• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

When do the Griz take on No Dak State again?

GlacierGrizX

Does anyone in the know, know if this is going happen anytime soon? I thought we would been signing the papers after the last time we played them? Does ESPN have to make this happen or Haslam? I think we should play NDSU, Ewoo and MSU every year. If Idaho shapes up its act when they get here; maybe them too? With all them random schools we have scheduled besides Oregon and Washington, seems like NDSU would have slipped in there? I have always wondered why we have not played a road game at Boise St? I think there is a fair amount of alumni there?

Well unless they replace the recently dropped Liberty series with NDSU, they won't be playing them in the next 3-4 years.

AZGrizFan said:
Well unless they replace the recently dropped Liberty series with NDSU, they won't be playing them in the next 3-4 years.

Don't forget The Griz could see them in the Playoffs!!! But first they have to make the playoffs... :|

maroonandsilver said:
We are taking them right now, over the #1 Montana hs recruit Gabe Sulser.

I'm not sure how NDSU recruits anyone at wide receiver. The perfect game plan for them is to throw the ball 10 times and run it 50 times. Not much action for a wide receiver especially when they are in the lead 90 percent of the time.

grizaremoregooder said:
maroonandsilver said:

I'm not sure how NDSU recruits anyone at wide receiver. The perfect game plan for them is to throw the ball 10 times and run it 50 times. Not much action for a wide receiver especially when they are in the lead 90 percent of the time.

They throw more than most people think....theyre actually a pretty balanced offense.

grizaremoregooder said:
maroonandsilver said:

That's not accurate.

The only time we'll see those guys is in the playoffs, I wish we'd do another home and home with them though. With such strong fanbases this would be a fun matchup to have again

maroonandsilver said:

The little I've heard is that NDSU is behind the Montana schools with UM being ahead but it's early. The real threat is FBS schools. If a PAC-12 offer comes I think that makes it difficult for any FCS to compete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrTitleist said:
grizaremoregooder said:
maroonandsilver said:

That's not accurate.
So NDSU is not known for "big boy football"?

Kem was so kind to mention I posted this in the wrong thread: when we beat Northern Colorado and Montana State again, maybe we schedule North Dakota State.

grizaremoregooder said:
MrTitleist said:
grizaremoregooder said:
maroonandsilver said:

That's not accurate.

I'm saying you should re-do the numbers on what you posted and try again.

Post by grizaremoregooder » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:47 am

maroonandsilver wrote: ↑Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:20 am

I have to agree with others that this is not an accurate assessment. Carson Wentz wasn't drafted #2 last year because the NDSU offense passed only 20% of the time. The NFL scouts would have determined they did not have an accurate assessment of his skills if that were the case.

sdk.catfish said:
Post by grizaremoregooder » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:47 am

maroonandsilver wrote: ↑Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:20 am

I have to agree with others that this is not an accurate assessment. Carson Wentz wasn't drafted #2 last year because the NDSU offense passed only 20% of the time. The NFL scouts would have determined they did not have an accurate assessment of his skills if that were the case.
Carson Wentz played in a run heavy lean on your defense offense at North Dakota State. He had NFL talent all around him but none at wide receiver that I know of.

MrTitleist said:
grizaremoregooder said:
MrTitleist said:
grizaremoregooder said:

That's not accurate.

I don't need numbers to know that Bizon receivers spend more time blocking than catching passes. You should go watch an NDSU football game some time without falling asleep. They can really run the football.

grizaremoregooder said:
MrTitleist said:
grizaremoregooder said:
MrTitleist said:
That's not accurate.

I don't need numbers to know that Bizon receivers spend more time blocking than catching passes. You should go watch an NDSU football game some time without falling asleep. They can really run the football.

His point, it is more like pass 10 times and run 25 times. Still "big boy" football, but more accurate.

NDSU just picked up a WR transfer from Illinois. Desmond Cain, had 10 catches 110 yards vs Ohio State 2 years ago, then transferred now.

Gabe will be in Fargo or FBS.

Back