• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Caleb Hill

dub

Why didn't he get a few downs with the 1s today? Would have made sense to me!

Granted he was against the number twos but he played way better than any QB today. He still had to make great decisions, Great throws, and run when necessary and he did all of those extremely well

I think Hill's gonna be the guy. Seems to have the "it" factor right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brewskis said:

I kind of wonder how he would of played with the 1s today. IMO, I don't think he would have looked as good if he played with the 1s today.

by Griz til I die » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:38 pm

brewskis wrote: ↑Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:23 pm

I kind of wonder how he would of played with the 1s today. IMO, I don't think he would have looked as good if he played with the 1s today.

Really tough to tell. I'm not sure that Tom Brady would have looked good with the 1's but a lot of it is on the OL. Certainly disappointing and will most likely leave e-griz in a snit all summer. But the defense looked really solid so I'm not going to join the "all is lost" crowd at the moment. Stitt really needs to put on a different thinking cap in regards to his offense rather than the green one he is using now.

I wonder why In evaluating the quarterbacks you don't let all 3 go against the number 1 defense and all 3 go against the two's. Seems it would be a better way to evaluate. Comments

TouchdownMontana said:
I wonder why In evaluating the quarterbacks you don't let all 3 go against the number 1 defense and all 3 go against the two's. Seems it would be a better way to evaluate. Comments

I was thinking the same. I've seen many spring games at many levels...unless a clear guy, it almost always has something like that

grizaremoregooder said:
dub said:
Defense really good?

The offense is really, really bad.

They did not look sharp today - that is for sure.
Overall, I think we looked better at this spring game than we did last year. But not much.
Looks like new year, same Sti**.

AZDoc said:
TouchdownMontana said:

I was thinking the same. I've seen many spring games at many levels...unless a clear guy, it almost always has something like that
I have watched a lot of practice and all three scrimmages. Phillips and Jensen are the clear leaders in the competition, and Jensen has looked better than Hill against the 2s all spring. There are only so many one snaps to go around and splitting evenly with two is hard enough. You saw today that neither got in to much of a rythym, adding a third to that mix would not be beneficial in my opinion.

Also, some of what Hill got away with against the 2s would not have happened against ones. Sandry would have eaten him up too.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

grzz said:
AZDoc said:
TouchdownMontana said:

I have watched a lot of practice and all three scrimmages. Phillips and Jensen are the clear leaders in the competition, and Jensen has looked better than Hill against the 2s all spring. There are only so many one snaps to go around and splitting evenly with two is hard enough. You saw today that neither got in to much of a rythym, adding a third to that mix would not be beneficial in my opinion.

Also, some of what Hill got away with against the 2s would not have happened against ones. Sandry would have eaten him up too.

So I guess you could say Caleb has quite the Hill to climb to become a starter.

grzz said:
AZDoc said:
TouchdownMontana said:

You have to remember that Hill has only been with the team one month. His grasp of the offense is limited compared to Phillips and Jensen. I agree that he would have struggled against the first team defense big time. I'm starting to think that Jensen will be the guy. He is not that far behind Phillips and he is a Freshmen with a higher ceiling.

MrTitleist said:
grzz said:
AZDoc said:
TouchdownMontana said:

Probably because stitt is really stubborn and phillips is his guy.

MrTitleist said:
grzz said:
AZDoc said:
TouchdownMontana said:

Delete your account. If I hadn't already driven your ass home from Butte I would leave you there.

grzz said:
MrTitleist said:
grzz said:
AZDoc said:

Delete your account. If I hadn't already driven your ass home from Butte I would leave you there.

Is that the Hill you want to die on today?

Back