• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM Marketing

HookedonGriz

DONOR
I got some great info recently from UM Marketing about some exciting things going on. I was actually surprised about the many different things they are looking into and implementing. I know we as fans sometimes wonder what the heck they are doing and why we don't see more, so I wanted to share a little of what I learned:

Champion Center - now that progress is visible they are going to increase their pictures and video presence on social media so fans, players, recruits can be excited about this tremendous facility. In fact they had a drone down there today shooting some new video footage. Stay tuned!

Fan Advisory Board - after getting some solid feedback, they are considering putting together a fan advisory board. Once they finalize this, they will promote openings through gogriz.com

Fan surveys - in an effort to hear more feedback from fans, both positive and negative, the department will be utilizing fan surveys and would like to get feedback. These will center around a number of topics.

Song suggestions - they have created a site for fans to share song suggestions for game day experiences.

www.gogriz.com/musicsuggestions

I was excited to hear about some of these and just wanted to keep folks updated.

Nice! The same old gameday routine was getting boring to say the least. I just emailed some song suggestions to the marketing department last week, they must be listening, haha.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

This is good news if they will actually listen to the fan's input. Like many people have said, the music and pre-game as become very stale over the years and need to be redone. Another thing they can get rid of is the "Mic'd Up Minute" which I feel provided no entertainment value at all last year.

I remember a couple years ago when we were promised "a whole new entertainment package" and I swear nothing changed. Hoping for some positive changes moving forward :thumb:

All this sounds awesome. I was surprised when they took my suggestion to use "This Is Our House" song for GRIZ pregame. I just hope they are careful in which fans they listen to, and which ones they don't. I'd love to be part of it for football or basketball.

One thing they got right: Raising the #37 flag prior to the game.
I think they could build on that and get a camera closer so we can actually see it. also, would be nice to have a quick interview video on the jumbo. Griz nation is very proud of our history and its fun to see former players come back and speak about how great it was to be a griz. Have them lead the crowd in the fight song or start up the MONTANA...GRIZZLIES chant.

I have an idea for the marketing team... stop having the cheer squad lead the Montana Grizzlies chant. It just feels too forced and honestly, it makes me not want to cheer along with it. I love it when the cheer is started by fans.

get'em_griz said:
I have an idea for the marketing team... stop having the cheer squad lead the Montana Grizzlies chant. It just feels too forced and honestly, it makes me not want to cheer along with it. I love it when the cheer is started by fans.
AGREED!!! But we've got it going without them before. No reason why we can't keep it going!

get'em_griz said:

Thirdsies.

blackfootipa said:
get'em_griz said:

Thirdsies.

Agree 100%

I did not even know UM had a marketing department...

In the Flathead I see/hear many msu ads on various media...

I hear Montana Tech ads on the radio...

UM ads... queue the crickets.

Paytonlives said:
I did not even know UM had a marketing department...

In the Flathead I see/hear many msu ads on various media...

I hear Montana Tech ads on the radio...

UM ads... queue the crickets.

Takes money to buy whisky & worthwhile advertising. Without some kind of competence in marketing, it's money better spent on something else. Like someone who knew something about marketing & advertising. But then there might be another problem, no money for whisky or advertising. This has death spiral written all over it.

driftwood said:
One thing they got right: Raising the #37 flag prior to the game.
I think they could build on that and get a camera closer so we can actually see it. also, would be nice to have a quick interview video on the jumbo. Griz nation is very proud of our history and its fun to see former players come back and speak about how great it was to be a griz. Have them lead the crowd in the fight song or start up the MONTANA...GRIZZLIES chant.

All of that up there is good :thumb: . I bet in a couple pages we could come up with better stuff than the marketing department has done in 2 decades.

I think it would be new and different if Monte delivered the game ball in a cool or unique way before every game. Maybe body surf down the student section and then hand deliver it to the ref?

get'em_griz said:

Absolutely!

THe Mic'D up Minute could be cool if the subject was dynamic or the clip entertaining, but just rolling it for the sake of rolling it is terrible.

Also, tell Peter Christian to stop reading everything that is on the jumbo screen. It is on the freaking the screen, we don't need to hear his voice constantly. I honestly feel it takes away from his actual game announcements. I am sure this is not Peter's call, so no offense intended.

The only weekend I really care about is military appreciation day. I have helped on four different occassions create a warm welcome for our military and veterans, but have not been afforded the opportunity to help since there were changes in the department, even offering some significantly new ideas, and frankly the best idea to date. Of course I am bias, but the MAD games have been relatively weak recently and I look forward to stating my opinion when this inquiry comes out.

bigtyme said:
The only weekend I really care about is military appreciation day. I have helped on four different occassions create a warm welcome for our military and veterans, but have not been afforded the opportunity to help since there were changes in the department, even offering some significantly new ideas, and frankly the best idea to date. Of course I am bias, but the MAD games have been relatively weak recently and I look forward to stating my opinion when this inquiry comes out.

Those temperance bitches!

get'em_griz said:

Yes! Totally seems like an effort when were told when to yell Montana

Kind of ironic, since UM's business school has marketing programs and the Entertainment Management program.

Latest posts

Back