• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Would you cheer for the MT team?

Allezchat

Yeah Yeah Yeah. I know. You're not cheering for us, I'm not cheering for you. I don't expect it to be any other way. But this article:
http://www.abcfoxmontana.com/story/34848236/will-griz-fans-support-the-cats-during-the-ncaa

Touches on the subject. I thought it was interesting who the first person they list that says no. That's why I'm putting it in the football forum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hahahhaa Keenan Curran is my new favorite Griz. No sugar coating it there. I used to root for Cats in sports when they didn't play Griz....then I moved to Bozeman and have to deal with the most whiny ass and annoying fan base I've ever encountered. Social media has only made it worse.

I will cheer for the Montana team. What kind of Montana person wouldn't? Assholes. Never play the gamers. Never understand the gamers. The lady griz had a tough year. Why not root for the Cat women?

I will stand for the Lady Cat's for as long as they remain in the tournament! Montana 1st then Big Sky, then ???

Of course....stupid not too. And I grew up in Missoula. To many nimwits walk around with hate in their systems. However, I would not cheer for that team from Moscow.

Cheering? No. But I pretty much never cheer anyway. Do I respect the Lady Cats? Heck yes. They are good and I hope they do well in the tourney. As for this debate, I've always lived by this when it comes to MSU football, I would rather the Cats be good than some of the teams they had during the streak and in Krames' early years. I think it's important to Montana, and Montana football for the Cats to be good. So, on every Saturday beside the third one in November, I have no problem seeing the Cats win. Do I cheer for them? Of course not. We love to think this rivalry is so big and so intense and so great, so, should there be cheering? God no. I know for a fact, Tar Heels wouldn't cheer for Dukies if a crisp hundo was sitting right in front of them. And we, as fans, like to believe this rivalry is on par with rivalries like Carolina/Duke or Yankees/Red Sox. I know, in those rivalries, there is no cheering for the other. So, I do not CHEER or Support the Cats in football. But, I don't cheer against them either. On most Saturday's I'm either glad they won, or, at the very least, indifferent to it.

I'll also say, I think the hate gets stupid too. Like I think the bar owner who took out the Good Luck Villanova add in the Chronicle in 2009 is a MORRRROOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNN, and I'm not ashamed to say it. If the Cats were playing in an FCS naitonal championship game, well, hell would have frozen over, but that's besides the point, I would for sure NOT be wishing their opponent good luck.

Edit: In fairness to Curran, because I'm sure he's absolutely being pasted right now on Bobcat Nation, he is a gigantic Husky fan. He's not just from Washington, the kid is a RABID Husky sports fan.

No. We compete with MSU for athletes, students, and money. I NEVER hope for their success. Any success at MSU makes success at UM more difficult. Right now, high school juniors are deciding where they want to attend college. I don't want MSU to appear any more attractive that it is, or have any more advantage than it already has. SCREW the cats and the catwomen! You can't really be a Griz, and support the cats.

maroonandsilver said:
No. We compete with MSU for athletes, students, and money. I NEVER hope for their success. Any success at MSU makes success at UM more difficult. Right now, high school juniors are deciding where they want to attend college. I don't want MSU to appear any more attractive that it is, or have any more advantage than it already has. SCREW the cats and the catwomen! You can't really be a Griz, and support the cats.

Of course you can if they aren't playing the Griz. I am a Montanan....I support everything Montana over any other state. Heck, I'd even cheer for the Bobcats over UMass, where my cousin - up until last week was the head men's basketball coach BECAUSE I'm a Montanan. I find it very strange that others don't grasp that concept....well probably not for those not from Montana.

I'm a Montana native and prior to attending U of M I cheered for all Montana teams. Post attending U of M I cheer for all Montana teams except State. FTC

I'm pragmatic about about it. If it helps the Grid or there's a player from my hometown majoring in engineering, I can root for the cats. Otherwise they're can be too much recruiting damage.

The cats make it to the dance once out of every 50 years...and we end up with an article posted by a cat fan about their womens bball team......

They have no humility at Little Bro State.

Question for cat fans, how many times did you guys cheer for the lady Griz when they went to the dance?

Mavman said:
Question for cat fans, how many times did you guys cheer for the lady Griz when they went to the dance?

zero.

I respect good teams and kids and coaches who do things right. ever the years I have had quiet respect for many griz teams. and while I never loudly cheer against them...there will never be a day where I will ever cheer FOR any of them.

personally I think that's how it should always be.

Back