• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How much do we make at a sold out home game?

PhxGriz

DONOR
I live over in the Seattle area and have to put up with more, "playing UW is going to bankroll your whole season".

What do we make? I always figured around a million, which is more than we are getting paid.

I'm not 100% sure but I heard home games average something like 1.2 million in revenue. Sold out games would make a bit more.

PhxGriz said:
I live over in the Seattle area and have to put up with more, "playing UW is going to bankroll your whole season".

What do we make? I always figured around a million, which is more than we are getting paid.

you gotta define "we", or we won't know what you are after.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the paycheck basically covered travel costs and the new rug @ WaGriz. $800K give or take.

argh! said:
PhxGriz said:

you gotta define "we", or we won't know what you are after.
We = University of Montana.

If tickets are sold at $60 they make about $1.2 million. Regular priced games are little more than half of that total

O'Day used to throw out a number of $650 M as home game return when comparing to a body bag road game. I presume that covered expense costs for a DII visitor, because that was usually his alternative. No way the return is ever close to $1 MM.

kemajic said:
O'Day used to throw out a number of $650 M as home game return when comparing to a body bag road game. I presume that covered expense costs for a DII visitor, because that was usually his alternative. No way the return is ever close to $1 MM.

When I was on the GSA board Jim would come talk to us and point out that most home games would net athletics after costs. I always thought he would say around $350,000 to $400,000... but granted that was 8 to 10 years ago too.

BWahlberg said:
kemajic said:

When I was on the GSA board Jim would come talk to us and point out that most home games would net athletics after costs. I always thought he would say around $350,000 to $400,000... but granted that was 8 to 10 years ago too.
The $650 M number was for the University. Recognize all concessions revenue goes to the food service, all gear sales goes to the bookstore, etc. The AD also has an operations bill to the U for home games. He said he had to have the $650 M number for a body bag road game to beat out a DII home game. In your case, he well could be averaging home and homes with some makeup for travel expenses. Those aren't DII's.

kemajic said:
BWahlberg said:
kemajic said:

The $650 M number was for the University. Recognize all concessions revenue goes to the food service, all gear sales goes to the bookstore, etc. The AD also has an operations bill to the U for home games. He said he had to have the $650 M number for a body bag road game to beat out a DII home game. In your case, he well could be averaging home and homes with some makeup for travel expenses. Those aren't DII's.

Probably so - and could be taking other expenses into factor like that the coaches and athletics rent their office space (or did at that point) from the Adams Center, and other things that would presumably reduce the net amount athletics "makes" per game.

I heard the payout for the UW game is $650K, however, if the Huskies buy out the game they have to pay Montana $950K....I believe those are the correct numbers

kyle_sample said:
If tickets are sold at $60 they make about $1.2 million. Regular priced games are little more than half of that total

That's ticket sales, costs that come out of that I don't know.

Back