• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jace Lewis

I cannot agree more that's his third straight scrimmage where he's absolutely a standout. This kid is a football player and is always around the ball and doing good things. This coaching staff has to find a way to get him on the field.

HookedonGriz said:
I cannot agree more that's his third straight scrimmage where he's absolutely a standout. This kid is a football player and is always around the ball and doing good things. This coaching staff has to find a way to get him on the field.
I'd say starting OLB would be fitting.

brewskis said:
HookedonGriz said:

I agree. I must admit however I don't have confidence in the coaching staff to make the right call. We watched a pretty useless Yamen Sanders make mistake after mistake last year and play all the time in front of a very good Josh Sandry. That poor decision-making alone makes me nervous when it comes to playing or not playing a younger Jace

brewskis said:
HookedonGriz said:
:thumb:

HookedonGriz said:
brewskis said:
HookedonGriz said:

I agree. I must admit however I don't have confidence in the coaching staff to make the right call. We watched a pretty useless Yamen Sanders make mistake after mistake last year and play all the time in front of a very good Josh Sandry. That poor decision-making alone makes me nervous when it comes to playing or not playing a younger Jace
That is my biggest issue with the coaching staff as well. By far. Sandry and Lewis are guys with the attitude and "it" factor that we need on the field. I hope that Semore knows that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a big fan of Jace and the way he plays. But if he wants to see the field as a starter on defense in the fall, he would have to beat out James Banks at OLB correct?

VimSince03 said:
I'm a big fan of Jace and the way he plays. But if he wants to see the field as a starter on defense in the fall, he would have to beat out James Banks at OLB correct?

That's correct.

Don't see that happening, but if there was any of the starting 3 linebackers from 2016 that could see some more subbed out reps it could be Banks.

I will go ahead and say it, Lewis is better than Banks. Whether that equates to playing time, remains to be seen!

Between Lewis, Vika, and Cochran I'm sure that Banks will have to step up his game to hold onto his spots

AZGrizFan said:
I can very easily see Lewis beating out Banks. Wouldn't surprise me at all...
Having two playmakers like Lewis and Buss on the field at once? Yes please.

HookedonGriz said:
brewskis said:
HookedonGriz said:

I'm very glad to see Sandry stayed at U of M. I was worried he might bail- hard to watch
from the sidelines when you clearly should be starting. Need the best players out on
the field.

griz5700 said:
He looked so great against Stitt's unstoppable offense, I'd give him 3 scholarships. Just because.

...but that would....waste 2 schollies.....for receivers.....

You are making me as skiddish as the egrizzers BW describes in the opening paragraph of his last 3-6 years of spring wrap up threads, all the schollies should be used for offensive linemen. :shock:

stonecrest said:
HookedonGriz said:
brewskis said:
HookedonGriz said:

I'm very glad to see Sandry stayed at U of M. I was worried he might bail- hard to watch
from the sidelines when you clearly should be starting. Need the best players out on
the field.

I can assure you it never crossed his mind (bailing). It amazes me how often fans don't give this kids credit for being TEAM PLAYERS. If every kid who felt he should start over another guy left a college football team, no team would have enough players to even field a team. Sandry did what good football players do last year, he did his job when called upon, he worked hard, wasn't disgruntled one bit and was a team player. And if you ask him, he'll tell you Yamen Sanders was defintiely a veteran mentor to him. IN fact, I'm about 100 percent sure there is an interview with him where he mentions that very fact.

Back