• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MSU's two transfer DBs from UW.....

VimSince03

.....are gone. They proved to everyone what they wanted to do with their second chance.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bozchronsports/status/850020677348446208[/tweet]

What pisses me off here is that Choate gave them a second chance at football and a free education and this is how they respond to it. Football-wise it doesn't hurt MSU's depth because the secondary is in good shape especially with the two 3-star freshman corners coming in the fall, but its definitely an embarrassing situation for Coach Choate. Needs to learn from this because he has built up a roster filled with pretty outstanding young men who do a lot for the Bozeman community.

http://billingsgazette.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/football/montana-state-suspends-two-defensive-backs/article_842a5a5a-b7e0-526a-b001-bb5c1e301da8.html

Short lived experiment. Hale played in a whole two games. Gardenhire last two weeks of spring ball.

As Griz fans we shouldn't be casting stones. But anybody with a brain could see this coming from a mile away.

Time to cut their losses and move on.

I think it's clear that Choate is a risk taker. His staff is FULL of high-energy guys (players coaches not disciplinarian) and he throws scholarships around like candy at a parade. I've been impressed with his recruiting on paper.....but there's gonna be more than one of these instances as long as he continues with his current strategy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VimSince03 said:
.....are gone. They proved to everyone what they wanted to do with their second chance.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bozchronsports/status/850020677348446208[/tweet]

What pisses me off here is that Choate gave them a second chance at football and a free education and this is how they respond to it. Football-wise it doesn't hurt MSU's depth because the secondary is in good shape especially with the two 3-star freshman corners coming in the fall, but its definitely an embarrassing situation for Coach Choate. Needs to learn from this because he has built up a roster filled with pretty outstanding young men who do a lot for the Bozeman community.

That's the hard part about drop down or second chance players. Some turn out great and others suck it.

brewskis said:
I think it's clear that Choate is a risk taker. His staff is FULL of high-energy guys (players coaches not disciplinarian) and he throws scholarships around like candy at a parade. I've been impressed with his recruiting on paper.....but there's gonna be more than one of these instances as long as he continues with his current strategy.

Not disciplinarian? That would be incorrect.

MrTitleist said:
Merged topics.. because I hate bdizzle.

This is a travesty. You get rid of the Griz fan's post that had a wonderful headline and more views and keep the cat fan's post. I didn't know you had a secret crush on Mr. Ioane.

See if I ever let you use my pictures for your tinder profile, again!

BDizzle said:
MrTitleist said:
Merged topics.. because I hate bdizzle.

This is a travesty. You get rid of the Griz fan's post that had a wonderful headline and more views and keep the cat fan's post. I didn't know you had a secret crush on Mr. Ioane.

See if I ever let you use my pictures for your tinder profile, again!

The last thing we need is double the women swiping left on us!

Choate took a huge risk bringing on two guys who were basically kicked off their Washington team to give them a second chance. It's funny that there are Cats fans applauding him for suspending these guys quickly and saying things like "the Griz would sweep this under the rug." Yea right! Stitt probably wouldn't take these guys on in the first place and what other choice does a coach have when you hit 3 strikes.

HookedonGriz said:
Choate took a huge risk bringing on two guys who were basically kicked off their Washington team to give them a second chance. It's funny that there are Cats fans applauding him for suspending these guys quickly and saying things like "the Griz would sweep this under the rug." Yea right! Stitt probably wouldn't take these guys on in the first place and what other choice does a coach have when you hit 3 strikes.

Wow nice try at spinning. Here's the actual quote that mentions nothing about the griz, I know... its hard for you to realize we don't give 2 shits about the griz, but you should probably quote things correctly.
BigBruceBaker said:
Cat_gld said:
People here are lauding Choate for suspending these two? Amazing! The only choices he had were to show them the door or be shown the door himself. It's ground hog day for MSU athletics. I suspect these guys won't even finish out the semester. Good riddance! Now, let's get back to Bobcat Football!

Huh? In this day and age coaches sweep everything from drugs to rape under to mat. I'm proud of a coach that does the right thing.

BTW who would want two guys selling prescription pills on their FB team?

From UDub message baord:

I'm gettin jacked, I'm breakin myself
I can't believe they're taking Darren's wealth
They sold my couch, they took my xanax
I looked at the popos and said "damn, what's next?"

They got my homey hemmed up and they all around
Ain't none of them seeing if they going straight pound for pound
I gotta come up real quick before they start to clown
I besta pull out my strap and lay them busters down

They got guns to my head
I think I'm going down
I can't believe I moved to this fuckin town
If I had wings I would fly
Let me contemplate
I glanced in the cut and I see my homey Hale

Sixteen in the clip and one in the hole
Hale Dogg is about to make some bodies turn cold
Now they droppin and yellin
It's a tad bit late
Hale Dogg and Darren G. had to regulate

SeattleBobcat said:
HookedonGriz said:

Wow nice try at spinning. Here's the actual quote that mentions nothing about the griz, I know... its hard for you to realize we don't give 2 shits about the griz, but you should probably quote things correctly.
BigBruceBaker said:
Cat_gld said:
People here are lauding Choate for suspending these two? Amazing! The only choices he had were to show them the door or be shown the door himself. It's ground hog day for MSU athletics. I suspect these guys won't even finish out the semester. Good riddance! Now, let's get back to Bobcat Football!

Huh? In this day and age coaches sweep everything from drugs to rape under to mat. I'm proud of a coach that does the right thing.

Wrong post jack ass. Try this one from LitterBox Nation:

I feel like Choate is the kind of guy that isn't going to put up with this kind of crap. Yes, I know that people will say that he brought these young men in knowing their past problems and took a chance on them. Sometimes you give people a second chance, hope they learn from their mistakes and really work on making things better. These kids knew that all it would take is one screw up. Well, I hope they learn now that this was probably the one chance they were going to get at fixing the problem and changing their lives. If they played for UM, it would only be a first half suspension.

Feel free to apologize any time SB.

I am equal parts deeply disturbed and profoundly embarrassed for the cat football team. We're starting to see the type of "character" the choaf is bringing in to Bozo (which, prior to his arrival, was a sleepy little college town with nary a care in the world). I just hope he clamps down on this nonsense before innocent people get hurt (or worse).

The allegations in the initial affidavit for probable cause seems kind of weak to me especially for Gardenhire. I'm sure they have more evidence but if not I don't expect Gardenhire's charge to stick it'll be pled down or dismissed.

Bummer news, hate to hear of things like this regardless the program. Cats seem to be handling it the right way.

HookedonGriz said:
SeattleBobcat said:
HookedonGriz said:

BigBruceBaker said:
Cat_gld said:

Wrong post jack ass. Try this one from LitterBox Nation:

I feel like Choate is the kind of guy that isn't going to put up with this kind of crap. Yes, I know that people will say that he brought these young men in knowing their past problems and took a chance on them. Sometimes you give people a second chance, hope they learn from their mistakes and really work on making things better. These kids knew that all it would take is one screw up. Well, I hope they learn now that this was probably the one chance they were going to get at fixing the problem and changing their lives. If they played for UM, it would only be a first half suspension.

Feel free to apologize any time SB.
To you!? not on your life. although I think they are perhaps referencing someone who got their 3rd strike with the freaking law, and somehow got back on the team since they didn't deal with the charges until after the season was over with... how convenient and upstanding of Bob's tit.

Back