• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Expectations for this season

Griz til I die

DONOR
Earlier this year, back in January, I posted a thread asking everyone what our record for this season would be and how far we would go in the playoffs. Now that spring ball is over, I wanted to post the question again because now we know a lot more than we did back in January. my prediction for this season was 10-1. I know what your all thinking, call me crazy, but I seriously think it's possible. Our defense has played great this whole spring, and will continue to get better. Even though our offense was a little bit sluggish today, the talent is still there. I think Gresch will get the starting job at QB. I think Reese really hurt his chances today. I thought Gresch had a pretty good day considering he was only on the field for a limited amount of time today. Not to mention that all of our top LB's and our top RB were out for spring ball. once they all come back, I think it will be a night and day difference between spring ball and the actual season. Now that Jensen has gotten his feet wet in this offense, he is going to be a really good QB there's no doubt about it. Even though the spring game may have seemed somewhat underwhelming today, I saw lots of positive signs all over the field. I like this team and I think it's going to be a breakout year. This season we have the advantage of playing all the tough teams at home, which is going to be huge for us. So I am sticking with my answer of 10-1. When I posted this back in January, I initially said 9-2, but that was back when Beau Baldwin was still with Eastern, now that he's gone, I think it will be a little bit of a rebuilding year for the eagles and we beat them at home this year. That's my thoughts on the season. How about you guys?

5-6. Yes, I know it's spring, but I'm just struggling to see many more wins than that right now.

With the schedule we have I will say 8-3 or 7-4, last season proved we can't overlook teams like Northern Colorado anymore.

4-7 Bad quarterback play, total lack of a running game, and poor special teams. The defense will keep em in games but turnovers, 3 and outs, missed field goals, and time of possession add up at some point.

My expectations are 2 playoff wins or the Stitt experiment is over...

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

7 and 4 unless we get a couple of drop down o line. The QB position does not worry me as much as the o line. 9 and 2 or 10 and 1 if we get some hogs who can let plays develop. Everything looked rushed today.

get'em_griz said:
I still believe 8-3.

I hope you're right, but after the first 3 games the Griz will be 2-1 with 8 games remaining. I'm just having a hard time seeing them go 6-2 the rest of the way.

At best, after watching that scrimmage, I would have to say I am not very optimistic about any playoff talk yet. I'll stay more positive than I should at this stage, and say 7-4.

Paytonlives said:
Tough games are at home... minus UW

Griz go 8-3 or 9-2

Agree. They lose to UW big. Probably lose to Eastern and melt down against one other conference team.
The rest of the schedule is too easy right? 8-3.

9/2/17 Valparaiso WIN
9/9/17 at Washington LOSS
9/16/17 Savannah State WIN
9/23/17 Eastern Washington LOSS
9/30/17 at Portland State WIN
10/7/17 at Idaho State WIN
10/14/17 North Dakota LOSS
10/28/17 at Weber State 50/50
11/4/17 Northern Arizona LOSS
11/11/17 Northern Colorado 50/50
11/18/17 at Montana State LOSS

So say most likely 5-6. Have seen scrimmages at EWU, MSU, UM (TV) PORTLAND and have a freind whom follows the NAU Jacks that says they are looking really sharp. North Dakota sounds to be tough again, Weber was a surprise last year. At this point barring major improvement the defense will help keep the Griz in some tight games but the offense does not have the dynamic to get the job done yet. 5-6 Griz no better than the 5th or 6th team in the Big Sky sitting at home watching the post season on TV.

*******Griz came to together during fall ball. Look more dynamic, say 8-3 now (8/24/17)

It's not the talent on the Oline and hasn't been the last several years. It's the offensive scheme,not great QB play, and lack of running game that causes this offense to sputter.

mavgriz said:
It's not the talent on the Oline and hasn't been the last several years. It's the offensive scheme,not great QB play, and lack of running game that causes this offense to sputter.

I beg to differ. I don't think the offensive scheme is great, but the Oline play the last few years has been poor and is a big part of the problems. The poor Oline play is part of the reason that QB play and the running game have been an issue.

fanofzoo said:
They will go as far as the O-line can take them. :pray:

Agreed, along with the qb, the defense, the other players, the coaching, and the bounce of the ball--and the fans in the NEZ.

Back