going to be chosen at QB and rightfully so, which means the selection coaches, committee's felt O'Reilly was the better choice!

Using that logic, Tadan Gilman shouldn't have been put at safety because he only played QB his senior season for Kalispell Glacier. Also, for years players have been selected for these games and put into positions they didn't play in high school so saying "he didn't deserve to be selected at another position he didn't play" is incorrect logic. In fact, just last year Michael Jobman of Huntley Project played in the Badlands Bowl and Shrine Game specifically at DE, which was a position he didn't play in high school until the two all-star games. Michael was an OLB, WR, and RB but rarely, if never, lined up on the defensive line in high school. You get the best athletes on the roster, plain and simple. As for your "more deserving than O'Reilly" argument, I completely agree with you. O'Reilly was 100% more deserving to be a selection at QB over Bryson as Callahan is the better overall QB. Now this is all a moot point since the Deming twins weren't going to play in the game anyway, but Bryson could be one of the best players on the field lining up at WR, OLB, or DE.

Back